IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-20, 11:12 PM
510Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi CL!

I am a long time lurker but finally decided to make an account. I bought a 2014 Lexus IS with 50k miles last August since my ND Miata was totaled by a drunk driver.

I've done a few things such as change to f-sport rims, window visors, and a shift **** I used on my old Miata. I plan on keeping this car till I die because this will be daily till I pick up another Miata

Here's a few photos I've taken off my IG:
View this post on Instagram
, and

Hope to meet fellow IS owners in the Bay Area/California too.
Old 05-27-20, 01:55 AM
Ronin47
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning!

I've been lurking through this forum for a while now and finally decided to make an account. Just recently traded in my old 2015 IS250 for a 2018 IS300 AWD FSport in Ultrasonic Blue and Roja Red interior!

Lowered on RSR down springs

Outgoing IS 250 side by side with the new IS 300

Test fitting the spoiler right now. I don't trust the unbranded tape that came with the spoiler so I'll have to get some 3m double sided tape.

Current mods so far:
-NIA rear diffuser bumper extension w/ brake light
-Lowered on RSR Down springs
-Fsport Air intake
-Blacked out chrome window trim and rear badging
-V type carbon fiber spoiler from this Taiwanese Company I found on ebay. (I always liked the shape of the spoiler on the BMW M4 so I wanted something similar) - I haven't attached it yet, I don't think it looks good with the current stock wheels plus the tape it came with seemed sketchy.

Parts/mods en route:
-Apexi N1 Extreme Exhaust Axleback (Quad tipped)
-G2 Caliper Paint (Red)
-19 inch Curva C42 Wheels 8.5/+35 Offset (Front) and 9.5/+40 Offset (Rear)
- I plan to get and mount the tires locally but i'm not sure whether to get 235/35/19 or 245/35/19 wheels for the front. (I'm already dead set with 265/30/19 in the rear). The problem is that I'm aiming to get Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires like my OEM ones but no tire store seems to sell them with a 235/35/19 size but are available in 245/35/19. I could go for the Continental DWS06 235/35/19 in the front but I enjoy the handling of the Michelins. Can I do a 245/35/19 front wheel setup with the Michelins without risk of the tires rubbing or just go with the 235/35/19 Contis? (Again, I'm on RSR down springs) If anyone has any other tire suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I live in MA so the roads here are not the most forgiving.

Future:
-RR Racing Tune w/ Carbon Fiber intake - I'm reading that the 2017+ IS ECU codes are different from previous and RR racing is working on configuring that tune that right now.
-Aimgain side skirts (probably some future tax return splurge lol)
-Still debating whether or not to get the Apexi Midpipe. For one, I realize that I would be doing a delete on the secondary cats, but I still want my car to pass MA inspection. Anyone had experience dealing with that? and would having a shop weld cats onto the midpipe work?
-Vinyl wrapping the roof and side mirrors gloss black
-Wrap or plasti dip the black chrome front grille trim matte black

Last edited by Ronin47; 05-27-20 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-27-20, 04:31 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by 510Lexus
Hi CL!

I am a long time lurker but finally decided to make an account. I bought a 2014 Lexus IS with 50k miles last August since my ND Miata was totaled by a drunk driver.

I've done a few things such as change to f-sport rims, window visors, and a shift **** I used on my old Miata. I plan on keeping this car till I die because this will be daily till I pick up another Miata

Hope to meet fellow IS owners in the Bay Area/California too.
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you walked away from the Miata unscathed.
Originally Posted by Ronin47
Good morning!

I've been lurking through this forum for a while now and finally decided to make an account. Just recently traded in my old 2015 IS250 for a 2018 IS300 AWD FSport in Ultrasonic Blue and Roja Red interior!

Parts/mods en route:
-19 inch Curva C42 Wheels 8.5/+35 Offset (Front) and 9.5/+40 Offset (Rear)
- I plan to get and mount the tires locally but i'm not sure whether to get 235/35/19 or 245/35/19 wheels for the front. (I'm already dead set with 265/30/19 in the rear). The problem is that I'm aiming to get Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires like my OEM ones but no tire store seems to sell them with a 235/35/19 size but are available in 245/35/19. I could go for the Continental DWS06 235/35/19 in the front but I enjoy the handling of the Michelins. Can I do a 245/35/19 front wheel setup with the Michelins without risk of the tires rubbing or just go with the 235/35/19 Contis? (Again, I'm on RSR down springs) If anyone has any other tire suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I live in MA so the roads here are not the most forgiving.
Welcome to the forum.
As to your question about the tires, since you have AWD you will want to keep the front and rear tire diameters relatively the same.
If you plan to get 265/30/19 for the rear, then you largest choice for the front is 235/35/19.
Michelin makes both those sizes in other models of the Pilot Sport.
You could also get the Conti's or maybe look at Firestones.
The following users liked this post:
Ronin47 (05-27-20)
Old 05-27-20, 07:14 AM
Ronin47
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke

Welcome to the forum.
As to your question about the tires, since you have AWD you will want to keep the front and rear tire diameters relatively the same.
If you plan to get 265/30/19 for the rear, then you largest choice for the front is 235/35/19.
Michelin makes both those sizes in other models of the Pilot Sport.
You could also get the Conti's or maybe look at Firestones.
Thanks! , I'll take a look at the Firestones as well.
Old 05-27-20, 02:52 PM
510Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Sasnuke! I've seen you're pretty active on the forums so thanks for sharing your knowledge

For the Miata I just had some whiplash but came away pretty much all good - granted my Miata rolled TWICE.
Old 06-05-20, 01:01 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Not something I had planned on doing, but someone else had the idea to run a red light. Had the IS250 for twelve years and loved it. Test drove a few other cars, but the IS350 was the closest in feel. So I went for it. Hope to have twelve years with it...

The following 3 users liked this post by Fizzboy7:
arentz07 (06-05-20), MARINA17 (06-05-20), Toadyy (06-05-20)
Old 06-08-20, 01:51 AM
wdzyjai
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harro Everyone. Im Will Deezy From Canada,. Just picked up an Is350 F Sport 2. 2018. White on red seats.

Coming from a G37 -> to an STI -> Now to Is350 is def quite different but Hope to connect and meet with you all some day.
Literally just picked up the car, so going to do some aggresive mods, and have some fun with this Although I must say. for 2018 Parts for Lexus is 350..... I have never had so much trouble finding mods that fit my specific year on websites. Have to really save up $$$ >< .

Follow my build and mods here.

Is300hanu (07-29-20)
Old 06-21-20, 05:47 AM
Lawee
Driver School Candidate

Default IS 250 2015 Cd Panel

Please how do i get this panel. The radio works fine. I just need the deformed panel. See image attched

Old 06-21-20, 05:59 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lawee
Please how do i get this panel. The radio works fine. I just need the deformed panel. See image attched
Welcome to the forum!
I'm not going to ask how that happened...unfortunately the trim panel comes with the radio head unit...you can't get it seperately.
You could try finding a defective head unit for cheap and then disassemble both to swap the trim piece.
Lawee (06-21-20)
Old 06-23-20, 05:15 PM
timghetta
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Hello...

My name is Tim, live in South Florida, always been around Toyota and Lexus. Started with 1980 Toyota Corolla, then 1980 Toyota Celica. They were set up with Mikuni side draft Carburetors, Circle Track ams and Headers.
By that time early 90's I turned wrenches at a Toyota Dealer (Al Hendrickson Toyota) The Service Manager sent me to Toyota School Toyota, T-Ten.
Next Toyota was 93 single cab Pickup, then the Extra Cab 94 with worked airflow meter again cam and headers. Lowered with Supra wheels on them. I remember we had to shave out the Hubs for them to fit.

At this time the Toyota Supra came out it was muscle, across the street the Lexus dealer had a car I fell in love with, the Lexus SC300.
Toyota stop make cars on the US market, they were mostly made here in the states and I wasn't having an American made Toyota, no disrespect, but the Japanese precision is why I love Toyota.
So I got an SC300, there with my fun and hobby of tuning up previous Toyotas with TRD I quickly learned about the 1JZ-GTE, R-154 and LSD that comes stock on the Toyota Soarer 2.5GTT.

I went and changed all of the drive train of my Lexus SC300 and added big turbo, injectors etc. I was in the hunt for Boost, it's like a drug, you keep wanting to get more.
By this time my son was born, and of course children cost money so my having fun days were numbered, and by then I had to get out of it. So I went to the 2IS and enjoyed a simple life with Navigation.

The new 3IS came out and it was like wow that tail light, the grill the whole shape was something that I liked. I had to get one of them. that is where I am now.
I pretty much kept it stock, don't want to add too much but just last week I did start getting my old ways and added RCF/GSF brakes to it. Who knows I might add more, but will see.

I've been on here since 2004 with the SC crowd, and it was only recently I checked in on the 3IS forums to see what others are doing.
Anyway, nice to meet you all.

-Tim
The following 2 users liked this post by timghetta:
kj07xk (06-24-20), Toadyy (06-23-20)
Old 06-27-20, 04:11 PM
Canadian86
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, all
I picked up a 2016 is 300 AWD, Atomic Silver with the Rioja Red interior. It also had the Mark Levinson sound system.
arentz07 (06-28-20)
Old 06-28-20, 05:47 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Canadian86
Hi, all
I picked up a 2016 is 300 AWD, Atomic Silver with the Rioja Red interior. It also had the Mark Levinson sound system.
Welcome to the forum!
Old 06-28-20, 04:37 PM
albert1500
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What's up guys. I've been lurking since I picked up a white 17 IS200t F Sport with the red interior around new years. First time Lexus owner, I never thought I would own one of these cars because when they came out with the huge grilles I was not a fan at all and now here I am.

I usually join a forum after getting a new vehicle. I too suffer from the mod bug, maybe not the the extent of some of the folk here with deep pockets.

Some of the things I've done are:
- 70% windshield tint for the TX heat.
- Chrome window trim delete with graphite metallic wrap, kind of matches the rims and emblems. Did not want to go with the usual black this time.
- Tinted front grille badge, DRL's, headlights with Vvivid tint / will probably redo these with Lamin-X
- Also vinyl wrapped the top of the head lights with black metallic film
- Wrapped the mirrors to make them two tone with the top and inside black.
- Still working on tinting the tail lights.

Still to come:
- black metallic roof and probably part of the hood, and the top half the the spoiler.
- newly wrapped rear trunk emblem in graphite metallic. I have it just need to install it.

Here's a pic of the day I bought it.

Old 07-02-20, 08:53 PM
CA53W
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member

Hello everyone, my name is Alex, I'm 23 years old and I've been driving my 2015 IS250 F Sport AWD since Oct. 2018.
Black exterior with black interior.
I was told that it has all available options besides the remote start.
Completely stock for now just looking to get lowering springs and wheels soon.

I'm interested in Formula 1 and time attack so just I started taking my Lexus to the track a couple weekends ago and plan on going every month.

Sasnuke (07-30-20)
Old 07-29-20, 05:03 PM
Is300hanu
Driver School Candidate

Default Is300h Fsport Antigua!

Good day! Love following club Lexus and their forums. I have a 2014 starglazed black (I think) that I bought from Singapore. So far I've been looking it and the fuel consumption. I have few questions that I'd like so assistance with in the future.

Modded stock exhaust

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!