2. Anti-Air Missles
3. Jumper Skids from the Mach 5
4. Cable/DirecTv
5. Stealth Mode or Invisibility
6. Underwater Submarine Mode
7. Turbo? more like Hyperdrive...
8. Lights, Sirens and Icecream truck Jingle
9. CB Radio
10. Alessandra Ambrosio in passenger seat.
11. extra cupholder for Alessandra Ambrosio
Now that's a real wishlist
Old 09-11-12, 06:04 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,243 Likes on 866 Posts

Hmm... I like the current styling a lot.

Lexus has a lot of work ahead of them to get me to actually go to a showroom and be seriously interested in an IS:

1.) Similar styling to the current or IS300 minus the 1st gen clear tail lights
2.) lighter and more compact dimensions like the 1st gen IS300 or like the 2005-2007 Subaru Legacy (sorry but this is an entry level compact, not a GS series)
3.) Less overabundance of luxury, more Lexus QUALITY and a more driver-focused front interior, like the 1st gen
4.) Continued use of a rear-wheel-drive platform
5.) Sportier suspension standard or optional (someone mentioned the standard F-Sport suspension including sway bars)
6.) Torsen T2 limited slip differential option for automatics. Standard on manual transmission models.
7.) Manual transmission option for the IS350 or whatever replaces the better performing version below the F.
8.) Make the IS350 brakes STANDARD even on the IS250, or at least standard on the 250 6-speed manual. Those 250 brakes are horrendously small and incapable for the size and weight of the car. Honestly, what is nearly $40k paying for when the brakes are on the level of a lesser non-luxury car?
9.) A hard top trim level that is just a roof. NO sunroof. NO folding top. Just a roof. Especially with these performance options.

And finally...

10.) a 2.0L-2.5-2.8L turbocharged direct injected V6 engine option putting out 280-340 horsepower. Designed to rev. Not an "-FE" engine design. Manual transmission available. Torsen LSD standard. This should be the new "350 replacement" trim level and capable of a similar 4.8-5.0 second 0-60 at least.

This would make me actually believe Lexus is serious about targeting the BMW 3-Series. The problem I have with the current IS is that it's definitely a luxury car but the 2.5L engine is a total slug even with a 6-speed manual.

That's it! Really, I think all of the above are not a lot to ask of Lexus considering they'e done similar option lists for their upscale Toyota cars in Japan for years.

I'd still expect Lexus quality but unless I'm buying an RX, ES, or LS I really do expect this company to sell some performance hardware below the automatic only IS-F, which also needs a manual transmission option (because who is racing such a car on the Nurburgring where you need the fastest shifting transmission for lap times?)

Last edited by KahnBB6; 09-11-12 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-11-12, 07:26 PM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
Good day guys and gals, forgive me if this thread already exists (mods please close it if that's the case). Most of us are pretty satisfied after having our IS's from either 2006 or for some of you this past year. However, over the years of driving my IS, which I am now at 164k miles, I must say that there are some things that I wish the next generation IS would have or at least be improved from the current model. Maybe some corporate folks will take the consumer thoughts into consideration before the final plans are done (Yeah RIght, right ). With that being said, THIS IS NOT A RANT POST, but rather a collage of ideas about the next generation IS that would definitely get me to get another one in a year or so, or whenever they release the new one.

Oh, BTW please keep it on topic and realistic, no turbo, supercharger, air ratio talk...I know some of you are optimistic but "I" doubt Lexus goes that route even if we all want more power.

My Wish List...
1. Shocks that last past 50k
2. A mean front fascia, "IMO" BMW's front fascia's are aggressive, whereas ours without an aftermarket lip looks like the cars on the old Chevron commercials, just happy and fast.
3. Better windshield, or maybe its my driving.
4. Seat coolers that actually cool your seat.
5. Instrument Cluster with no LED needles.
6. Better projectors on the headlights.
7. New dash material, that lasts and lasts.
8. Bigger rear brakes.
9. An engine that growls, not necessarily a V8, but just tuning the engine and incorporating the intake and exhaust to give the new IS an incredible remarkable sound.

Uh, I think that's it, everyone has different taste so my list may not be your cup of tea, but sound off below and let us know what you want....
Indeed we all would love to see improvements to the 2IS and hopefully the 3IS will be enough change to convince me to buy one. I've had my IS250 since April of 2006 and has paid it off since.

1. Spring and shocks are both stock and am currently at 98K miles, still feels like it was a month old.
2. Agreed. Maybe the 3IS will use the 4GS front design hence lexus said this was their going forward design. But hopefully they just dont slap the 4GS front on it and call it a day. Maybe even go wider.
3. My windshield actually survived a few quarter size rocks and even a part of a blown tire on the freeway. Only recently did it succumb to a rock the size of a nickel @ 75MPH.
4. I live in Fresno,CA and let me tell you, these seat coolers are misleading, however I can definitely feel the cold air cycling through but it does not work as sufficiently as the seat warmer.
5. Agreed. My LED Needles died at 60K and the stealership wanted an arm and a leg to replace it because they had the redo the whole cluster. Not sure if this is true or not but I could live with a dead needle.
6. HIDs should be standard as all BMWs. Maybe headlamps that adjust as you turn corners like on the Mercedes Benz.
7. Nothing wrong with my dash. I know others had the melting issue but I'm not sure what that's all about.
8. Bigger brakes and rotors period!
9. Throatier engine would be awesome. Something along the line of a G35 would be awesome stock.
Old 09-11-12, 07:38 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Show odometer AND trip meter at the same time!!!!
Old 09-11-12, 08:15 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@2slixx..#6 i have afs (turning headlamps) however you cant really tell that their turning, hence the most motion they make is when you first start your car....You get to see them move up and down and then they never move again..(I KNOW THEY MOVE, BUT ITS VERY SUBTLE or I drive too fast around corners to notice JK)....

@Evitzee...NOOOOOO please dont do that, since I have 172k on my IS350 i like looking at the Trip meter instead of my odometer so I can drive in peace..LOL
Old 09-11-12, 08:26 PM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

I'd honestly like to see a TRUE coupe though, no ISC. Convertibles are for the ladies IMO.
Old 09-11-12, 10:24 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,243 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slixx
I'd honestly like to see a TRUE coupe though, no ISC. Convertibles are for the ladies IMO.
^^ Minus the ladies part, this. Lexus hasn't had a true coupe since the last SC300/400 model over twelve years ago. The IS-C absolutely doesn't count, nor did the SC430. And if the LF-LC is really going to be an $80k-$100k vehicle.... that really doesn't count in the correct price range.
Old 09-11-12, 11:46 PM
bigdenis
Driver School Candidate

SUNGLASS HOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus a birds-eye-view camera.
Old 09-11-12, 11:54 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

1) Show outside temp all the time.
2) Show trip meter and odometer at same time.
3) Show instant and average fuel economy at the same time (good for seeing how your driving immediately affects the end result).
4) Folding rear seats.
5) RDS that actual streams the name of song and artist (my A4 had this, was great).
6) A slight and subtle rumble from the exhaust at idle.
7) Carbernet leather option not limited to higher end models.
8) Transmission that does not default to "4" when put in manual mode while on freeway.
9) Faster gear shifting when in manual mode.
10) Sturdier rearview mirror that doesn't vibrate with sunroof open on.
11) Rear door handle entry sensors.
12) A medium blue or Ultrasonic Blue available on all models.
13) Front and rear tires that are the same size. Not being able to rotate tires accelerates wear. Other manufacturers have figured out a way to keep the same size and still have sporty handling.
14) Standard LED daytime running lights (easy way to woo in a lot of buyers).
15) Lighter wood trim color with black leather (more contrast).

Haven't had any problems with dash materials and the Lexus-trademark LED saber needles get a lot of compliments.
Old 09-12-12, 12:08 AM
evogt500
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People who say more room in the back, why not get a GS? Its not like they hid the fact that it has small rear seats. Same goes for the non-folding rear seats. You knew it when you bought it. Making the car with folding rear seats or larger rear seats will compromise something, and it wouldnt be the 2IS we all know and love.

I do have a wish list though. Its more sturdier paint finish. and maybe a hand brake instead of the buick like foot actuated parking brake.
Old 09-12-12, 12:33 AM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdenis
SUNGLASS HOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus a birds-eye-view camera.
We already have the sunglasses holder above the dome area lol?
Old 09-12-12, 02:15 AM
steeeven
Rookie

Fixing all the rattles! Mainly the dash rattle
Old 09-12-12, 02:45 AM
bigdenis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by InspireME
We already have the sunglasses holder above the dome area lol?
My 2010 IS250 doesn't.
Old 09-12-12, 06:18 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the IS350's sound pretty agressive when you get down on it, people tell me it almost sounds like a V8 but when I rev it just whines lol
Better Headlight design and projectors with a nice cutoff line
Brakes aren't even that great, I warped my rotors twice running a couple cars at 120mph, my twin turbo g35 had stock brakes and they didn't even warp at high speeds
dash material is fine if you actually take care of it
need a supercharger/turbo option, BMW 335i is 300HP n 300TQ with one chip it adds 60+hp
and for gods sake RELOCATE THE AUX PORT, its in the dumbest location
and YES the damn rattle needs to be revised, some of the things that are designed for this car look like they were half ***'d lol

Last edited by ms2619; 09-13-12 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-12-12, 01:09 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 536 Likes on 318 Posts

For me, I have only a few performance improvements that I wish my IS350 had which would have me keep this car for another decade as a DD:

1) A Torsen LSD
2) A more responsive paddle shifter
3) A Sport Mode VDIM setting ala the IS-F
4) A crackable ECU for better aftermarket performance options.

Other than that, I personally feel that the IS350 is still phenomenal, even six years after I purchased mine new. The exterior look is still a head-turner, the 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance is still competitive to other cars in its class, and while the stock handling had been a bit of a letdown to me (coming from a Supra), the full F-Sport suspension upgrade made me fall in love with this car all over again.

Quick Reply: Next Generation IS Wishlist....