IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-13, 01:20 PM
KumaF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NG3IS3F
When I first saw the car in pictures I thought it was hideous. I never thought I'd own one a few months later. I came from an 07 BMW 335i and couldn't be happier. It's just so smooth, comfortable and lots of gadgets. I can't stop staring at it. I would've loved to get the bright blue color but I guess it's not available here? Anyway, love the Grey/Red color combo. Also, if you're in the Dallas area looking for one of these ask for Dawn at Sewell. She's a personal friend, and she'll take great care of you.
Originally Posted by CtSFox
I am also switching from BMW 335 to grey/red 3IS, the car is being delivered next week. Glad to hear you love the car and color combo no that youu actually have the car. Good luck to you!
This is funny. It seems people who are switching from BMW to 3IS including myself tend to prefer the grey/red combo...Don't know if that tells something.
Old 12-05-13, 05:21 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaF
This is funny. It seems people who are switching from BMW to 3IS including myself tend to prefer the grey/red combo...Don't know if that tells something.
I know for me I wanted a sporty but somewhat subdued look. If I had gotten the 435i, the other car I was considering, I would have gotten the mineral grey/red interior. I liked the mineral grey (which is like Lexus granite smokey mica) somwhat better than the Nebula Grey. However, I think the Nebula will be easier to keep clean. As far as the red interiors, I like the Rioja Red much better that the BMW red. The Rioja is much less harsh and loud.
Old 12-05-13, 05:27 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if it's a German make thing. When I bought my S4, I ordered it in Silver. All my other previous cars have been white and one black (I will never buy another black car again. It's pretty just after a nice detail but any little dust or dirt shows up more than on a white or any other color.).
Old 12-06-13, 10:33 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts
Talking New Owner!!!

Hello all,
I am now the owner of my very first Lexus:
2014 IS 350 F Sport
Nebula Gray Pearl
Light Gray
Navigation
ML
BSM
VGRS

......super exited......
Old 12-06-13, 04:05 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doodlebug
Hello all,
I am now the owner of my very first Lexus:
2014 IS 350 F Sport
Nebula Gray Pearl
Light Gray
Navigation
ML
BSM
VGRS

......super exited......
Welcome! Nice color combination.
Old 12-07-13, 07:47 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iPinky
Packages in my 3IS include the F-Sport and Navigation System/Mark Levinson Premium Audio. Also with 18" black chrome wheels, BSM with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, auto-dimming exterior mirrors, trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks, rear bumper app.
Love Black on Black, but how did you get Black rims too!?

Were they a factory option or did the dealer paint them before delivery??
Old 12-08-13, 05:40 PM
iPinky
Driver

Originally Posted by dbs600
Love Black on Black, but how did you get Black rims too!?

Were they a factory option or did the dealer paint them before delivery??
Thanks! I just need to get my windows tinted, then he's all set.

Nope, not a factory option. Would be nice though. Rather, the black rims were done by a shop affiliated with the dealer. According to the dealer, the process takes about a week.
Old 12-09-13, 02:27 AM
mike927
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone, recently purchased my first car and first Lexus. Been saving up for an entire year and when the IS 250 came out felt as if the car released in the right time.

2014 Lexus IS 250 Pearl White
Nav/BSM

I hope to learn from many of you.

Last edited by mike927; 12-09-13 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-09-13, 09:35 AM
addienicho
Driver

best part about having a 3IS is seeing another one rollin up behind you looking beautiful but it sucks when they end up being 3 times your age literally. But congrats to all the new owners hope you enjoy (:
Old 12-09-13, 02:49 PM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello All,
Just got my first Lexus about 3 weeks ago..

2014 LEXUS IS250
Pearl White/Black
Navi
BSM
18' Wheels.
ETC..

I am pretty excited and loving it so far.
Old 12-09-13, 07:26 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

lmao I know exactly how you feel addienicho. Happened to me already when a black fsport literally blasted down the highway to catch up to me. gave him a thumbs up though!
Old 12-10-13, 03:46 PM
addienicho
Driver

haha i sometimes do that too. its nice seeing a fellow 3IS next to you but its been so rare for me.
Old 12-10-13, 04:04 PM
elbertc
Driver School Candidate

Hello Club Lexus!

I'm Elbert, from Manila Philippines. I am a restaurateur by profession.

Last week, I picked up my 2014 IS 350 F Sport in Mercury Gray with black interiors.

I am absolutely in love with this car. I am a BMW guy, btw. My stable used to be comprised of two Bimmers. not anymore.

Old 12-10-13, 04:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by elbertc
Hello Club Lexus!

I'm Elbert, from Manila Philippines. I am a restaurateur by profession.

Last week, I picked up my 2014 IS 350 F Sport in Mercury Gray with black interiors.

I am absolutely in love with this car. I am a BMW guy, btw. My stable used to be comprised of two Bimmers. not anymore.

Welcome to the club and congratulations on the 3IS, but more importantly making the switch from BMW. Beautiful shot of your car!
Old 12-13-13, 04:11 PM
Edgett
Driver School Candidate

Default 3IS Report

I bought a IS350 F-Sport at the end of July (Matador Red/Black, Nav/Mark Levinson) and traded an '07 335i. The IS has virtually all of the positive characteristics of the 335, but everything feels like a step up in quality. The BMW did have the big torque of the twin-turbo motor, but given that I moved from a six-speed manual to an 8-speed automatic, I really don't notice the difference. Love the way the IS drives around town, yet when you hammer it in the twisties, it's a great sport sedan. In particular, the HVAC system is leagues ahead of that in the BMW. We're thrilled with this car!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!