IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-13, 06:26 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EthanV
What does the Infiniti Q have to do with the IS?
Old 01-08-13, 06:33 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks like the first official pics of the IS will debut tomorrow at 12pm EST.

The first pictures of the all-new Lexus IS saloon will be revealed tomorrow, ahead of the car’s full debut at the 2013 Detroit Motor Show.....

That’s it for now – the Lexus IS will finally be unveiled tomorrow at 5pm UK time, so be sure to check back to see a full report then!
http://blog.lexus.co.uk/2013/01/the-...s-almost-here/
Old 01-08-13, 06:58 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by dmvp29
What does the Infiniti Q have to do with the IS?
It said will be out performance 3 series and I said IS need to beat it...Use your head
Old 01-08-13, 07:38 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Taiwan tabloid Apple Daily has published a previously-unseen cutaway image of the next-generation Lexus IS:

Most visible in the image is the front & rear suspension, however it’s possible to see some details of the IS front-end design — let’s zoom in a bit:

There are three elements that jump out at me:
•The front grille looks near-identical to the LF-CC design.
•It doesn’t appear the IS has a bumper dividing the upper & lower grille — or at least not in the same position as the camouflaged mules seen late last year.
•The headlight and bumper design looks VERY muscular.

There’s even better news — this should be our final sneak peek at the next-generation IS sedan, as the Lexus UK blog has announced that photos will be released tomorrow afternoon.

Read more at http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/01/0...zKqCrckFcZ2.99

Last edited by EthanV; 01-08-13 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-08-13, 07:44 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Lexus USA has announced that the next-generation Lexus IS will be the first-ever automobile to offer subscription-free real-time traffic and weather information:

For vehicles with available Navigation, Lexus will provide a digital audio and navigation system driven by the first of its kind hybrid technology capable of receiving digital traffic and weather information from both HD Radio stations and the cell phone network, using the driver’s smartphone connected with the Lexus Enform system.

For vehicles without navigation, Lexus will offer a standard premium Display Audio system complete with subscription-free traffic maps and weather information, all delivered by HD Radio stations across the country.

The technology is made possible through a partnership with iBiquity Digital Corporation, the developer of HD Radio technology, and will be standard on all Lexus IS models.

The all-new third-generation IS will debut next week at the Detroit Auto Show, and will be the first Lexus vehicle to feature this technology when it arrives in dealerships in the summer.

Last edited by EthanV; 01-08-13 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-08-13, 08:10 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Well, new Crown doesn't have dividing bar in the front either.
Old 01-08-13, 08:16 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Taiwan tabloid Apple Daily has published a previously-unseen cutaway image of the next-generation Lexus IS:

Most visible in the image is the front & rear suspension, however it’s possible to see some details of the IS front-end design — let’s zoom in a bit:

There are three elements that jump out at me:
•The front grille looks near-identical to the LF-CC design.
•It doesn’t appear the IS has a bumper dividing the upper & lower grille — or at least not in the same position as the camouflaged mules seen late last year.
•The headlight and bumper design looks VERY muscular.

There’s even better news — this should be our final sneak peek at the next-generation IS sedan, as the Lexus UK blog has announced that photos will be released tomorrow afternoon.

Read more at http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/01/0...zKqCrckFcZ2.99
No dividing bar on the gril, and note how the checkmark DRL is separate from the headlight cluster and stretches nearly to the wheel wells.
Old 01-08-13, 09:31 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
No dividing bar on the gril, and note how the checkmark DRL is separate from the headlight cluster and stretches nearly to the wheel wells.
Optical illusion, the DRLs won't be that close to the wheel wells.
Old 01-08-13, 09:51 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Optical illusion, the DRLs won't be that close to the wheel wells.
Are you sure? This is what I'm seeing:

The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit-fve9n.jpg

It would be similar to the concept, so it's not far fetched.
Old 01-08-13, 10:52 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

It said will be out performance 3 series and I said IS need to beat it...Use your head
It's not in the same class as the 3 series or the IS.

The Infiniti G series is in the same class as the 3 series/IS

Use your head.
Old 01-08-13, 11:33 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

It's a tough task for engineers at Lexus. There isn't much to do when they want Lexus quality without sacrificing the handling. If they pull that off, kudos to them.

Originally Posted by dmvp29
It's not in the same class as the 3 series or the IS.

The Infiniti G series is in the same class as the 3 series/IS

Use your head.
I don't really understand what you really want to say. First you said they were not in the same class, but then you said they were. I'm not sure if you know that Infiniti has changed the name of their beloved G to Q50/60 yet.

Last edited by cino; 01-08-13 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-09-13, 01:14 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cino
It's a tough task for engineers at Lexus. There isn't much to do when they want Lexus quality without sacrificing the handling. If they pull that off, kudos to them.

I don't really understand what you really want to say. First you said they were not in the same class, but then you said they were. I'm not sure if you know that Infiniti has changed the name of their beloved G to Q50/60 yet.
Oh my bad I didn't know that. I was thinking of the old nomenclature with the Infiniti Q45 (which was a full sized luxury sedan akin to the Lexus LS/Mercedes S class).
Old 01-09-13, 09:59 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Official Lexus USA Press Release link, below in blue...

Lexus Releases First Official Photos of the Next Generation IS
  • All-new exterior featuring Lexus spindle grille design and Lexus-first independent L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

• New interior design with LFA-inspired, driver-focused cockpit

• F SPORT exclusive interior/exterior features

TORRANCE, Calif. (Jan. 9, 2013) -

The all-new Lexus IS compact sport sedan will make its world debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Jan. 15, 2013. A press conference will be held in the Cobo Center at 9:30 a.m. EST, and live webcast streaming of the event will be available at www.lexus.com and on the Lexus Facebook page.

The all-new IS model range will include IS 250, IS 350, and the first IS to feature Lexus Hybrid Drive, the IS 300h, which will be available in Europe, Japan and other international markets. F SPORT models will be available across the full range. Today, Lexus released photos of the all-new IS 250/350 F SPORT in advance of next week’s World Premiere.

• Exterior Design
The all-new IS features the new Lexus spindle grille frontal design, awarding the compact sedan a combination of aggressive elegance, a more powerful road presence and a stronger brand identity.

The tight, sporting proportions of the body are formed by powerful character lines generated by the shape of the spindle grille, which passes through the base of the A-pillars then tightens up as it flows toward the rear. They clearly delineate the body from the cabin, emphasizing the wide flare of the wheel arches to give the new IS a broad, powerful stance.

In profile, the strong horizontal beltline shows off the large rear tires and its low center of gravity. The mass of the cabin itself is concentrated rearwards, visually applying weight to the rear tires to enhance the perception of traction.

A rising crease line flowing from the lower body, through the rear wheel arch and into the rear lamp clusters adds the sweeping elegance to the sedan’s sporty profile.

The exterior design incorporates a new, powerfully articulated headlamp cluster design with Lexus trademark, L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL) located independently below.

F SPORT models are instantly recognized by an exclusive grille and front bumper design. The ‘waistline’ of the grille is higher than on standard models, increasing the area of the lower grille to make it capable of drawing in a larger volume of cooling air appropriate to sporty performance.

• Interior Design
The new IS interior design creates a focused, ergonomically ideal environment from within, which the driver can fully exploit the new Lexus compact sedan’s superb driving dynamics.

The new IS’ increased width and longer wheelbase provide significantly improved rear seat comfort. The combination of the extended wheelbase and a thinner front seat design generates best-in-class knee room and improved accessibility. And new, 60:40 split/folding rear seats, provide expansive luggage capacity.

Cabin material, trim and finish refinement is complimented by the latest advances in HMI technology and a high quality analog clock with surface-emitting illumination. The center console incorporates Lexus-first, electrostatic switches to control the air conditioning temperature with the touch of a finger.

Both the seat hip point and the angle of the new, LFA-inspired steering wheel have been lowered and steering reach adjustment increased, creating a more sporting driving position. F SPORT models feature the LFA’s innovative driver’s meter with a moving center ring.

F SPORT trim detailing includes a perforated leather finish to the steering wheel and shift ****, metal film 3-D-effect ornamentation, black seat stitching, and aluminium pedals and scuff plates.

A choice of three F SPORT interior color schemes includes a new Rioja Red finish, which is exclusive to the marque.

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-09-13 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-09-13, 10:02 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Finally folding rear seats in a Lexus sedan! A first I believe. Is it the same in the IS300h? I forgot where I read it but I remember the IS300h has folding rear seats too!
Old 01-09-13, 10:10 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ydooby
Finally folding rear seats in a Lexus sedan! A first I believe. Is it the same in the IS300h? I forgot where I read it but I remember the IS300h has folding rear seats too!
toldyaso

Quick Reply: The 2014 Lexus IS is expected to make its official debut at the 2013 NAIAS in Detroit