IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-12, 05:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
how can I come with official reason? It was marketing decision, like everything else.

Its very cheap mod you can do yourself if you wanted, and your car will also then be different from others... personally, as long as car has LED DRLs, fogs are completely useless and I like, IMHO , look without them a lot better.

As Mike said above, it is $90 part... now relating that to the LSD, is ridicilous. Especially on GS, which is really well equiped car stock, compared to its German competition.

Lexus has put so much value into the car, to be put down as cheaping out due to fogs, where competition has none, and where GS has leather dash standard... to me thats really, really silly.

But of course, I respect your opinion even if I think that it is ridicilous.
$90 is not a correct figure, read my post

and please check pm
Old 09-26-12, 06:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
this is IS forum? i thought it's car chat

you can blame spwolf for all that. i was simply using one harmless example to illustrate the importance of cost to lexus, even when it's small. can make it fog lights or auto trunk or auto folding mirrors. i didn't even try to rant or be obsessed about it. i can care less since i don't have it. but some people have to get so sensitive every time the word "foglight" pops up.

my focus was importance of COST. if you or anyone thinks this is about ranting and negative about foglights, that proves exactly my point of missing the point

and since you had to bring up the cost and show a picture, i will put in a correction. vossen got a regular 3gs which has the foglights already, so getting the mesh was pretty much all you need. for original fsport, it would be the cost of the mesh (assume it's almost wash with the covered version), then the price of foglights themselves, harness, and the cost of the stalk with foglight switch (probably marginally more). i would say it's going to be more than 90 bucks. but even say it's 200 bucks, that still shows the key of cost (car priced at around 50k)

fwiw the same can be applied to auto folding mirrors or auto trunk, it's just a few switches and motors, and the design is already there -- if avoiding the word "foglight" makes people feel better
No the GS forum. Here. Just in the ATS thread a ridiculous comment about GS F-sport's lack of fogs. Over and over. The same people. What gives? Let it go.

It could very well be focus groups here preferred the non-fog look. The GS debuted what 8-10 class firsts, I think 3-4 world firsts, its best driving in class and we continue to be stuck on fog lamps?

I love fog lamps. F-sport doesn't have it. Big deal. LS F-sport has it and it got real quiet

The next IS gets a coupe, 8 speed ,LFA gauges, yadda yadda.

We are stuck on fog lights.

I don't understand.

Old 09-26-12, 09:05 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen, can we resume discussing the new IS instead of why the GS has foglights or not.
Old 09-26-12, 09:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Gentlemen, can we resume discussing the new IS instead of why the GS has foglights or not.
i sure am, that's why i took it to pm. but evidently some can't.

1sick, you and spwolf are the ones who are stuck and get so sensitive on foglights, others have moved on. and you are absolutely free to sing and dance about any of the features we are all ears
Old 09-27-12, 01:34 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

The LF-CC Concept actually doesn't preview the new IS, but a coupe model that will either bridge the gap between the IS and GS or simply be a GS coupe. Rear styling and the character line extending from taillights to the doors are representative of the 2014 IS sedan. Read more from below:

Lexus LF-CC Concept previews the upcoming GS Coupe
As you may know already Lexus will introduce the all-new LF-CC Concept later this week at the 2012 Paris Motor Show and all the media said that the car previews the new IS. Well, it appears that things are not quite like this, as the car turns out to be a coupe version of the GS sedan. Still... Read more at 4Wheels News
Old 09-27-12, 03:21 AM
LexFather

1sick, you and spwolf are the ones who are stuck and get so sensitive on foglights, others have moved on. and you are absolutely free to sing and dance about any of the features we are all ears
Riiiiiggghhhhht

Originally Posted by cmk1
The LF-CC Concept actually doesn't preview the new IS, but a coupe model that will either bridge the gap between the IS and GS or simply be a GS coupe. Rear styling and the character line extending from taillights to the doors are representative of the 2014 IS sedan. Read more from below:

Lexus LF-CC Concept previews the upcoming GS Coupe
Which is what I said from day one. It was hilarious to watch here and every blog/forum claim its the IS coupe.

Lol

Old 09-27-12, 03:38 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Riiiiiggghhhhht

Which is what I said from day one. It was hilarious to watch here and every blog/forum claim its the IS coupe.

Lol
Aye, we need to be listening to you more instead of confusing ourselves so often. It doesn't help how Lexus leaves everyone to guess themselves. I was actually puzzled when I looked the front and saw headlights that weren't triangular. Not only that, the LF-CC isn't really compact. I think the rear design and trailing character line threw everyone off.
Old 09-27-12, 04:13 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's supposed to be a D segment car, which is the segment IS is in. I don't think it's a GS coupe,
Old 09-27-12, 04:18 AM
LexFather

^^^ for the 2000th time this car is a preview of style for Lexus coupes. It's a design study. What we see here will influence IS and GS (or sc whatever they call it) coupes

Old 09-27-12, 04:30 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
^^^ for the 2000th time this car is a preview of style for Lexus coupes. It's a design study. What we see here will influence IS and GS (or sc whatever they call it) coupes
OKAYGUY.jpg

If you're correct, I hope they get rid of the boring hood line on the GS sedan, and use the concept hood line for the coupe variant.
Old 09-27-12, 07:44 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

I can see you have moved on...
Old 09-27-12, 08:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

ok guys, the fog lights subject has been to death, and this thread was originally about the next IS being debuted at the next Detroit auto show.

i doubt there's much more to say about that, but please, on topic.
Old 09-27-12, 08:46 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The press release states that "LF-CC a mid-size coupe concept previewing future Lexus vehicles in the D-premium segment." So I guess the LF-CC is a preview of a GS coupe / SC successor and not an IS coupe as originally thought?
Old 09-27-12, 10:27 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
The press release states that "LF-CC a mid-size coupe concept previewing future Lexus vehicles in the D-premium segment." So I guess the LF-CC is a preview of a GS coupe / SC successor and not an IS coupe as originally thought?
D segment in Europe is the IS.
E segment is the GS.

It might not be neither the IS nor the GS, just a new model under the D segment which doesn't need to be named "IS Coupe"
Old 09-27-12, 02:35 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by asoksevil
D segment in Europe is the IS.
E segment is the GS.

It might not be neither the IS nor the GS, just a new model under the D segment which doesn't need to be named "IS Coupe"
Yeah someone else just told me that lol.

Could be, but I think its most likely going to end up being the IS coupe. I think the Lexus head designer in charge of the LF-CC did a interview with Motortrend already confirmed this. Also the when comparing the side of the LF-CC to the new IS test mule they both look very similar. But in the end only time will time.

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 09-27-12 at 04:54 PM.

Quick Reply: The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit