IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-12, 11:22 AM
LexFather

Thanks guys for clarifying for me.

Old 04-20-12, 12:01 PM
nvslm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does not seem to have the new look currently on the GS and new RX model ...
Old 04-20-12, 12:07 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Toyota has their own test track at Onnebetsu, Shibetsu City, Japan
In Hokkaido? Wow.

For those who don't know, the weather in Hokkaido is quite intense (an ice and snow feeling that only a few places on Earth can provide). If Sweden, Finland and other scandinavian countries are cold and if Alaska is cold, then in Japan, the cold is in Hokkaido

Anyways, Lexus has a challenge on this one. The 2IS set a really high bar for a compact premium Lexus so it will be a challenge to exceed something like that. Hopefully, Lexus can deliver
Old 04-20-12, 02:43 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Lexus has the IS Coupe, but it's a retractable hard top, which can still be considered a coupe.
1SICK is referring to a fixed roof coupe IS.
Thanks for the explanation!
Old 05-04-12, 08:35 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

It's quite disappointing that not many people have bothered to study these NAIAS images, as that is all we are likely going to get for the next few more months. Even though the image quality isn't so superb, these still give a genuine and official preview of the actual vehicle. I hope some folks are not thinking that those ones are fake, as they are 100% real and are better than going off of just test mule images and old renderings. I don't even think prototypes will be out testing until June/July.
Attached Thumbnails The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit-2014-lexus-is-xe30-1.png   The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit-2014-lexus-is-xe30-front-spindle-grille.jpg   The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit-2014-lexus-is-xe30-front-spindle-grille-2.png  

Last edited by Carmaker1; 05-05-12 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-04-12, 08:48 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It would be funny if Google took a satellite photo an inadvertently gotten a picture of 3IS and put it up on Google Earth lol!!
Old 05-04-12, 09:35 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sango
It would be funny if Google took a satellite photo an inadvertently gotten a picture of 3IS and put it up on Google Earth lol!!
I wish, let's hope so. The only thing is that there is a significant delay between when Google takes them and when they are uploaded. Also, usually the TMC's testing is done privately in Japan and rarely outside of there, unless close to launch. If it comes with a better manual and decent power, I might consider one.

Last edited by Carmaker1; 05-05-12 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-04-12, 10:04 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cmk1
I wish, let's hope so. The only thing is that there is a significant delay between when Google takes them and when they are uploaded. Also, usually the TMC's testing is done privately in Japan and rarely outside of there, unless close to launch. If it comes with a better manual and decent power, I might consider one.
320hp in 3.5L should be good if they offer manual for 3.5L. While they are at it, make mechanical LSD standard or at least standard equipped in F sport model.
Old 05-05-12, 05:20 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Originally Posted by cino
320hp in 3.5L should be good if they offer manual for 3.5L. While they are at it, make mechanical LSD standard or at least standard equipped in F sport model.
That's precisely the engine I'm looking for. I'm just hoping they don't have another engine in development(like they did with the 3.5L in 2007 to the GS after keeping the GS300 for two more years) and release the likes of a 2016 IS360 in 2015 using a 3.6L. I currently have a G35S 6MT and I'm extremely pissed at Infiniti for holding off until 2014 to replace the current gen. Has anyone ever contemplated Lexus secretly developing a 3.6 liter V6 engine to replace the current 3.5L 350?
Old 05-07-12, 04:06 AM
Dunraven77
Driver School Candidate

The current IS sedan is going to be built until March 2013. This would make the earliest launch date June 13.
Old 05-07-12, 08:38 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cino
It needs to beat the 335is's 320 HP. And this time around, when it's faster 0-60 than the 3 series, Lexus needs to flaunt that fact.
Old 05-07-12, 12:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,350 Likes on 1,540 Posts

Originally Posted by cmk1
It's quite disappointing that not many people have bothered to study these NAIAS images, as that is all we are likely going to get for the next few more months. Even though the image quality isn't so superb, these still give a genuine and official preview of the actual vehicle. I hope some folks are not thinking that those ones are fake, as they are 100% real and are better than going off of just test mule images and old renderings. I don't even think prototypes will be out testing until June/July.
Lol - those distorted images don't really show anything and were discussed at length.
Old 05-08-12, 04:00 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Lol - those distorted images don't really show anything and were discussed at length.
They show just a glimpse of what Lexus is planning. I'm really excited to see some teasers or even more images than just that bad spotted images. We did even see the LS' grille in high quality so I'm a little bit confused about all this "top secret" new IS development. This is more likely an X File case than a model update
Old 08-06-12, 05:17 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Default The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit

The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit.

Toyota’s luxury brand Lexus is currently working on the third generation of the luxury sedan but even if the model is being developed as we speak, details on it remain a mystery. In a recent interview with GoAuto, Peter Evans, the Lexus Australia marketing manager hinted that the new generation of the Lexus IS might make its official debut early next year, possibly at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The 2014 Lexus IS will use the same body as the second generation of the model, but that’s about all the info we’ve got on the model for the moment.
As a quick reminder, the current generation of the Lexus IS has been in production ever since 2005 and the model is being assembled in Japan, coming as a two-door convertible or a four-door sedan. The Lexus IS is currently being offered with a choice of 5 engines and three transmissions. The Lexus IS is made on a shortened version of the rear-wheel drive midsize platform introduced for the third Lexus GS, which is also used on the Toyota Crown and Toyota Mark X locally.

Link: http://www.inautonews.com/2014-lexus...r#.UCBeJU1lTkc
Old 08-06-12, 05:19 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

I don't get what they mean by the same body. Is it going to have another facelift with spindle grill? Hopefully, 3IS will have radical changes in styling and drivetrain.

Quick Reply: The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit