IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Next Generation IS Wishlist....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-12, 06:35 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
I guess I'm not sure what your problem is with its location then? Center console lets you leave a device hooked up without it being visually obvious you're leaving a valuable electronic device in the car.... where would you want it relocated to?
maybe he wants it in the same location as the non expensive cars...right under the disk changer, although its easier to connect your devices, it looks tacky...keep ALL ports hidden
Old 09-16-12, 07:44 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or MAYBE just maybe I want it in an inconspicuous spot on the side of the center stack, where the cable would not be in the way,
Old 09-23-12, 09:20 PM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Or MAYBE just maybe I want it in an inconspicuous spot on the side of the center stack, where the cable would not be in the way,
I want mine wirelessly charged and connected to the car
Old 09-24-12, 02:00 AM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Hid fogs with the option of just having the fog lights on...
Old 09-24-12, 06:13 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

the aux just needs to moved lower or something, the location its in puts mad stress on the wire so the damn thing shorts after couple months because the head is pinched to one side.
Old 09-24-12, 06:28 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ms2619
the aux just needs to moved lower or something, the location its in puts mad stress on the wire so the damn thing shorts after couple months because the head is pinched to one side.
Of you can buy a 90 degree 3.5 adapter for $2

My Belkin car kit is nearly 5 years old now, using an aux cable with a 90 degree radio shack adapter on it, still works perfectly.
Old 09-24-12, 09:32 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
Oh, BTW please keep it on topic and realistic, no turbo, supercharger, air ratio talk...I know some of you are optimistic but "I" doubt Lexus goes that route even if we all want more power.
I don't really see what's so unrealistic about the idea of them putting in a bit more power. I think it'll at least happen as a refresh within a couple years of releasing the next gen IS, even if it doesn't happen right at launch.
Old 09-24-12, 05:51 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I don't really see what's so unrealistic about the idea of them putting in a bit more power. I think it'll at least happen as a refresh within a couple years of releasing the next gen IS, even if it doesn't happen right at launch.
Has Lexus ever went the forced induction route? I'm no car expert but I cant think of one Lexus that has had a turbo or supercharger from the factory...with the new M3 arriving that may change but I doubt if itll be added to the base IS...but it is a WISHLIST so if you want it, post it!
Old 09-24-12, 07:48 PM
cbishop11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with most people here.

Redesign center console for more/better placement of cup holders.
Better placement of Aux ports
6MT available in 350 trim and higher
Supercharger option.
Old 09-24-12, 08:49 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mute button on the steering wheel ( yes i know about holding MODE for 3 looong seconds-too long)
Old 09-25-12, 06:02 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
A bit more power isn't unrealistic (though the new GS reusing the same engine doesn't point that way)

Forced induction on the other hand is more questionable....though it's something I'd love to be wrong about, not only has Lexus not used it in USDM vehicles ever, Toyota in general has put a lot of effort into making cars (since the supra especially) as un-moddable as possible performance wise... and factory forced induction is sorta the opposite of that.

I dunno, CAFE might force them that direction I guess, since they can mostly keep it out of boost for the EPA testing... but I don't think it's a direction they'd choose on their own if they had any choice about it.
Old 10-02-12, 10:17 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
Has Lexus ever went the forced induction route? I'm no car expert but I cant think of one Lexus that has had a turbo or supercharger from the factory...with the new M3 arriving that may change but I doubt if itll be added to the base IS...but it is a WISHLIST so if you want it, post it!
It doesn't necessarily have to be forced induction (although that seems like it would be the best and most practical route going forward). Just more power in any form.

Originally Posted by Kurtz
A bit more power isn't unrealistic (though the new GS reusing the same engine doesn't point that way)

Forced induction on the other hand is more questionable....though it's something I'd love to be wrong about, not only has Lexus not used it in USDM vehicles ever, Toyota in general has put a lot of effort into making cars (since the supra especially) as un-moddable as possible performance wise... and factory forced induction is sorta the opposite of that.

I dunno, CAFE might force them that direction I guess, since they can mostly keep it out of boost for the EPA testing... but I don't think it's a direction they'd choose on their own if they had any choice about it.
I suppose it would be a first, yeah, but like you said, that may be their best/only option before long. A few years ago, I bet no one ever thought BMW would put a 4-banger in a North American 3-series.
Old 12-21-12, 03:22 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

power folding side mirrors would be neat
Old 12-23-12, 11:04 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Did any of the items on our wish list come true?
Old 12-24-12, 03:19 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

More powerful engine... to justify price tag lol

Quick Reply: Next Generation IS Wishlist....