IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-22, 06:38 AM
gngrn1nja
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey everyone! I just picked up a 2019 IS300 F Sport (RWD). Atomic Silver exterior, rioja red interior.

The following 4 users liked this post by gngrn1nja:
arentz07 (06-19-22), davyjordi (06-23-22), Fman2118 (06-20-22), KObjective (06-19-22)
Old 06-20-22, 03:38 AM
LetyLex
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and need info

Good morning I have a Lexus IS300 AWD 2018 and want to know about RR racing bushings or Figs. Do these parts needs to be installed to save the tire and more info please!
Old 06-20-22, 12:55 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,790 Likes on 1,924 Posts

Originally Posted by LetyLex
Good morning I have a Lexus IS300 AWD 2018 and want to know about RR racing bushings or Figs. Do these parts needs to be installed to save the tire and more info please!
Welcome. Please check out the following thread; hopefully it should answer most questions on the topic of tire wear and bushings.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tire-wear.html
Old 06-22-22, 09:36 AM
TGxx22
8th Gear

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

I missed this thread before making my first post! Brought home my new 2022 IS300 AWD FSport2 two weeks ago. I ordered it exactly how I wanted it, took three months to the day to get it. Absolutely love this car. The USB paint is stunning, and the white and black interior looks amazing with the blue. I wasn't sure on the interior when I ordered it, but as soon as I saw it in person I knew I made the right choice. I have always had Toyota, so the Lexus was the next logical step. Although I am coming from a 2020 Tundra, so a big change there! Gas is too much and I didn't use the truck for its purpose so I wanted to try something new and fun. Coming from the truck the handling feels amazing in the IS. Best handling vehicle I have ever had. It's funny when I see people complain about the handling, it's all about perspective I guess! I do plan on doing some upgrades to the handling to make it even better, such as a strut bar, the Figs UCA bushings and possibly lowering it. I also want to tint the windows, as I am used to the dark tint in my Tundra. I also want to find a way to tune this back to the 311 hp the 350 has, I am sure it can be done. And I had them install the F Sport exhaust before I picked it up! It is pretty tame but I do really like the sound.

Looking forward to joining this community!

The following 5 users liked this post by TGxx22:
arentz07 (06-22-22), FSportOnly (07-26-22), kj07xk (06-22-22), KObjective (06-25-22), Oneops (08-26-22)
Old 06-22-22, 10:14 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by TGxx22
I missed this thread before making my first post! Brought home my new 2022 IS300 AWD FSport2 two weeks ago. I ordered it exactly how I wanted it, took three months to the day to get it. Absolutely love this car. The USB paint is stunning, and the white and black interior looks amazing with the blue. I wasn't sure on the interior when I ordered it, but as soon as I saw it in person I knew I made the right choice. I have always had Toyota, so the Lexus was the next logical step. Although I am coming from a 2020 Tundra, so a big change there! Gas is too much and I didn't use the truck for its purpose so I wanted to try something new and fun. Coming from the truck the handling feels amazing in the IS. Best handling vehicle I have ever had. It's funny when I see people complain about the handling, it's all about perspective I guess! I do plan on doing some upgrades to the handling to make it even better, such as a strut bar, the Figs UCA bushings and possibly lowering it. I also want to tint the windows, as I am used to the dark tint in my Tundra. I also want to find a way to tune this back to the 311 hp the 350 has, I am sure it can be done. And I had them install the F Sport exhaust before I picked it up! It is pretty tame but I do really like the sound.

Looking forward to joining this community!

Can't go wrong with USB. And the white looks great. Nice combo!
How was the dealing and pricing?
The following 2 users liked this post by Fizzboy7:
CMG13KC (08-09-22), TGxx22 (06-23-22)
Old 06-23-22, 07:46 AM
TGxx22
8th Gear

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Can't go wrong with USB. And the white looks great. Nice combo!
How was the dealing and pricing?
Thanks! I don't think I got a steal but it was $55K (CAD, around $43K USD) after the exhaust. In today's crazy market I will take it haha
Old 06-30-22, 11:59 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Jumped back into a sedan. Had way too much equity in my GX lease to not get out of it early. I'll try to post photos later. I love the car. It's so nimble. Now this could be from driving the big tank for the last 2 years, but I had the 4GS for 4 years, and the IS is much more agile.

I told my dealer, if he found an IS350, it had to be blue. No other option was acceptable. I paid MSRP. It's pretty much loaded up, except for the dynamic steering option. I was going to lease this one too, but current rates are just way too high. Not to mention the dealer was inflating the lease factor above the marketed Lexus rates. So even though they weren't marking the price of the car up, they would have gotten their money with that little tactic. Also went with my local credit union for the loan...2.75%, couldn't be beaten in this current market.

Things I have noticed, as a "newby"...
-it's so low to the ground
-absolutely love the wheels
-I missed the USB...such a fantastic color
-no rear sunshade...gonna have to probably get it tinted
-still fiddling with the sound system. doesn't seem to be enough bass. it has the ML...just need to get it fine tuned
-trunk was surprisingly large enough for my golf clubs
-there's more leg room in the back seat than I was expecting, although the roof is very low back there
-the turn signal DIY that we had posted in the 4GS thread works for the 3IS...got that changed to 5 blinks

I'll edit this post later with some photos. To Be Continued
The following 2 users liked this post by jtrue28:
arentz07 (06-30-22), KObjective (07-02-22)
Old 06-30-22, 12:49 PM
PrankMonke
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Easy Bass Boost

Whether you have the Mark Levinson or non-ML audio system you will not have enough bass.
For a quick and relatively low cost solution you can check out this post:
subwoofer install
I copied the OP's exact set up with a non-ML system and againon an ML system. Albeit slightly modifed. It is the perfect amount of very clean bass that will exceed any sound coming from your rear deck. And you won't have to stress your system.

Enjoy the new ride, she's a beauty.

Last edited by PrankMonke; 06-30-22 at 12:56 PM. Reason: found a picture
Old 06-30-22, 01:35 PM
Skip2daLou
10th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi All!

First post ever on this forum having just registered a moment ago. Excited to be a part of this community and it's been years since I've been back to a tight knit community and car modding scene like this. My previous car was a 2019 Mercedes Benz E63S. My car before that was a 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe which I absolutely loved modding. I had put a deposit down on a new Mercedes, but because of the current global supply chain issue, they told me I wouldn't see it for a full year (or longer).

I've always loved the look of the latest gen IS and decided to visit a Lexus dealership here. Ended up picking up the 2022 Lexus IS300 AWD F-Sport in Atomic Silver and it's really growing on me. Had it for about a month and I've already gotten a couple "hey nice car man" from strangers...which is really what all car people love to hear haha.

Sorry for the long message, but would absolutely love to hear everyone's thoughts on their experiences and mods done to their vehicles! So far, I've done a few minor things such as 2-way dashcam install, license plate relocator kit, chrome black out of window and side mirror trims (vinyl wrapped gloss black), and my favourite so far, a bluetooth adapter for Android Auto. I've already ordered a front splitters and side skirts from NIA in gloss black (8ish week wait), the TRD rear diffuser, and 20" Vossen HF-5s (arriving in 4 weeks). I'm currently in the market for lowering springs or coilovers, so if any of you have any insight on that, please share! (Haven't found much info online for the latest gen IS).

The following 2 users liked this post by Skip2daLou:
arentz07 (06-30-22), KObjective (07-02-22)
Old 06-30-22, 01:39 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Originally Posted by Skip2daLou
Hi All!

First post ever on this forum having just registered a moment ago. Excited to be a part of this community and it's been years since I've been back to a tight knit community and car modding scene like this. My previous car was a 2019 Mercedes Benz E63S. My car before that was a 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe which I absolutely loved modding. I had put a deposit down on a new Mercedes, but because of the current global supply chain issue, they told me I wouldn't see it for a full year (or longer).

I've always loved the look of the latest gen IS and decided to visit a Lexus dealership here. Ended up picking up the 2022 Lexus IS300 AWD F-Sport in Atomic Silver and it's really growing on me. Had it for about a month and I've already gotten a couple "hey nice car man" from strangers...which is really what all car people love to hear haha.

Sorry for the long message, but would absolutely love to hear everyone's thoughts on their experiences and mods done to their vehicles! So far, I've done a few minor things such as 2-way dashcam install, license plate relocator kit, chrome black out of window and side mirror trims (vinyl wrapped gloss black), and my favourite so far, a bluetooth adapter for Android Auto. I've already ordered a front splitters and side skirts from NIA in gloss black (8ish week wait), the TRD rear diffuser, and 20" Vossen HF-5s (arriving in 4 weeks). I'm currently in the market for lowering springs or coilovers, so if any of you have any insight on that, please share! (Haven't found much info online for the latest gen IS).

Congrats! Love the Atomic Silver with red interior combo... had that on my 2016 IS 300 AWD and now have an Iridium with red interior.

I really like the NIA products for this car, would love to see how they turn out on yours.
The following users liked this post:
Skip2daLou (06-30-22)
Old 06-30-22, 01:51 PM
Skip2daLou
10th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Congrats! Love the Atomic Silver with red interior combo... had that on my 2016 IS 300 AWD and now have an Iridium with red interior.

I really like the NIA products for this car, would love to see how they turn out on yours.
Thank you! And yes, Lexus definitely does red interiors perfectly. Most other brands for some reason like to have seizure inducing red haha. I've also just created a build thread for my car, and will update with pictures gradually as the mods come in!
Old 08-09-22, 02:09 PM
CMG13KC
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First time Lexus Owner
2019 IS 300 F-Sport
Obsidian Exterior Black Interior

KObjective (08-10-22)
Old 08-09-22, 02:19 PM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG13KC
First time Lexus Owner
2019 IS 300 F-Sport
Obsidian Exterior Black Interior
CONGRATS on your new ride.
The following 3 users liked this post by lexus4jess:
CMG13KC (08-09-22), Oneops (08-26-22), vape (03-01-23)
Old 08-26-22, 03:13 PM
Oneops
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What’s up everybody!

Yo hey hi!
Picked up a 300 F sport earlier this year for my wife. Had it wrapped and some tint done. Just about to do some service.
Community seems strong. Cool there’s a following.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-0c8b0110-35b2-4d0f-84d6-71018dfbcff6.jpeg  
The following 4 users liked this post by Oneops:
arentz07 (08-26-22), Fman2118 (08-26-22), KObjective (08-28-22), twalls (10-17-22)
Old 08-26-22, 03:15 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Originally Posted by Oneops
Yo hey hi!
Picked up a 300 F sport earlier this year for my wife. Had it wrapped and some tint done. Just about to do some service.
Community seems strong. Cool there’s a following.
Welcome! Whatever you need, we got you. Within reason! I like the wrap, something different.
Oneops (08-26-22)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!