IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-21, 11:24 AM
Madvlad
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good afternoon from Denver, CO. Name is Damir but my friends call me Vlad. Just acquired a 2016 CPO IS300 F-Sport a little over a month ago, so decided to jump on here for general information/parts and such. Don't plan to do much to the car honestly but for the lower control arm bushing upgrade and just a few cosmetic things (starting by fixing those godawful paint swirls the detailer at Kuni left behind, dude didn't know what the hell he was doing) and about it. It'll become my D.D once my 250k 02' Maxima SE 6spd tanks at some point although still running pretty good for the age and mileage. Anyways just introducing myself and yeah hope to meet more local members and what not at some point . Yes, I do know how to use the search button and not lazy to read through old threads to find answers, so not that much of a newb lol

Last edited by Madvlad; 02-07-21 at 11:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
skygunner (10-04-21)
Old 02-07-21, 12:21 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Madvlad
Good afternoon from Denver, CO. Name is Damir but my friends call me Vlad. Just acquired a 2016 CPO IS300 F-Sport a little over a month ago, so decided to jump on here for general information/parts and such. Don't plan to do much to the car honestly but for the lower control arm bushing upgrade and just a few cosmetic things (starting by fixing those godawful paint swirls the detailer at Kuni left behind, dude didn't know what the hell he was doing) and about it. It'll become my D.D once my 250k 02' Maxima SE 6spd tanks at some point although still running pretty good for the age and mileage. Anyways just introducing myself and yeah hope to meet more local members and what not at some point . Yes, I do know how to use the search button and not lazy to read through old threads to find answers, so not that much of a newb lol
Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-08-21, 03:59 AM
mirmon
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New 3is Owner

Hello!! I purchased my Nebula Grey Pearl 17' IS300 F-Sport back in November! I wanted the red interior, but got black. Traded in my g37 for it. After putting my G back to stock, it was time for it to go. Excited about the new journey with the 3is! So far I have the RR Racing intake and tune, Well window visors, and tint (if that counts lol).

Ellingtoni (03-15-21)
Old 02-08-21, 01:48 PM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 291 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by mirmon

Looks like you’re missing a tow hook cover?
Old 02-08-21, 04:48 PM
Madvlad
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello!! I purchased my Nebula Grey Pearl 17' IS300 F-Sport back in November! I wanted the red interior, but got black. Traded in my g37 for it. After putting my G back to stock, it was time for it to go. Excited about the new journey with the 3is! So far I have the RR Racing intake and tune, Well window visors, and tint (if that counts lol).

Very nice man, that's the color combo I was looking for but couldn't find one here in Colorado to save my life so had to settle for the white one. The only few gray ones had the red interior and while pretty cool but too hard to take care of lol. Congrats on the purchase!
Ellingtoni (07-08-21)
Old 02-09-21, 05:06 AM
mirmon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kj07xk
Looks like you’re missing a tow hook cover?
It was missing. I went to the local Lexus dealership and bought one. I didn't get it color matched because I kind of like the black cover. But I may get it painted this Spring.
Old 02-09-21, 05:07 AM
mirmon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Madvlad
Very nice man, that's the color combo I was looking for but couldn't find one here in Colorado to save my life so had to settle for the white one. The only few gray ones had the red interior and while pretty cool but too hard to take care of lol. Congrats on the purchase!
I definitely was thinking about a white one. My older brother has the GS350 F sport in Black with red guts! But I like the black on black. And thank you!
Old 03-03-21, 10:37 AM
pgarage
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gorgeous IS and welcome! You'll love it here.
Old 03-11-21, 01:36 AM
mirmon
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!! I hope so.
Old 03-15-21, 01:57 PM
Ellingtoni
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice! I traded my G37S coupe in for the same color combo in a 2016 IS 350 F Sport yesterday. I'll post a few pics later this week. My dog was starting to have a hard time getting in and out of the G37 so it was time for a sedan.
Old 03-15-21, 06:21 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellingtoni
Nice! I traded my G37S coupe in for the same color combo in a 2016 IS 350 F Sport yesterday. I'll post a few pics later this week. My dog was starting to have a hard time getting in and out of the G37 so it was time for a sedan.
Welcome to the forum!

A true legend replaces his car for his dog...respect.
Old 03-16-21, 08:12 AM
Ellingtoni
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to Me 2016 IS 350 F Sport

As I mentioned above I just traded my Infiniti G37S coupe in on a 2016 IS 350 F Sport in Nebula Gray with a black interior. After 15 years of Infinitis it was time for a change. As my dog and I get older a coupe isn't quite as practical as a primary car and I don't drive enough to warrant having two cars. I had driven a few IS cars that friends had over the years and like the style. While I miss the handling and steering feel of the G I do not miss the rattles! City of Atlanta roads are terrible. My IS has just under 36k miles and came with the Levinson system and a nice set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 AS tires.

I am looking forward to learning more about my car though I probably won't go down the modification road with this car. Never say never though.

Old 03-19-21, 08:34 AM
mirmon
Driver School Candidate

Nice pick up!! Yea the coupe was bad when trying to transport my music equipment and God kids lol.
Ellingtoni (03-20-21)
Old 03-22-21, 05:14 PM
MindPsyche
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking New to Club

Hey guys i'm new to the club i recently purchased a 2018 IS300 F Sport Atomic Silver and Roja Red. I have all the options w/Navigation and Mark Levinson system. I'm in love with it and plan on making a few aesthetic changes first. I would also like some advice on what mods would be a good recommendation to start with, i personally would like to tune if possible??? Thanks and hope you appreciate the pics.

The following 2 users liked this post by MindPsyche:
arentz07 (03-25-21), Ellingtoni (03-23-21)
Old 04-08-21, 09:11 PM
kitdrew
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi from Orange County! New to the club! I recently purchased a 2021 IS350 F-Sport w/ DHP in Caviar and Black interior. Love the car and how it drives. I'm excited to have found this community and learn from everyone here!
Toadyy (04-09-21)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!