IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 - 2018 Lexus IS / RC Apple Carplay Hamilton Motor Company

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-24, 10:00 AM
Hummad
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2014 - 2018 Lexus IS / RC Apple Carplay Hamilton Motor Company

I recently purchased an aftermarket CarPlay kit from Hamilton Motor Company, and I must say, I am very impressed with the overall experience and product quality.

Here is the YouTube video I made.

Installation Process:
Expect to spend at least 2 to 3 hours on the installation, especially if it's your first time disassembling your car's center console. The kit came with a detailed manual, but I still found it a bit challenging initially. However, with a little patience and following the step-by-step instructions, the process became manageable. A few YouTube videos also helped clarify some steps that were a bit ambiguous in the manual. That is why I have created this video!

Product Quality:
The CarPlay kit itself feels sturdy and well-made. To be honest, it feels very OEM. A few of my close friends echoed the same sentiment. All the components were securely packed, and nothing appeared to be missing or damaged. The design of the interface is sleek and integrates well with my car's dashboard. It doesn't look out of place at all, which was one of my concerns with aftermarket products.

Specifications:
- The kit supports CarPlay via Bluetooth or USB. CarPlay is wireless via Bluetooth or can be connected via USB.
- Sound Quality: There will be no noticeable difference in sound quality.
-Integration: Your factory interface, steering wheel controls, and all features will continue to work seamlessly.
- Storage & Processor: It comes with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, using a Qualcomm processor. It is Wi-Fi compatible.
- Warranty/Support: The kit comes with a 3-year warranty. Warranty and support are available via phone or email.

Performance:
After installation, the CarPlay system worked flawlessly. The touch response is smooth. It lags very mildly, but it is nothing one would notice and nothing more than the OEM system. It seamlessly connects with my iPhone, and the sound quality is excellent. The navigation, music, and call functions all operate just as they would with a factory-installed CarPlay system.

Customer Service:
Hamilton Motor Company has great customer service. I had a few questions during the installation process, and their support team was quick to respond and very helpful. I was able to figure out concerns on my own, but the fact they responded within 1-2 hours at night was surprisingly great.

Overall Experience:
Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this purchase. This is a great investment for anyone looking to upgrade their vehicle's infotainment system. Honestly, it makes the car feel brand new. The installation might be a bit daunting for beginners, but the end result is definitely worth it. Hopefully, this video helps.

Would I recommend this product? Absolutely. It delivers on all fronts—quality, performance, and customer service.

Here is the link to the website:://www.hamiltonmotorcompany.com/collections/apple-carplay-conversion-kits

The following 2 users liked this post by Hummad:
Jazzrock (07-12-24), TEarlGrey (08-03-24)
Old 07-12-24, 11:13 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,923 Likes on 1,980 Posts

This is not a build thread, so I'll move it to the main forums. Thanks!