IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How do I open my door?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-23 | 10:13 AM
jlaidler
1st Gear

Question How do I open my door?

Hello, I'm rarely active on CL, so please excuse me if I make any mistakes.

I have a 2006 IS250, and the front passenger exterior door handle has been loose ever since I've owned the car. At first. the handle worked, but just felt loose. Then, the door could be opened by pushing the loose handle all the way in, and then pulling. One could open the door from the inside by pushing on the door card and pulling the interior level about 3 times. Somebody slammed my door, and now the door cannot be opened from the interior or exterior. I'm assuming one of the cables disconnected (?), since the door won't open from either side. (Yes, I know I should've addressed this sooner.)

That said, is there a way I can open the door? I obviously cannot remove the door panel without.. opening the door..

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!
Old 02-09-23 | 11:37 AM
seanmwple
Intermediate

Probably unlikely but Maybe it's stuck on locked. Pop off the smaller plastic piece of the handle exposing the door lock. Then remove the key from your key fob. Insert key into lock. Worth a shot

Originally Posted by jlaidler
Hello, I'm rarely active on CL, so please excuse me if I make any mistakes.

I have a 2006 IS250, and the front passenger exterior door handle has been loose ever since I've owned the car. At first. the handle worked, but just felt loose. Then, the door could be opened by pushing the loose handle all the way in, and then pulling. One could open the door from the inside by pushing on the door card and pulling the interior level about 3 times. Somebody slammed my door, and now the door cannot be opened from the interior or exterior. I'm assuming one of the cables disconnected (?), since the door won't open from either side. (Yes, I know I should've addressed this sooner.)

That said, is there a way I can open the door? I obviously cannot remove the door panel without.. opening the door..

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!