IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-23 | 02:51 AM
uakozak
Driver School Candidate

Default 21 IS350 F Sport

Hey guys, 2021 IS350 F Sport with 25K miles owner here! Picked up this beauty last night after about a year of waiting out crazy covid pricing and saving up. Got rid of a 2018 Acura MDX as a trade in. Was way too much car for my needs. Absolutely loving this color and spec. It's just the perfect car in every way. That drive home, I felt like I was 16 again, almost cried a few times lol. Looking at some tint asap. Mine came with just the back window tinted. Is that the way it comes from the factory? If so, what percentage? Looks about 20% to me.

The following 5 users liked this post by uakozak:
arentz07 (12-05-23), Bechtold (12-05-23), KObjective (12-16-23), LA20671 (12-05-23), twalls (12-14-23)
Old 12-05-23 | 05:55 AM
cerbois
Pit Crew

wow that looks clean! Watch the law in NY on tints. Below is 35%. No factory rear window tint.

The following 2 users liked this post by cerbois:
Bechtold (12-05-23), KObjective (12-16-23)
Old 12-06-23 | 03:36 AM
uakozak
Driver School Candidate

thanks! threw a car cover on it, live in a condo trees over my parking spot.. annoying to say the least but trying to keep it super clean.. tints goin on it today in the morning. going with 20%.. im 40min up from manhattan in westchester county, they do not care for tints here. my neighbor has a rover with 5% all around including the front windshield and has never had a problem. I had 20% on my Acura MDX prior to this for over 3 years never been ticketed once (knock on wood). Annual inspection is a pain, but i have a guy that likes cash
The following users liked this post:
cerbois (12-06-23)
Old 12-14-23 | 04:28 AM
twalls
Driver

Damn... Literally have my dream car, I got to drive this exact car in the Lexus Driving Experience in the time attack in Sonoma Valley, California.. FELL IN LOVE!!! Same color and everything.. Take care of her, and she'll take care of you right back.. CONGRATS!!!

Originally Posted by yuH8m8
Hi friends. I got hella lucky finding this gem in my town with only 11k miles. Feels great not seeing my car everyday like i did with my white 350 is fsport. I love how this car handles. Its even better than my lexus awd is 350 fsport.
stock right now. I want at least a cat back to bring out the v8 sound more without sounding like a stang or scat.

Old 12-14-23 | 04:31 AM
twalls
Driver

The 20mm spacers all around are PERFECT to push the wheels to be exact w/ the fenders... I have them all around as well.. I also dropped mine on RSR - DOWN springs, (not the Super Downs).. It gets rid of the wheel gap perfectly as well...

I just pulled the plug on my airlift kit. So I'll be on air suspension soon..
Old 12-26-23 | 06:23 AM
Kellyinok
1st Gear

Smile Merry Christmas to me!

Purchased my first Lexus this week. Traded in a 2022 Porsche Macan for a white/black IS350. Love how it drives and handles. Getting windows tinted and considering removing the IS350. Also very interested in some black exhaust tips. Other than, I just want to drive it like I stole it. 😉. Looking forward to perusing the forum and learning more about Lexus.

The following 6 users liked this post by Kellyinok:
arentz07 (12-26-23), blackangus (04-04-24), cerbois (12-26-23), Incognito23 (12-26-23), KObjective (02-14-24), twalls (02-12-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-11-24 | 06:25 AM
NYTXPontiacFan
6th Gear

Thumbs up New to me ‘20 IS 350 F Sport

Hi from San Antonio! I picked up a 2020 IS 350 F Sport CPO with about 21K on the odometer back in May. I put over 10K miles on it since. Just swapped tires and installed Michelin PS4 - what a difference over the stock Bridgestone rubber.

I’m interested in an exhaust upgrade but nothing obnoxious. Love the quad tip look so I might go with the Revel RC. Anyway, I’m enjoying the car and glad to be here.
The following 3 users liked this post by NYTXPontiacFan:
arentz07 (02-12-24), blackangus (04-04-24), KObjective (02-14-24)
Old 02-12-24 | 07:39 AM
twalls
Driver

Originally Posted by Kellyinok
Purchased my first Lexus this week. Traded in a 2022 Porsche Macan for a white/black IS350. Love how it drives and handles. Getting windows tinted and considering removing the IS350. Also very interested in some black exhaust tips. Other than, I just want to drive it like I stole it. 😉. Looking forward to perusing the forum and learning more about Lexus.

Congrats!!! There's a wealth of knowledge on here. The MOD BUG is real!!! LOL..
Old 02-13-24 | 08:25 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

after 14 years, traded my 2009 ES350 for this obsidian 2020 IS 300 AWD F Sport. the best part is it has less than 13,000 miles!
the rioja red and black interior looks and smells new. hope to tint the windows and do a clear bra, but won't mod. LOVE IT. i am incredibly fortunate.

Last edited by blackangus; 02-14-24 at 07:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by blackangus:
arentz07 (02-16-24), KObjective (02-14-24)
Old 02-14-24 | 07:35 AM
twalls
Driver

Originally Posted by blackangus
after 14 years, traded my 2009 ES350 for this obsidian 2020 IS 300 AWD F Sport. the best part is it has less than 13,000 miles!
the rioja red and black interior looks and smells new. hope to tint the windows and do a clear bra, but won't mod. LOVE IT. i am incredible fortunate.

Look into PPF instead of "clear bra"... I have a tint/PPF and Ceramic Coating shop.. You won't be disappointed.
Old 02-14-24 | 07:54 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

twalls: thanks for your your suggestion. owning a shop, you would know better than me, but i thought clear bras are made of PPF - it's just applied to a more limited area - typically due to budget, which is the case with me.

the best price i have found from any shop i would want to use is close to $900 just for the bra. most were over $1,000. at that rate, i can't afford to have the entire car wrapped. am i misunderstanding your recommendation? any information you can offer on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-24 | 01:26 PM
twalls
Driver

Originally Posted by blackangus
twalls: thanks for your your suggestion. owning a shop, you would know better than me, but i thought clear bras are made of PPF - it's just applied to a more limited area - typically due to budget, which is the case with me.

the best price i have found from any shop i would want to use is close to $900 just for the bra. most were over $1,000. at that rate, i can't afford to have the entire car wrapped. am i misunderstanding your recommendation? any information you can offer on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
You're right, it's now PPF if that's what the shop that you're getting it from uses.. However, PPF can come in different levels of quality.. Make sure whomever you go with uses good quality PPF.. We use Autobahn at my shop..
Old 02-15-24 | 07:30 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

Thank you.
Old 02-19-24 | 11:52 AM
ironbrick
6th Gear

New member checking in. I’m considering a new IS350 as my next car. I bought a new Acura Integra last year with the intent to drive it long term. Fundamentally decent car (6-speed manual was a major plus) but it’s been beating me up with endless stupid little quality issues (misassembled interior parts, failed trim pieces, failed bushings, and soooo maaaannnny rattles). I know it’s just a fancy Civic but thought that would promote reliability, and I didn’t expect Acura to be as bad as they are at correcting failures. I hate wasting money and I hate giving up, but it might be worth it to make the problem go away this time. Anyway, I’m done whining!

I test drove an IS350 F-sport AWD last weekend and liked it. Seems like it would meet my need of a low-BS daily driver. Very obvious step up from the Acura even though it’s an older platform. (I see that as a plus.) I’m planning to go back for a longer drive in a RWD version for comparison. Not sure what I’m going to do, or even 100% sure I’ll do anything at all, but I figured I should browse here to see what I’d be getting myself into. Seems like the only thing to worry about immediately is upgrading the LCA bushings and doing an alignment? Weird problem to persist unaddressed by Lexus but not so bad if it’s known and easily handled.
Old 02-20-24 | 01:53 PM
arentz07

Originally Posted by ironbrick
New member checking in. I’m considering a new IS350 as my next car. I bought a new Acura Integra last year with the intent to drive it long term. Fundamentally decent car (6-speed manual was a major plus) but it’s been beating me up with endless stupid little quality issues (misassembled interior parts, failed trim pieces, failed bushings, and soooo maaaannnny rattles). I know it’s just a fancy Civic but thought that would promote reliability, and I didn’t expect Acura to be as bad as they are at correcting failures. I hate wasting money and I hate giving up, but it might be worth it to make the problem go away this time. Anyway, I’m done whining!

I test drove an IS350 F-sport AWD last weekend and liked it. Seems like it would meet my need of a low-BS daily driver. Very obvious step up from the Acura even though it’s an older platform. (I see that as a plus.) I’m planning to go back for a longer drive in a RWD version for comparison. Not sure what I’m going to do, or even 100% sure I’ll do anything at all, but I figured I should browse here to see what I’d be getting myself into. Seems like the only thing to worry about immediately is upgrading the LCA bushings and doing an alignment? Weird problem to persist unaddressed by Lexus but not so bad if it’s known and easily handled.
Welcome!

I'll say this - the factory-fitted tires are not very good. They wear out pretty quickly, and they leave something to be desired in their performance capabilities, too. Even with the LCA bushing issues, better tires should last a bit longer. After switching tires on my 2016 IS 300 AWD, the set I switched to lasted me over 18k more miles and still had 6/32" of tread left before I traded it in. So, unless you are running a sporty summer tire, they should be good for many miles longer than the OE set.

AWD and RWD are quite different - the RWD version has a different transmission from AWD, and, having owned one of each, it does make quite a difference. The 8-speed upshifts a lot sooner in normal driving to help with fuel efficiency, and it shifts more quickly when driven hard. Also, the RWD version is lighter, and it can be noticeable.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!