IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Weird Start Up Issue and Parking Assist Unavailable - 2021 LEXUS IS350

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-23, 11:28 AM
FennyMike
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation Weird Start Up Issue and Parking Assist Unavailable - 2021 LEXUS IS350

About a week ago I went to start up my car and the car wouldn't start, it was making this weird stuttering noise and after 2-4 tries it finally started up but very slowly. Once the car started I noticed a weird code coming up with the notice being "Parking Assist Unavailable" the rear camera also wouldn't give me trajectories. The parking assist unavailable notice would disappear after doing a steering calibration (turning the wheel all the way to the left and all the way to the right) however the start-up issue continues to go on. It's been about a week and this continues to happen, after the weird issues and the car finally drives the parking issue keeps occurring until I recailibrate it and then I go do my daily 5-10 mile city drive to school and work etc. Anyone know what this issue could be? This started to occur after I painted my calipers and put smoked tints on the rear taillights, I don't know if that were to affect anything. Also forgot to mention but the first time this happened was by starting the car with remote start, now it happens everytime with the push to start. The car has 38,000 miles and the only mod is a catback system. I checked my battery levels and the battery is functioning and has no issue. Someone please help. Thankyou.
Old 08-27-23, 12:50 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by FennyMike
About a week ago I went to start up my car and the car wouldn't start, it was making this weird stuttering noise and after 2-4 tries it finally started up but very slowly. Once the car started I noticed a weird code coming up with the notice being "Parking Assist Unavailable" the rear camera also wouldn't give me trajectories. The parking assist unavailable notice would disappear after doing a steering calibration (turning the wheel all the way to the left and all the way to the right) however the start-up issue continues to go on. It's been about a week and this continues to happen, after the weird issues and the car finally drives the parking issue keeps occurring until I recailibrate it and then I go do my daily 5-10 mile city drive to school and work etc. Anyone know what this issue could be? This started to occur after I painted my calipers and put smoked tints on the rear taillights, I don't know if that were to affect anything. Also forgot to mention but the first time this happened was by starting the car with remote start, now it happens everytime with the push to start. The car has 38,000 miles and the only mod is a catback system. I checked my battery levels and the battery is functioning and has no issue. Someone please help. Thankyou.
Your battery is going out. Replace it.