IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-19, 07:17 AM
Djsuisav1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What up fam! New Lexus owner. 2016 IS 200T F-Sport Ultra white/Black
Old 09-06-19, 06:37 PM
Rumz82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally posting something....

Hi all. I bought a 2013 IS300h F-Sport trim back in June. Had a Lexus 1999 is200 followed by a 2006 is220d, but then moved to Mercedes E350, because the Mrs wanted me to get something other than a Lexus (silly woman! Lol).....and that felt weird I mean it wasn't bad, a powerful 3 litre diesel but it wasn't a Lexus was it?Lol. Finally sold the Merc and back onto a Lexus. Feels good.

The car includes the premium Nav but no ML. I used to love the ML system on my IS220d SE-L but the stock one isn't too bad. I have actually ordered a 10.25 Android system (not from 4x4 though but from Ali Express) since I find the current 7" screen to be absolutely stupid with the actual size available on the dash.It's been shipped so waiting for it to arrive. As far as mods go, not much really other than changing the interior lights to LEDs, de-badging (looks so much cleaner) and just this morning I was playing around with some cheap interior ambient lights (which will come off when I install the screen - doesn't look that great lol) There are things I like about the car but also some things that I don't. To keep it short, it would appear that since I had my Is220d, Lexus have slightly become a little more stingy and greedy....if they were a smartphone company, they would be Apple

Overall I really love the car but since it's my first hybrid, it'll need a little getting used to. At least I know you guys, the community, are here for when I need some help and assistance.

Not a huge fan of the bulging washers though

De-badged looks better imo

One of the reasons I wanted the F-Sport trim

The cheap ambient lighting for test purposes
Old 09-08-19, 07:41 PM
Nebula250
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, My name is Justin. Recently bought a 2014 Lexus IS250 F sport.
Its in the Nebula Grey w/ Rioja Red
Options: Navigation, Blind Spot Mirror

Meet Pablo, my Bearded Dragon. He usuallys chills in hammock during car rides.
The following 5 users liked this post by Nebula250:
Albo (10-01-19), arentz07 (09-08-19), DaveGS4 (09-09-19), Jazzrock (10-27-19), Rumz82 (09-19-19)
Old 09-09-19, 04:55 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by Nebula250
Hey guys, My name is Justin. Recently bought a 2014 Lexus IS250 F sport.
Its in the Nebula Grey w/ Rioja Red
Welcome to the forum...and nice dragon!
Old 09-09-19, 01:36 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,167 Likes on 1,629 Posts

the animal inside is really cool. though man be careful with that side curtain airbag. how does he like the car rides? he doesn't fall out?
The following users liked this post:
Nebula250 (01-12-20)
Old 09-19-19, 08:57 AM
pgarage
Driver School Candidate

Hi All,

New here and new to Lexus. Purchased my 2014 IS350 F-Sport RWD in Obsidian over black. I live in Las Cruces, NM, but picked up the car in San Antonio, TX. One owner, all serviced at Lexus dealer. It's bone stock with 97,000 miles and so far I've just done some maintenance to get everything up to date. Full paint correction and detail will be coming soon. Looking forward to being a part of the group!

Old 09-19-19, 01:19 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pgarage
Hi All,

New here and new to Lexus. Purchased my 2014 IS350 F-Sport RWD in Obsidian over black. I live in Las Cruces, NM, but picked up the car in San Antonio, TX. One owner, all serviced at Lexus dealer. It's bone stock with 97,000 miles and so far I've just done some maintenance to get everything up to date. Full paint correction and detail will be coming soon. Looking forward to being a part of the group!
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Great pics btw.
Old 09-19-19, 03:50 PM
tmiller43
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016 IS200T F-Sport

Hey guys I'm Taylor. New to the club but not to the brand. I purchased my first Lexus in 2016 after selling my WRX. I opted for an 06 IS350. I bought it with 150k on the clock and sold it just a few month prior with 210k. I picked up a 2016 IS200T F-Sport in April, white with the Rioja Red interior. As of now, it has tint all around, a JL 12w6, 1800w DS18 GenX monoblock amp, and an AEM intake. I just got my DRL's wrapped in neochrome tint to give it a different but subtle look. Let me know what you guys think!

Old 10-09-19, 01:28 AM
novaman64
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Just picked up a 16' IS200t, has 32k miles on it. Originally went to look at a 2IS, but had some issues, and wasnt really the color I was after, then saw this one, exact color combo I like (Liquid Platinum with black interior). Took it on a test drive and well, itll get the job done. Me, gearhead, have a 64' Nova and my current DD is my 2008 Duramax, which is putting out close to 600hp at the wheels now. Anyways, just got a new job, and my commute is going from 8 miles each way to 50 miles each way, and having to go to the city (I currently live in the mountains) so only made sense to buy something a little more fuel efficient and easier to find parking in than my quad cab long bed truck... Looking at getting this thing all setup (nav, phone, all the other crap)...

Good to be back in the Lexus family, worked at a dealership through highschool and a couple years in college, hands down best customer service, reliability and cost of ownership in the industry!

Last edited by novaman64; 10-26-19 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-11-19, 04:26 PM
Axleis350
Driver School Candidate

Default New is350

Hey guys
Bought a new 2019 is350 F Sport AWD back in May and loving every minute of it. Nebula grey with Rioja red. Painted the brake calibers red,tinted windows and put a rear spoiler on. Now I am waiting and trying to decide on a axle back exhaust.

Alberta sky😋
arentz07 (10-12-19)
Old 10-15-19, 05:59 PM
snoop14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new 2014+ IS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (IS350, IS250, IS300h) and package (F-Sport, Premium, Luxury, etc)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options

and congratulations!
Hello guys, I own a 14 IS350 awd, I'll try to post pictures later. Does anyone know of a Lexus Car Clubs in North Carolina. I currently live in Raleigh, NC.
Old 10-16-19, 06:38 AM
delata
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Been lurking since purchasing my 2019 is300 fsport awd in September. Currently in wintermode. Volks racing gtu.

Old 10-18-19, 08:39 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,790 Likes on 1,924 Posts

Originally Posted by delata
Been lurking since purchasing my 2019 is300 fsport awd in September. Currently in wintermode. Volks racing gtu.
Beautiful, I like that look. Welcome!
Old 10-23-19, 09:36 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

Hey there everyone. I totaled my 2014 Mercedes CLA 250 October 8. I was driving to work, going up a hill, and was blinded by the sun. I hit a parked car

and my car ended up on its side. The car saved me, I'm sure. I'm seeing a chiropractor, but am doing very well, thankfully.

I decided to go back to a Japanese car, due to reliability. My CLA was a good car, but I know down the line it would have cost me.

My daughter told me about the IS 200t F Sport. Today I bought a 2016 model for $24,700 with 38,000 miles on it. I love the car!

It is Ultra White with a black interior. It has navigation, blind spot assist, heated/cooled seats. It looks great and drives wonderfully.

The minor turbo lag is just that. I have a lot of reading to do to know all the ins and outs. The USB inputs were not working, so

I called the local dealer and they had me come in. It was a plug of some kind that needed changing and all is now well. I have

about 1,000 cassettes I no longer listen to. I put 450 of them on a flash drive in 2014. It took me a year to do it. I got Bluetooth connected

to my phone and set my radio presets, so I'm good to go.

My main hobby is playing music and attending concerts. I just saw Peter Frampton's last show in Concord, California. Just great. I really love

jazz rock fusion. I have my own Allman Brothers tribute band called Idlewild West, https://idlewildwest.band/index.html, and am also rehearsing

a Cream tribute band. I'm primarily a bass player, but also teach guitar and play guitar in a ukulele sing along group. I also watch a lot of tennis and

used to play tennis until I had a health issue. I'm looking forward to learning a lot about this wonderful car. I really enjoyed the CLA forum and

I'm sure I will enjoy being here as well.

Rob

Last edited by Jazzrock; 10-27-19 at 01:38 PM.
arentz07 (10-24-19)
Old 10-24-19, 04:41 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Hey there everyone. I totaled my 2014 Mercedes CLA 250 October 8. I was driving to work, going up a hill, and was blinded by the sun. I hit a parked car

and my car ended up on its side. The car saved me, I'm sure. I'm seeing a chiropractor, but am doing very well, thankfully.

I decided to go back to a Japanese car, due to reliability. My CLA was a good car, but I know down the line it would have cost me.

My daughter told me about the IS 200t F Sport. Today I bought a 2016 model for $24,700 with 38,000 miles on it. I love the car!

It is Ultra White with a black interior. It has navigation, blind spot assist, heated/cooled seats. It looks great and drives wonderfully.

The minor turbo lag is just that. I have a lot of reading to do to know all the ins and outs. The USB inputs were not working, so

I called the local dealer and they had me come in. It was a plug of some kind that needed changing and all is now well. I have

about 1,000 cassettes I no longer listen to. I put 450 of them on a flash drive in 2014. It took me a year to do it. I got Bluetooth connected

to my phone and set my radio presets, so I'm good to go.

My main hobby is playing music and attending concerts. I just saw Peter Frampton's last show in Concord, California. Just great. I really love

jazz rock fusion. I have my own Allman Brothers tribute band called Idlewild West, https://idlewildwest.band/index.html, and am also rehearsing

a Cream tribute band. I'm primarily a bass player, but also teach guitar and play guitar in a ukulele sing along group. I also watch a lot of tennis and

used to play tennis until I had a health issue. I'm looking forward to learning a lot about this wonderful car. I really enjoyed the CLA forum and

I'm sure I will enjoy being here as well.

Rob
Welcome to the forum Rob!
I'm sure you will have great fun driving around in your stylish IS.
There's tons of info on here about the car...feel free to ask questions if you can't find what you're looking for.
The Search function in the different areas of the forum are usually pretty good, but sometimes it can be challenging to find the exact info you're looking for.
Happy Motoring!
The following 2 users liked this post by Sasnuke:
Jazzrock (10-27-19), VanIS (10-24-19)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!