IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Actuator broken. Door stuck shut…

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-22, 05:46 AM
CRP01
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Actuator broken. Door stuck shut…

I decided to do some work on my own, and Curious George got too curious and now he’s got a stuck door.

I ordered a new front drivers door lock actuator yesterday after finding out mine was not working well. I decided to pull it out and try to find out if the problem could be remedied. I will say now, it should probably never be opened and instead just replaced. So I opened it up and it has too many intricate pieces inside and all in a configuration I don’t fully understand. So that being said, I put it back together without all the pieces since it didn’t work anyway. I then realized ooops, major ooops… I still need it to lock and unlock manually via door handle and it currently doesn’t engage that metal bar that the door handle uses to contact the actuator.

Obviously I am not worried about the fob working or the interior lock buttons working to open the door by this point. I just need to get the door open in order to get access to the actuator again and manually press the button on the actuator(if that even works still), but I now have a closed door that is locked to the B pillar sill.

I have seen videos of people pulling the top of the interior door panel back and having some sight line, but let’s just for a minute say the actuator is totally garbage since I tinkered with it. Is there a way to get the locking mechanism to let go of the B pillar without totally destroying things? Oh and I gotta do that all from inside the car with the door closed.

Am I totally screwed!? Totally need help!

Old 03-03-22, 11:07 AM
IS350mumba
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice situation you have there. As said rip off door cards from inside and destroy everything
Old 03-04-22, 05:58 AM
Crickets
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if the door latch can be jimmied (slim jimmying it like in the old days)?
Old 03-04-22, 09:49 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Your best best is unhinge the door panel from the inside. There should be a rod that feeds in to the actuator. Also there are some threads on stuck doors. You'll have to search for them. Hopefully you can open it via the rods.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tor-motor.html

Last edited by MikeFig82; 03-04-22 at 02:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CRP01 (03-05-22)
Old 04-12-22, 07:24 PM
JPSANTOS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there I'm new to the club but anyways I really could use some advice I'm working on a coworkers IS250 his driver's door doesn't open by the handle or the inside handle it seems to be unlocking and locking using the key fab but when you left the handles it feels like nothing there so I would think it just needs a new lock actuator am I right for thinking that ? Please any help would be greatly appreciated ?
Old 04-12-22, 07:27 PM
CRP01
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPSANTOS
Hi there I'm new to the club but anyways I really could use some advice I'm working on a coworkers IS250 his driver's door doesn't open by the handle or the inside handle it seems to be unlocking and locking using the key fab but when you left the handles it feels like nothing there so I would think it just needs a new lock actuator am I right for thinking that ? Please any help would be greatly appreciated ?

This problem sounds like the manual arm that is connected to the outside handle and the actuator on the interior of the door is no longer connected. You’ll need to pull the actuator out and look at it. It has a spot on it that receives the metal arm that the door handle uses to engage the mechanical aspect of the actuator.

The following users liked this post:
JPSANTOS (04-12-22)