IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-22, 06:50 PM
SleepyOldG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arentz07
Welcome @SleepyOldG , having owned a few German cars, I could understand wanting to come back to Lexus. The tint is something you'll probably appreciate being in GA - though, most do it aftermarket. If you can find an IS with the Mark Levinson system, I would highly suggest going for it... But if you don't, you're still getting an IS 350 after all. It may not have the raw thrills of an RC F with that car's sharper handling and V-8, but the 350 is really balanced and easy to drive fast on a back road. But, it's also super relaxed in everyday driving and reliable. Obviously a lot of us here are biased, but I also have a 330i in the garage - and compared to that BMW, the IS 350 has more character. Sure, the BMW is a little quicker and more efficient, but the IS feels more connected to the road and more solid.
I'd have gladly gone all the way down to a Golf Type R/GTI, Civic SI or Subaru WRX but A) You can't find them and B) They are inexpensive enough that the loan to value results in financing denials when rolling upside down...which is what brought me to the IS.

That said this is more car than those entry enthusiasts models, with more room, features and probably with a better reliability record and good to comparable resale.

Last edited by SleepyOldG; 01-06-22 at 07:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (01-06-22)
Old 02-06-22, 07:26 PM
dinojr
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Recently purchased an Atomic silver 2015 Lexus IS350 F Sport with Rioja Red interior (35k miles). Dealer had new Bridgestone Potenza tires on it but when I took it for a 2 day test drive it snowed and I was sliding all over so I ended up getting some Blizzaks right away. Its only snowed once since but they made a huge difference. Now I'm just debating on getting another set of wheels for the summer tires. Really like the Work Emotion CR2P that I saw on numair3is's build thread. If anyone has any other recommendations I'd appreciate it.

Also, if anyone has advice on things I may need to address. I was reading a little bit about the inner tire wear but not well versed in any of this. Should I get stiffer lca bushings asap?

Seems like a great community with a lot of knowledge. Can't wait to read more and see what others have done to their cars.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-is350.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by dinojr:
arentz07 (02-07-22), DaveGS4 (02-08-22), KObjective (02-06-22)
Old 02-06-22, 07:56 PM
KObjective
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats and welcome!
Old 02-12-22, 09:11 AM
JGullett17
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2014 IS350 F Sport

Atomic Silver RWD with black leather interior.

My wife and I bought this car in 2017, but I didn't join CL until a couple years ago. She wanted an RX350 for years, but when we looked at getting a Lexus, we "compromised," and we ended up getting the IS350 instead. She didn't want a car, so the car became my daily driver after I sold my Miata. I have done many things to it over the years, making the wife like the car less and less. Anyway, we bought it with 34,XXX miles on it, and it currently has a bit over 60,000. I'll start the list of modifications in order, according to my VINwiki account.

Resprayed stock Lexus color at Maaco. When bought, the paint was pockmarked on the front.
Brisk spark plugs
K&N air filter and intake tube
TSW 19"Sebring wheels in matte black (Literally a week after installing, the front right got curb rashed, so I covered it up by putting red Rimblades on the lips of all 4. Stock wheels are now my winter wheels, and are plastidipped matte black)
Nitto NT555 performance tires
Cusco front strut tower bar
Straight piped exhaust (Cut out factory h-pipe and mufflers)
Lowered on Megan Racing lowering springs
Megan Racing camber arms front and rear to adjust during alignments
Shiny shifter ball replaced stick shifter top
Matte black "F" in place of stock Lexus grille emblem
Lexus seatbelt pads
Rising sun Japanese flag valve stem caps
Optima red top battery
RR-Racing IS350 tune

That's it so far. Probably the final touches are going to be blacking out the front and side chrome trim and the rear badges. In my opinion, the car will be complete after that. Then I can focus and start saving for the dream car, a Lotus Elise or Exige.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_1216.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by JGullett17:
arentz07 (02-12-22), KObjective (02-12-22)
Old 02-12-22, 10:42 PM
LEXLUIS
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Back in the saddle soon...

Hello CL friends. I am expecting to be back in an IS very soon. After several Lexus I traded my RX 450 for the hopes of getting a new truck as a daily. Unfortunately the current chip shortage and covid vaccination BS has delayed my truck delivery to may.

Long story short I I got into a nice SC 430 as a project and weekend car, but that resulted in some issues with the car that I just could not accept. very sad because the SC was very promising, however the previous owner decided not to disclose and accident .

Luckly for my me Lexus Dealer is as always doing the right thing and just like that I shall be the proud owner of our third IS in the family.

The Car is expected to arrive tomorrow Sunday. Yes, my local dealer does receive their new vehicles on Sundays.

Lets hope this does not turn up in further delays. I got fed up with other dealers' games and price gouging so sticking to Lexus has worked very well for me.
No ridiculous mark ups.
No hassle
No games
Fair trade values and awesome cars.
Looking forward to reading on the new GEN IS build and mods.

PS First mod for me will be Wheels and tires.
KObjective (02-13-22)
Old 02-12-22, 10:58 PM
LEXLUIS
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dear CL friend @SleepyOldG Ifeel and share your concerns. I would do it in a heartbeat and won't look back even with negative equity. I have yet to be disappointed with any of the several Lexus over the years. except one. I recently acquire a 20-year-old Lexus and is the only car that i will be moving out in less than a month, I got the car form my Lexus dealer as a used car. The car market is stupid crazy. I am sad to see how little effort dealers place in their used cars and the price they are asking is ridiculous. My SC is not a bad car is just the owner fail to disclose an accident and if the dealer would have caught it and disclose it i would be ok and fix it right. But I refuse to be taken advantage over a sale.

I had to actually talk to the General Manager and because I have been a repeated Lexus customer, they are taking the car back in a trade with no money loss on my end.
My RX 450h I traded after a year and got exactly what I paid i that trade a year ago, My Previous RX450h a 2011 samy I got what I paid aftyer 2 plus year very little mileage for a 2011 model all in pristine condition.

I am expecting to get my new IS this week inventories are low however my first IS which my son owes now has been a daily driver ever since 2010 , it has 280K miles and runs like new.

you won't be wrong with the IS and in the long run will serve you well.
Old 02-23-22, 05:25 AM
Nexus713
Pit Crew

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Welcome everyone!

One week ago I got mine 2022 IS350 F-Sport AWD in Cloudburst Gray with Black interior - and I’m amazed how good the car is!
I traded in my 2020 Honda Civic Sport so ‚jump’ was huge.

Previous car vs new car

Quick question thought - my IS didn’t come with F Sport emblem on the trunk (just on the side front fenders) - I asked dealership and guy said not all cars are coming with it, but he car order one for me, so I got one for 45$ from dealership - is it true that not all models of F Sport trim come with trunk emblem?
The following 4 users liked this post by Nexus713:
arentz07 (02-23-22), KObjective (02-25-22), macmaster (02-23-22), twalls (04-15-22)
Old 02-23-22, 09:20 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,790 Likes on 1,924 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexus713
Welcome everyone!

One week ago I got mine 2022 IS350 F-Sport AWD in Cloudburst Gray with Black interior - and I’m amazed how good the car is!

Previous car vs new car

Quick question thought - my IS didn’t come with F Sport emblem on the trunk (just on the side front fenders) - I asked dealership and guy said not all cars are coming with it, but he car order one for me, so I got one for 45$ from dealership - is it true that not all models of F Sport trim come with trunk emblem?
Congrats, love the Cloudburst Gray!

I believe 2022 IS models don't get the F Sport badge on the trunk lid anymore. So, really, posers like me will probably go and remove their existing badges to make their cars look newer.

Personally I think I could go either way. It looks cleaner without the badge, but the badge does remind onlookers that you have an F Sport.
The following 2 users liked this post by arentz07:
macmaster (02-23-22), Nexus713 (02-23-22)
Old 02-23-22, 09:41 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexus713
Welcome everyone!

I agree the jump is huge. Back in the day my girlfriend and I used a parent's leased CT200h for several months. Then they had to return the lease and gave us a leased Honda Accord instead, and we were like "this feels awful." After that lease was up and it was time to buy our own car, we got another CT200h. After driving Lexus for so many years, it's easy to forget what a luxury they are. Congrats!

That said, $45 for an obsolete badge is a waste of money IMO.
Nexus713 (02-23-22)
Old 02-23-22, 09:51 AM
Nexus713
Pit Crew

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

In my opinion looks better with emblem For me It feels like there is something missing there.
so i got it today:

I guess I prefer traditional look 😅

The following 2 users liked this post by Nexus713:
macmaster (02-23-22), twalls (04-15-22)
Old 02-23-22, 09:55 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,687 Likes on 1,784 Posts

^^ I agree, the car looks a bit off balance - They should have at least put the LEXUS tag like they do in Japan or something but everyone has an opinion and I agree with yours, cars look better with it
Nexus713 (02-23-22)
Old 03-02-22, 02:35 PM
RanRudedog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me 2016 IS 200t

2016 IS 200t with 54k on the odometer. It's painted in eminent white pearl with a parchment interior and black piano trim. It is a premium plus with 18" aluminum alloy wheels. The car has an autotragic trans. No mods at this point. This is my first Lexus. Last drove a Saab 9-3ss.

Last edited by RanRudedog; 03-02-22 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-03-22, 11:49 AM
pntydrprIS
9th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

New Lexus owner. Purchased 2022 IS350 in iridium with red interior, dhp and ml audio 2 weeks ago. Love it! Tint and carbon mirror caps installed. I don’t think I’ll go too crazy on mods because this car looks stunning as is. Thought about a slight drop but car scrapes a bit as it is coming down my driveway so that’s a no.
Here she is.

twalls (04-15-22)
Old 03-03-22, 11:50 AM
pntydrprIS
9th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are the mirror caps

The following 5 users liked this post by pntydrprIS:
arentz07 (03-03-22), Oneops (08-26-22), TipsyTonio (03-04-22), Toadyy (03-03-22), twalls (04-15-22)
Old 03-03-22, 11:54 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,790 Likes on 1,924 Posts

Originally Posted by pntydrprIS
New Lexus owner. Purchased 2022 IS350 in iridium with red interior, dhp and ml audio 2 weeks ago. Love it! Tint and carbon mirror caps installed. I don’t think I’ll go too crazy on mods because this car looks stunning as is. Thought about a slight drop but car scrapes a bit as it is coming down my driveway so that’s a no.
Here she is.
Welcome and congrats on the car. Great color combo, but maybe I am biased. Like the mirror caps as well.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!