Lexion Zlink HD issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-23, 07:44 AM
samjackson
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexion Automotive
Hello!

For those wondering about mentioned issues with HD mode on Android Auto, the HD mode is a high-definition mode, and the displayed image is finer, but based on the limitation of wireless transmission bandwidth, AA will reduce the resolution so that the entire picture can be transmitted. Therefore, the resolution of AA will be reduced when the HD mode is turned on, because the picture is finer, and if it is high resolution, the transmission will be incomplete, hence causing the display screen to become smaller. Apple's video encoding method is still more powerful, and it can use the existing wireless bandwidth to transmit finer images.

Let's hope Android Auto may make some improvements to be like Apple Carplay? We will definitely checking on this regularly

Thanks @samjackson by the way!
I was able to get 1080p widescreen wireless AA using Headunit Reloaded on the Lexion device, proving it's a zlink issue rather than an Android Auto issue. However, the wireless connection wasn't auto connecting reliably so I have decided to just live with Zlink non-HD mode. Only problem is I had to delete zlink to get head unit reloaded to work, and now I can't get it back nor do a factory reset as I don't know the pin code to do it. Could I please have help restoring zlink?
Old 04-10-23, 06:16 PM
samjackson
Driver School Candidate

Lexion support emailed me the factory reset pin which worked, but I still do not have Zlink
Old 04-12-23, 08:36 AM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi @samjackson,
Everything should be working fine now, right? We've sent you the files to restore Let us know!

Sales Department

sales@lexionautomotive.com
www.lexionautomotive.com
Facebook & Instagram: @lexionautomotive
LinkedIn: Lexion Group

Old 04-14-23, 06:20 AM
samjackson
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexion Automotive
Hi @samjackson,
Everything should be working fine now, right? We've sent you the files to restore Let us know!
yes, Lexion support sent me the Zlink APK, I put it on a USB and plugged it in and was able to install it and activate via WiFi and everything is working! Thank you again.
Old 01-03-24, 10:04 PM
LHLXD
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

do you mind sending the zlink program? I have the 3.8.11 but it wouldnt let me activate it on my Lexion for some reason. Their Zlink5 messed up my head unit even more. And what is the factory pin for factory reset. Is it the 88*****3 one?
I was not able to contact them and Ive been trying to reach them for 2 years. Asking them if there is a fix for the mic Echoing on other party calling me, If there are any OS updates to android 10, and etc. I am running off the old Lexion (the one with separate box and separate screen). Android 8.1 still and heard people from the RC forum were able to receive android 10.
Old 01-06-24, 10:51 PM
LHLXD
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anyone here have the "Restore Factory" Code for the Lexion Head units? I want to start afresh with mine since zlink failed to activate on mine for some reason. I think restoring to factory may do the job.