What did you do to your IS today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-24, 08:04 PM
Bearcats98
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r

gave her a bath this past week! she was enjoying the socal sun at work ☀️
Looks great. Washing cars is so therapeutic!
Old 04-01-24, 08:10 PM
NYIS300awdFS
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

gave her a bath this past week! she was enjoying the socal sun at work ☀️
Car looks great, who makes the rear spoiler, can it be installed just taped or drilling required ?
Old 04-01-24, 08:28 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcats98
Looks great. Washing cars is so therapeutic!
right!! makes me fall in love again all over everytime

Originally Posted by NYIS300awdFS
Car looks great, who makes the rear spoiler, can it be installed just taped or drilling required ?
it’s seibon carbon, no drilling just 3m double sided tape!
The following 2 users liked this post by jmull3r:
Bearcats98 (04-02-24), NYIS300awdFS (04-01-24)
Old 04-05-24, 07:39 AM
Bearcats98
Driver

Taking her to a dent removal place (brick and mortar) so I am nervous. My usual guy retired over a year ago and his replacement does shoddy work. I tried another last fall (mobile guy) that had good reviews. It was a horrible experience but luckily I wasn't paying and my enthusiasm for the car had gone so the lacking results was not as disappointing as it would have been normally.

There is a spot on the drivers door looks like someone tried to sit or apply a lot of pressure on the bulge or whatever at the top of the door by the rear edge of the door. Its "right" at the seam so I am hoping it can be fixed. Drives me nuts!
Old 04-05-24, 01:47 PM
NYIS300awdFS
Pit Crew

right!! makes me fall in love again all over everytime

it’s seibon carbon, no drilling just 3m double sided tape!
Looked at that spoiler to see price, expensive piece.
Today I took the trailer hitch off, I had installed it a couple of weeks ago but it hangs too low, hits the ground on driveways and irritates me.
Also installed a set of Akebono front brake pads hoping to get rid of the brake squill.
Cleaned the wheels.

Last edited by NYIS300awdFS; 04-07-24 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-09-24, 10:25 AM
Bearcats98
Driver

Dent removal turned out fantastic. After talking to the guy...found out he was an apprentice of the guy that retired. Work was excellent!

Scheduled tint. 30% XR Plus Ceramic. Have it on my Rav4h and it makes a huge difference in climate control needs. Will it amortize cost. No. But I feel better about it!
The following users liked this post:
JCMikulak (04-11-24)
Old 04-09-24, 10:13 PM
Dancingrobot
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Added black out logos and put LEDs in the footwells

Old 04-11-24, 08:33 AM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 456 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Dancingrobot

What spoiler is that?
Old 04-11-24, 06:52 PM
Dancingrobot
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowlaneAZ
What spoiler is that?

It's the F sport carbon fiber spoiler.
Old 04-12-24, 09:22 AM
Bearcats98
Driver

Got my tint done. Very happy with the outcome.
Old 04-13-24, 01:06 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Dancingrobot

are these the upturn print ones?? i went to install mine today, didn’t realize the emblem was curved and ****ed it up and had to order another one. directions next time 🤣
Old 05-13-24, 05:26 AM
Bearcats98
Driver

Washed her up. Spent time on inner doors (used, and "nobody" cleans the inner door area). Ill have to take pictures as I think some plugs or seals are missing and there is black goo that I needed to work on. Not sure if it was aftermarket rust proofing or rotted natural stuff.

Changed the oil (5K). Used Penz Ultra Plat 0-20 with a Fram XG. Man, I need a new low profile jack. I was able to snuggle my current one in there but gave me the heebie jeebies as I got it in and thought "now am I going to struggle getting it out?". I used center "jacking" point described in the manual. I didn't have issues as the suspension relaxed enough after being lifted it came right out. Oil filter was easy. Made a big mess with oil pan as about 2/3 way through instead of going one way...the oil ended up going the other way due to whatever (surface tension, wind, pressure coming out) and put a bit on the floor. My mistake but didnt make me happy

Purchased a wiring harness another CL member referenced for the rearview mirror to finalize my dash cam install. Made it an absolute piece of cake and even turns off when ignition is off (which is how I want it). I pulled the upper center console light without realizing I didn't need too. You really only need to pop off the large black center bezel and you have access to everything you need. But by having the center console off I was able to pull more of the cord slack into that area to make a neater solution.
Old 05-13-24, 06:21 AM
NYIS300awdFS
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bearcats98
Washed her up. Spent time on inner doors (used, and "nobody" cleans the inner door area). Ill have to take pictures as I think some plugs or seals are missing and there is black goo that I needed to work on. Not sure if it was aftermarket rust proofing or rotted natural stuff.

Changed the oil (5K). Used Penz Ultra Plat 0-20 with a Fram XG. Man, I need a new low profile jack. I was able to snuggle my current one in there but gave me the heebie jeebies as I got it in and thought "now am I going to struggle getting it out?". I used center "jacking" point described in the manual. I didn't have issues as the suspension relaxed enough after being lifted it came right out. Oil filter was easy. Made a big mess with oil pan as about 2/3 way through instead of going one way...the oil ended up going the other way due to whatever (surface tension, wind, pressure coming out) and put a bit on the floor. My mistake but didnt make me happy

Purchased a wiring harness another CL member referenced for the rearview mirror to finalize my dash cam install. Made it an absolute piece of cake and even turns off when ignition is off (which is how I want it). I pulled the upper center console light without realizing I didn't need too. You really only need to pop off the large black center bezel and you have access to everything you need. But by having the center console off I was able to pull more of the cord slack into that area to make a neater solution.
Get a set of plastic ramps from Harbor Freight, they work great for doing oil changes.
Old 05-13-24, 05:07 PM
Bearcats98
Driver

Hoping this gives people an idea have invasive or not invasive a cam is. This took me like 30 minutes to install. My Fusion took WAY longer. No comments on my cluttered garage.

Old 05-14-24, 07:14 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

Cracked my carbon fiber lip, went with gloss black one piece this time.
The following 2 users liked this post by TonyN:
arentz07 (05-14-24), JCMikulak (05-14-24)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your IS today?