IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-13 | 02:09 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Default Introducing myself a little late

Hey all,

I've been posting/lurking here for a month now. I will be getting a 2014 IS 350 F sport in Ultra White / Rioja Red w/Mark Lev Sound system soon...

I came from daily driving a '96 Honda Prelude... here she is below with 200k miles

Glad to be a part of this forum as a noob to LEXUS brand, and looking to slowly modding the new Lex tastefully over the years with some new wheels, nice clean kit, some bolt on engine mods and a drop...

Last edited by alexlude; 10-16-13 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-16-13 | 03:47 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Sorry Alex, I'm in the East Bay and I got my UW/RR over 2 months ago.

Originally Posted by alexlude
Shoot, i won't be the first in the east bay with UW/RR Fsport 350!!

Which dealership did you go to? Was it magnussen? I plan on ordering from Stevens Creek. What was the issue (feel free to PM if you don't want it super public).

Congrats and welcome!!
Old 10-16-13 | 08:03 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

hahah nice, what part of the east bay? I havent seen you around!
Old 10-16-13 | 09:15 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

hahah nice, what part of the east bay? I havent seen you around!
Fremont, you? Unfortunately I've already seen two other UW in Fremont area, both f sport, one was a 250 and other is unknown.
Old 10-16-13 | 11:01 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
Fremont, you? Unfortunately I've already seen two other UW in Fremont area, both f sport, one was a 250 and other is unknown.
hahah around the same area!! oh man.. hey its all good, i wouldnt say unfortunately (probalby only because of the color... but i dont mind others buying a 3IS as well.. )
Old 10-16-13 | 11:40 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

I'll be okay if you guys stick to the East Bay

Dark9t316, you're not a girl are you? Did you purchase it from Stevens Creek?
Old 10-17-13 | 07:22 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

I think my profile picture makes people think i'm a chic perhaps, the picture was taken by my wife, hence the name in the picture is not mine lol.

I bought the car from Roseville, Stevens Creek tried to make me feel like if I didnt pay MSRP and order one right away, I wont get the car for months.

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
I'll be okay if you guys stick to the East Bay

Dark9t316, you're not a girl are you? Did you purchase it from Stevens Creek?
Old 10-17-13 | 11:53 AM
Oxytocin
Driver

I think my profile picture makes people think i'm a chic perhaps, the picture was taken by my wife, hence the name in the picture is not mine lol.

I bought the car from Roseville, Stevens Creek tried to make me feel like if I didnt pay MSRP and order one right away, I wont get the car for months.
lol, I was just wondering because I bought my UW/RR 350 at Stevens Creek the same day someone bought the exact IS, I was told the person was in the East Bay. Thought it might have been you.
Old 10-18-13 | 06:38 AM
Arey350
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone I am new proud owner of a 2014 is350 F sport AWD , I got it in black with the light gray interior , I gotta say I love the car and it's a very fun car to drive , my favorite part of the car is the LFA inspired cluster all my friends freak out when the see it slide across .. lol ...
Old 10-21-13 | 07:00 AM
bayarea3is
Driver

Originally Posted by norcalbay
IS to Evo in terms of comfort can't be compared. Evo was my DD, although it was fast and a great handling car as a DD it was difficult to live with. you could feel every cracks on the road, interior was loud and alot of vibrations. After a long and stressful day at work driving home on an evo was a b****.

With that said if i have an opportunity to buy the Evo again i would buy it. It is a true drivers car

0-60 on an Evo is quicker ( i had a twin clutch though)
welcome to clublexus, i also came from an evo, no one can appreciate the car until theyve driven an evo for sure! great cars, i still have mine for fun and youre right, that car is not for DD, driving my lexus is like a night and day difference

Hey all,

I've been posting/lurking here for a month now. I will be getting a 2014 IS 350 F sport in Ultra White / Rioja Red w/Mark Lev Sound system soon...

I came from daily driving a '96 Honda Prelude... here she is below with 200k miles

Glad to be a part of this forum as a noob to LEXUS brand, and looking to slowly modding the new Lex tastefully over the years with some new wheels, nice clean kit, some bolt on engine mods and a drop...

Great looking prelude! those Endless brakes are money! haha

Last edited by bayarea3is; 10-21-13 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-23-13 | 09:52 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Hi everyone, a proud owner of new IS350 RWD --- non- F Sport in Atomic Silver with black interior. Included is luxury package. It is a Canadian model and so it comes with the headlamp washers.

Took delivery near the end of September but didn't have the time to do a full detailing until recently.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_4333.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_4324.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_4323.jpg  
Old 10-24-13 | 12:11 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Nice garage setup and great detail on a beaufiful 3IS!! What productus used for detailing?
Old 10-24-13 | 07:45 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Nice garage setup and great detail on a beaufiful 3IS!! What productus used for detailing?
Thanks for your compliment.

I used Iron X (for decontamination) followed by various products mainly from Zymol. In addition, some stuff were from Meguairs, Autogylm and Jeff Werkstatt.

The ramp setup was actually not for detailing but for clear bra installation and fog light bulb changeover. :P
Old 10-24-13 | 10:20 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Wow, Nice AndyL!

The Atomic Silver (and the way you detailed it) makes the IS look so fluid and precious. Like it's been carved from a solid chunk of polished brushed nickel.

And props to your garage and those ramps. Overall, car looks like a sculpted work of art worthy of display at a museum.
Old 10-24-13 | 10:22 AM
villefln
Driver School Candidate

hi everyone...

2014 is350 f-sport
mat red mica

unfortunately woke up to this
Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_1408.jpg
Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_1407.jpg

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!