Engine shuts off when driving

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-23, 02:53 PM
DuvaunC
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Engine shuts off when driving

Hey guys,

I need some advice, I recently bought a 2014 Is250 and when I did the test drive my mechanic said that it may need a spark plug change based on how it felt. The previous owner stated that he hadn't changed plugs in a good while as well. but it wasn't that bad. I got the car and I could feel the delay when it was moving off, but once it picked up speed it was good to go. However, one night I was at a stop light, and when I stepped into the gas to move off. it stalled, and a message came up saying, "Engine has stopped, place the gear in park and start the engine" Once I did that it drove off, and that happened 3 times. Has this even happened to anyone else? and do you think that the weak/bad spark plugs are the culprit?
Old 08-27-23, 11:24 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by DuvaunC
Hey guys,

I need some advice, I recently bought a 2014 Is250 and when I did the test drive my mechanic said that it may need a spark plug change based on how it felt. The previous owner stated that he hadn't changed plugs in a good while as well. but it wasn't that bad. I got the car and I could feel the delay when it was moving off, but once it picked up speed it was good to go. However, one night I was at a stop light, and when I stepped into the gas to move off. it stalled, and a message came up saying, "Engine has stopped, place the gear in park and start the engine" Once I did that it drove off, and that happened 3 times. Has this even happened to anyone else? and do you think that the weak/bad spark plugs are the culprit?
How many miles are on your car?

250's lack port injection, so carbon buildup is inevitable. If your engine has higher milage, this could likely be the culprit. Pull your plugs and take a look. Boroscope the combustion chamber and take a look at the top of the pistons, the valves, the back of the valves/valve stems.
Old 08-27-23, 01:39 PM
DuvaunC
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
How many miles are on your car?

250's lack port injection, so carbon buildup is inevitable. If your engine has higher milage, this could likely be the culprit. Pull your plugs and take a look. Boroscope the combustion chamber and take a look at the top of the pistons, the valves, the back of the valves/valve stems.
it was a case of bad gas guys, it’s all good now.