IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Squeaky Clutch Pedal 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-22, 04:50 AM
knglulu
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Squeaky Clutch Pedal 6MT

Hey, got a 06 IS250 6MT and my clutch pedal squeaks. It comes from the pedal itself and Ive tried lubing it with wd-40 and brake grease i had laying around. when it first came up that helped but now its just gotten worse and wd-40 isnt helping this time. Its similar to this person’s 1is issue “https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...0&goto=newpost” but im unsure as to how to do it on the 2IS? Im pretty sure its the same spring bushing thing that is making it squeak but I’m not too sure how to take it apart and wanted some guidance/tutorial. also what parts do i need?!
Old 10-17-22, 03:35 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,278 Posts

WD is no good. It dissolves the good grease then evaporates leaving it dry.

Most often that pin is also the pivot for the brake pedal. I've never looked. The only real complication is not harming the switches. Other than that, pull the pin and grease it with a good high pressure no run grease.

You could try some motorcycle chain lube. Most spray on as a liquid and stick in place.
Look up Honda Pro Chain Lube with Graphite.

If you try this, it could be messy and if you can't see the pin a waste of time. Shoot it straight, form the straw around a wire (tape it there), in the shape of an upside down 'J', and spray it from all angles with the clutch in and out.

GL
Old 10-17-22, 04:29 PM
knglulu
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
WD is no good. It dissolves the good grease then evaporates leaving it dry.

Most often that pin is also the pivot for the brake pedal. I've never looked. The only real complication is not harming the switches. Other than that, pull the pin and grease it with a good high pressure no run grease.

You could try some motorcycle chain lube. Most spray on as a liquid and stick in place.
Look up Honda Pro Chain Lube with Graphite.

If you try this, it could be messy and if you can't see the pin a waste of time. Shoot it straight, form the straw around a wire (tape it there), in the shape of an upside down 'J', and spray it from all angles with the clutch in and out.

GL
My main concern is taking it apart. It is extremely awkward to get back there and im not the most confident in my abilities to put it back together correctly, I assume one of the main issues is a bushing that is there that may has worn through but I cannot find a diagram of the assembly for the 2IS anywhere.
Old 10-18-22, 10:23 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,278 Posts

Originally Posted by knglulu
My main concern is taking it apart. It is extremely awkward to get back there and im not the most confident in my abilities to put it back together correctly, I assume one of the main issues is a bushing that is there that may has worn through but I cannot find a diagram of the assembly for the 2IS anywhere.
Does the pedal wiggle or more specifically pivot/rock left and right? Im not asking if it slides left right, as Im sure it will and we don't care.

Honestly even if you pulled the pin 1/2 way out, sprayed some good lube in there (chain lube is good but not as good grease), you'll likely be okay.