IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-13, 04:42 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stitch626
Hello everyone,

New owner here as of 9/28/13 from lexus of pembroke pines!

2014 Lexus IS 350 F Sport w/Nav & Mark Levinson package
Silver Lining Metallic/Black

absolutely love the car and look forward to getting to know everyone here!
Let us know how you like the Mark Levinson! I have this option on order.
Old 10-10-13, 06:00 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Let us know how you like the Mark Levinson! I have this option on order.
I absolutely love it, it was this and the gauge that sold me on the F sport it's like a personal massage when the bass drops and vibrates my seats lol
Old 10-11-13, 02:48 AM
IS35OF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all.

I am from Australia and have just ordered a 2014 IS350 F Sport in White Nova (Ultra White) with Dark Rose (Roija Red) interior. I sold my 2011 IS350 F Sport in Pearl White Crystal Shine back in January to make way for the new purchase and have been slowly going insane with no Lexus to drive :P

I have optioned it with "Enhancement Pack 2" which includes Moonroof, Radar Active Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Safety System, Lane Keep Assist and Automatic High Beam.

Fortunately our IS350 F Sports come standard with virtually everything else such as Leather (no NuLuxe thank goodness), Ventilated Seats, Satellite Navigation, Mark Levinson Sound System, Memory Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring etc.

I think the only things we miss out on that aren't available are LED Headlights (Xenons are standard), Front Fog Lights, Power Rear Sunshade and Heated Steering Wheel options.

We do pay the earth for it all though, my IS350 F Sport including all taxes and on road costs was only a couple of hundred under $90,000 (best part of $85,000USD)

I can't wait to take delivery early in the new year
Old 10-12-13, 01:15 AM
Oxytocin
Driver

Originally Posted by IS35OF
Hi all.
I have optioned it with "Enhancement Pack 2" which includes Moonroof, Radar Active Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Safety System, Lane Keep Assist and Automatic High Beam.

Fortunately our IS350 F Sports come standard with virtually everything else such as Leather (no NuLuxe thank goodness), Ventilated Seats, Satellite Navigation, Mark Levinson Sound System, Memory Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring etc.

I think the only things we miss out on that aren't available are LED Headlights (Xenons are standard), Front Fog Lights, Power Rear Sunshade and Heated Steering Wheel options.

We do pay the earth for it all though, my IS350 F Sport including all taxes and on road costs was only a couple of hundred under $90,000 (best part of $85,000USD)

Dang, that's everything I wanted in my IS... with the power rear sunshade. I only want the sunshade cause it looks cool to me. It has no practical use in the IS since the design of the rear window blocks the majority of the sunlight from the rear passengers. And most IS drivers don't have rear passengers.

The lack of ventilated seats almost pushed me to the Luxury package instead of the F Sport. If UW was available in the lux package, I would have gotten that instead.
Old 10-12-13, 06:39 AM
IS35OF
Driver School Candidate

I would of liked the sunshade and heated steering wheel to really top it off - but as I said, they're unavailable here unfortunately

Front fog lights don't bother me, they're generally useless and actually illegal to use in non-foggy conditions here anyway....

The wait is killing me, but I'm sticking to my guns and waiting for a 2014 production vehicle..
Old 10-12-13, 07:38 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all.

I am from Australia and have just ordered a 2014 IS350 F Sport in White Nova (Ultra White) with Dark Rose (Roija Red) interior. I sold my 2011 IS350 F Sport in Pearl White Crystal Shine back in January to make way for the new purchase and have been slowly going insane with no Lexus to drive :P

I'm also waiting for mine and it'll probably be ~ December/January before I get it. I did get the rear power sun shade with all other options offered but I really wanted the cooled seats and memory function which US don't have.

Your car looks to be very well optioned and probably well worth the wait. Congratz on your purchase! What does BMW 3 series or Cadillac ATS cost there as comparison?
Old 10-12-13, 03:17 PM
IS35OF
Driver School Candidate

We don't have Cadillacs here at all...

We have the usual offerings from Germany - BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C Class and Audi A4

To get any of those optioned up to match the IS350 performance and feature wise you would have to fork out at least $120,000.

I priced a C300 with every option to make it equivalent in specification to the IS350 F Sport and it was pushing $130,000! A 335i fully optioned would be very similar I would imagine.

GS350 F Sport is around $110,000

LS460 F Sport is around $210,000

LS600h F Sport is around $240,000

Cars are so expensive here!
Old 10-14-13, 01:39 PM
georgeowls
Driver School Candidate

Hello All,

Current owner of 2004 IS 300 that is waiting on his 2014 IS order.

IS 350 F Sport RWD, Ultra White/Black Interior with Navigation.

Ordered on 7/5, supposed to hit NY port tomorrow finally and can't wait.

Haven't seen any 350 or F sports in the South Jersey/Philly area yet so if there's anyone from the area, let me know.
Old 10-15-13, 06:27 PM
norcalbay
Driver School Candidate

Hello, just got my IS F Sports a week ago. My first lexus or first luxury car for that matter. I just sold my evo X for the lexus.

2014 IS 350 RWD
Ultra white
Rojo Red
F Sports Package

Buying experience was one of the worst that i have ever experienced , other than that, this is an excellent vehicle. A4, 335 and G37 (Q50) and to some extend even S4 were strong contenders but am glad i got the IS. Coming off from an evo don't have any other luxury car to compare with in terms of ownership... so far i love it and comparing evo with IS would be apple and oranges.

I am glad to be part of this community.
Old 10-15-13, 06:38 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by norcalbay
Hello, just got my IS F Sports a week ago. My first lexus or first luxury car for that matter. I just sold my evo X for the lexus.

2014 IS 350 RWD
Ultra white
Rojo Red
F Sports Package

Buying experience was one of the worst that i have ever experienced , other than that, this is an excellent vehicle. A4, 335 and G37 (Q50) and to some extend even S4 were strong contenders but am glad i got the IS. Coming off from an evo don't have any other luxury car to compare with in terms of ownership... so far i love it and comparing evo with IS would be apple and oranges.

Congrats on the IS. Too bad on the bad sales experience. Hopefully that's behind you and you can be rewarded by the car's qualities. You definitely made the right choice. It's the best luxury sport sedan in its class now dethroning the unflappable 3-series, notwithstanding the legendary Lexus reliability. Compared to your Mitsubishi, the IS should be smoother, quieter and slightly more comfortable, but the Evo X (stick) should be a tad quicker 0-60/quarter mile. What's your feel on this?
Old 10-15-13, 07:24 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the club!
Old 10-15-13, 09:36 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

2014 IS 350 RWD
Ultra white
Rojo Red
F Sports Package

Nice, what part of the Bay Area are you in? Please say East Bay, lol. I want to be the only Ultra White on the peninsula.
Old 10-16-13, 06:46 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don't have Cadillacs here at all...

We have the usual offerings from Germany - BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C Class and Audi A4

To get any of those optioned up to match the IS350 performance and feature wise you would have to fork out at least $120,000.

I priced a C300 with every option to make it equivalent in specification to the IS350 F Sport and it was pushing $130,000! A 335i fully optioned would be very similar I would imagine.

GS350 F Sport is around $110,000

LS460 F Sport is around $210,000

LS600h F Sport is around $240,000

Cars are so expensive here!
Wow. I hope income is also high there!
Old 10-16-13, 12:08 PM
norcalbay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats on the IS. Too bad on the bad sales experience. Hopefully that's behind you and you can be rewarded by the car's qualities. You definitely made the right choice. It's the best luxury sport sedan in its class now dethroning the unflappable 3-series, notwithstanding the legendary Lexus reliability. Compared to your Mitsubishi, the IS should be smoother, quieter and slightly more comfortable, but the Evo X (stick) should be a tad quicker 0-60/quarter mile. What's your feel on this?
IS to Evo in terms of comfort can't be compared. Evo was my DD, although it was fast and a great handling car as a DD it was difficult to live with. you could feel every cracks on the road, interior was loud and alot of vibrations. After a long and stressful day at work driving home on an evo was a b****.

With that said if i have an opportunity to buy the Evo again i would buy it. It is a true drivers car

0-60 on an Evo is quicker ( i had a twin clutch though)

Originally Posted by Stitch626
Welcome to the club!
thanks

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
Nice, what part of the Bay Area are you in? Please say East Bay, lol. I want to be the only Ultra White on the peninsula.
That's right East Bay
Old 10-16-13, 12:32 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

IS to Evo in terms of comfort can't be compared. Evo was my DD, although it was fast and a great handling car as a DD it was difficult to live with. you could feel every cracks on the road, interior was loud and alot of vibrations. After a long and stressful day at work driving home on an evo was a b****.

With that said if i have an opportunity to buy the Evo again i would buy it. It is a true drivers car

0-60 on an Evo is quicker ( i had a twin clutch though)

thanks

That's right East Bay

Shoot, i won't be the first in the east bay with UW/RR Fsport 350!!

Which dealership did you go to? Was it magnussen? I plan on ordering from Stevens Creek. What was the issue (feel free to PM if you don't want it super public).

Congrats and welcome!!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!