IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-15, 09:09 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by recck
Just got a 2015 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport in early July, my birthday present to myself.

2015 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport
Ultra White with black interior

Options (apart from F-sport)
  • blind spot monitoring
  • navigation system

Purchased from McDermott Lexus in East Haven, CT. Test drove it on a Tuesday, picked it up that Friday.

my girlfriend enjoyed the drive too
Congrats! Nice ride! Where in CT?? I also bought at McDermott and I'm in East Haven
Old 08-11-15, 09:12 AM
recck
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Congrats! Nice ride! Where in CT?? I also bought at McDermott and I'm in East Haven
Thanks! I live down in Milford. How was your experience at McDermott? Mine was really painless, no pressure whatsoever.
Old 08-11-15, 09:29 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by recck
Thanks! I live down in Milford. How was your experience at McDermott? Mine was really painless, no pressure whatsoever.
Ok. My experience was great! No pressure on their side - I actually put pressure on them That's how I ended up buying from them! They're right in town and I got a great deal I couldn't refuse!
Old 08-11-15, 09:31 AM
recck
Driver School Candidate

Ok. My experience was great! No pressure on their side - I actually put pressure on them That's how I ended up buying from them! They're right in town and I got a great deal I couldn't refuse!
I will definitely consider them in the future. They were quick to get me into the exact car I wanted, found it pretty difficult to find the 350 F-Sport in Ultra white here in CT. I've only seen a few of them throughout the state, mostly down in Fairfield County though.
Old 08-13-15, 05:34 PM
SummerRain
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, everyone. I am new to the forum and this is my very first Lexus in my life. I bought my IS 350 F Sport last month and finally got the appointment to have the Cilajet applied today.

It is the very popular combination, ultra white/rioja red, that many of you got here. It comes with ML, BSM and dynamic cruise control. Sadly I can't find any dealer with VGRS in stock around my area.

It is pretty much stock now. I only replaced all the interior lighting to LED, including the puddle light and reverse light.

Future mod includes:
1) Illuminated Door Sills
2) Ceramic Windows Tint
3) TBD

Old 08-19-15, 07:02 PM
miken1126
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Steve
Is350 AWD
Old 08-21-15, 07:59 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by miken1126
Steve
Is350 AWD
Nice Welcome to the 3IS club Make sure to check out the threads for Nebula Gray Pearl Owners below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...re-thread.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...re-thread.html
Old 08-22-15, 04:13 PM
is350fs15
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus & IS Newbie

I originally posted this in another thread (apparently in the wrong place), with minimal response. Decided to try again, here:

Hey, everyone! I'm just joining this forum after purchasing my first Lexus, an Ultra White on Black 2015 IS F Sport RWD, on 11 AUG 15, and wanted to let everyone know and join in on the fun! This car is my Retirement from the Army (23+ years; will be officially retired on 01JAN16) present to myself (and from my lovely wife*)! This is my second Toyota product (I also have a 2004 Toyota 4Runner with almost 180,000 miles - bought it with 160k+) and as I expected, I absolutely love it! After about half a day of ownership, I went from not wanting to change a thing on it, to having quite a little wishlist going, already. So far, I have had the dealer install the Xylon (not sure if this is a Lexus dealership-wide option or just a Hawaii thing) paint and interior protection, as well as 35% tint all around. I just received my Weathertech Digitalfit floor liners/mats, today, and will probably drop them in tomorrow, after a quick touch-up vacuuming. I also received the Heatshield sun screen for the windshield, yesterday, and it fits like a glove and works amazingly! As far as my wishlist, I have taken some cues, hints, and ideas from some of the members on this forum and it includes:

-ACE Alloy Convex 19x8.5 & 19x10 in Titanium (plan to either have them gloss clear powdercoated, or possibly gloss black)

or

-Velgen VMB5 19x9 & 19x10.5 (same powdercoating choices as above)
-gloss black chrome blackout/delete on grill and window trim
-RSR Down springs
-EZ Lip splitter/spoiler
-Japanese-spec (IS/F Sport) fog/driving lights (is there a kit for this?)

and the following Lexus Accessories:
-glass breakage sensor
-F-Sport Flat Tire Repair Kit
-F-Sport Performance Exhaust
-F-Sport Performance Air Intake
-F-Sport Shock Absorbers
-F-Sport Rear Spoiler
-Illuminated Door Sills
-F-Sport Key Gloves (currently have the Lexus key gloves)

Please feel free to let me know the hard facts, opinions, and ideas on any of these mods. I look forward to interacting with all of you and racking up many miles on my IS!

At the dealership, night of purchase.

The passenger's side, night of purchase.

First time out (day after purchase)

After detailing, Xylon, and tint

Last edited by is350fs15; 08-22-15 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures
Old 08-22-15, 04:33 PM
is350fs15
Driver School Candidate

Default 35% All Around

Lum64, I realize this post is a month old, but I wanted to give my 2 cents, in case you are still deciding on tinting. I have 35% all around, as that is the legal limit, here in HI. I have no issues at all viewing my BSM Indicators on the mirrors. Hopefully these pics will help you get an idea of what it looks like. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding this.

Originally Posted by Lum64
Hi members

Just bought my first Lexus

2015 is 350 f sport series 3 package

Black- obsidian

Black interior

Live in Canada so got awd

They threw in 3M front film paint protection

Bought paint protection (keep it shinny)

Debated tinting and only real option is 35

Thinking about it but not sure how dark it is and whether can see blind spot monitoring in side mirrors for example

Front 3/4 View

Mostly straight on from the side

Rear 3/4 View

Last edited by is350fs15; 08-22-15 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-22-15, 06:02 PM
is350fs15
Driver School Candidate

Question Ignorant Newbie

Hello, again. As you guys have probably already figured out, I'm a newbie to CL; only been on a few days now. I have been searching and trying to find out how to add a signature block to my posts. I tried FAQs and even How-Tos (didn't realize thay link was for the vehicles themselves, not the site), and searched all over my edit profile link and the User CP, but I can't find it. Someone please chime in and give a newbie a little friendly advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-15, 06:13 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is350fs15
Hello, again. As you guys have probably already figured out, I'm a newbie to CL; only been on a few days now. I have been searching and trying to find out how to add a signature block to my posts. I tried FAQs and even How-Tos (didn't realize thay link was for the vehicles themselves, not the site), and searched all over my edit profile link and the User CP, but I can't find it. Someone please chime in and give a newbie a little friendly advice. Thanks in advance.
Hello is350fs15! Welcome to ClubLexus! To edit your signature, go to "quick links", then click on "edit signature" under user control panel.

Regarding your car, nice choice there! Can't wait to see how your modifications will turn this car into a custom 3IS!
Old 08-22-15, 06:18 PM
is350fs15
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks Lexi90!

Lexi90, thanks for the welcoming, the compliments on the car, and the help with the signature block. I'm going to try that, now!

Hello is350fs15! Welcome to ClubLexus! To edit your signature, go to "quick links", then click on "edit signature" under user control panel.

Regarding your car, nice choice there! Can't wait to see how your modifications will turn this car into a custom 3IS!
Old 08-22-15, 06:19 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is350fs15
Lexi90, thanks for the welcoming, the compliments on the car, and the help with the signature block. I'm going to try that, now!
No problem! I like to help a new member out
Old 08-23-15, 01:00 PM
fsportSFV
Driver School Candidate

Default My 2015 is250 f sport follow me on ig ITSREGINALD_TAN I will follow back

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new 2014+ IS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (IS350, IS250, IS300h) and package (F-Sport, Premium, Luxury, etc)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options

and congratulations!
Old 08-23-15, 02:20 PM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts

No problem! I like to help a new member out
There are a lot of knowledgable people on this board and everyone seems willing to help out(like Lexi90). Almost any problem can be solved with help from this forum. I'm happy to be here 2

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!