2006 IS 350 / 2GR FSE Rough low RPM when on load

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-23, 04:54 PM
dumbsheep
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 IS 350 / 2GR FSE Rough low RPM when on load

Hi!

I have a bit of an intermittent problem with an IS 350. Sometimes, not sure what this depends on going about 50 km/h or about 30 mph, the car maintains 5th gear down to about 1000 rpm and sometimes when I press on the gas, it feels like the car or engine rattles / rumbles almost as if it'd stall, until RPMs go up and it goes back to perfectly smooth. It's enough to press gas about 5% more to raise the RPMs above where it no longer idles.
There are no errors on the dash, I cleaned MAF sensor and throttle body, at one time I had loose battery terminal clamps, which once tightened seemed to solve the issue for a day or two. Recently I thoroughly renewed the battery terminals and clamps, again it seemed to be better until I think the car readjusted. Not too long ago I ran some injector cleaner additive in hopes that perhaps the port injectors were a bit clogged, since as I understand it'd be likely those were working during low rpm high load situations.

Besides that I can't really think of anything else, it's still very driveable but the issue is annoying. I haven't found any similar threads about such an issue, really appreciate any help in troubleshooting!
Old 01-05-23, 05:09 PM
dumbsheep
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another note, maybe it'd be helpful, snow mode, starting in 2nd, it's butter, no rattles, nothing. Usually the rattle happens around 50 km/h / 30 mph, when decelerating and the car hasn't downshifted yet and then I'd press on the gas to accelerate slightly / maintain speed.