Review: Frank Carmen Kreations - Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps for '21+ IS

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-24, 10:09 AM
Undefeatable
Rookie

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Review: Frank Carmen Kreations - Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps for '21+ IS

Hey all,

If this type of post isn't allowed, let me know and I will remove it or modify it to fit the rules.
I have no connection with Frank Carmen Kreations. I found out about him and his mud flaps about a week and a half ago via some Lexus IS Facebook group and decided to place an order after seeing a few pictures and seeing some positive comments about them.

Ordering/Communications/Cost:
  • Frank doesn't have a website, so I communicated to him via Facebook messenger. He does also have a Instagram (@fc.kreations).
  • Cost is $159 shipped anywhere in North America, which includes: the 4 mud flaps, all the hardware you need to install and the optional PPF strips for the rear mud flap installation (more on that later).
  • He takes Paypal and Venmo.
  • He is very responsive when it came to communications, super easy to work with.
  • There are 3 different size for the rear (Standard, Slim, Super Slim) and 2 different sizes for the front (Standard and Slim).
    • I opted for Standard for the fronts and Slim for the rears, as per his recommendations.
Installation:
  • Here is the installation video he made to help guide you. Super helpful and will show you a little more on what hardware is included and all that.
  • Installation is super easy, requires a single allen wrench and a flat head screwdriver (to pop out some of the plastic pop-rivets). Took me about 15 min total, but if I had to do it again, would probably be a 5 min job for all 4.
  • For the fronts: you just use the existing plastic clips.
  • For the rears: he supplies the hardware for the rears since you will not use the original plastic clips.
    • He also gives you the option of PPF strips for free. This is because for the rears, since the fender liners are sunken in from the actual painted fender, there are a few areas where the mud flaps will contact the painted surfaces. With the PPF strips in stalled, there is no direct contact between the mud flaps and your paint.
Quality:
  • These are made from real 2x2 Twill Carbon Fiber. The material is thin enough to flex and bend to the shape of the fender, but stiff enough to block and rocks or road debris that might hit them.
  • The cut outs were great, if I had to guess, he's using some sort of CNC or something to cut these out since the left and rights matched spot on.
Fitment:
  • I tried to include a few pictures at different angles. If you want anymore, let me know and I can snap some.
Pictures:

Front and rear mud flaps

Rear mud flap

Front mud flap

Rear Passenger mud flap

Front Passenger Side Mud Flap

Front Passenger Side Mud Flap

Rear Passenger Mud Flap

Rear Passenger Mud Flap

Hope this was somewhat helpful. I know there have been a few folks on the search for mud flaps for their IS's. Again, I have no connection to Frank, just found his when I was on the hunt for some and like these enough to recommend.

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer.
The following 3 users liked this post by Undefeatable:
arentz07 (07-20-24), ILikeBlue (07-20-24), kj07xk (07-20-24)
Old 07-20-24, 04:41 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 484 Likes on 242 Posts

@ILikeBlue I think this is you, you have quite the fan club sir.
The following users liked this post:
ILikeBlue (08-18-24)
Old 08-18-24, 07:12 PM
ILikeBlue
Pit Crew

Received 227 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm glad everyone loves them!

Originally Posted by SlowlaneAZ
@ILikeBlue I think this is you, you have quite the fan club sir.