IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-16, 07:55 AM
Gators
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello people, I'm new to the Lexus brand coming from Mazda. I just purchased a 2015 Is 350 F sport, and I love it! Hope it's as reliable and fun as my Speed 6 was.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpeg  
Old 01-04-16, 07:57 AM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gators
Hello people, I'm new to the Lexus brand coming from Mazda. I just purchased a 2015 Is 350 F sport, and I love it! Hope it's as reliable and fun as my Speed 6 was.
Gators - Welcome to the club! I am sure you will love your new IS.
Old 01-06-16, 09:53 AM
vr6trooper
Driver School Candidate

Default Brand new is200t owner

whats up everyone! so im new the Lexus scene and i couldnt be happier!

I was life long VW lover and owner and im happy i made the switch

heres my car

- IS200T - F SPORT and its NEBULA GREY with RED interior

so i have some questions since i some questions since i literally know nothing about Lexus. mainly tuner questions since i knew about 5 different really good VW sites for modding the cars

1) is there a major website modding? cosmetic and performance

2) is there any cool tricks to do to my stock car? like getting rid of all those annoying *** warnings that pop up on the dash when starting the car or turning to PANDORA and it says that there may be a data charge or whatever that is

3) does anyone else use the ENFORM REMOTE app? when i start my car from my phone, it turns off when i go to get in my car. thats stupid and pointless, then i get inside and have to start it again. is there a way to turn that off

but i would like to say how damn happy i am with this car, i love it so much. glad to join this forum and idk if i asked too many questions but any help will great. THANK YOU!
Old 01-09-16, 02:21 AM
Char3IS
Driver School Candidate

My name is Charles and picked up my '15 IS 350 FSport in September '15.
Nebula grey with Rioja Red Interior
Blind Spot Monitor
Navigation w/ Mark Levinson
Variable Gear Ratio Steering
PCS

Looking to slowly build this car and get some input and inspiration from other members. Looking forward to getting to know some of you!

Last edited by Char3IS; 01-09-16 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Pic
Old 01-10-16, 02:46 PM
ca45006
Driver School Candidate

Hello All,

I just got home with my new 2015 Lexus IS 350 F-Sport - RWD with 8-speed automatic in Matador Red Mica
Options:
Blind Spot Monitor
F-Sport Package
Variable Gear Ratio Steering
Navagation
Accessory Package

I live in Ohio but bought the car from a Lexus dealer in Dallas TX. Got an excellent year end deal since it was a left over 2015. I flew down to Dallas on Friday to pick it up. Drove it home on Friday / Saturday.

Some observations:

1.) Very confortable car to drive - especially on a long drive. Great seats.
2.) The Nav/Audio locked up a few times on the trip and I had to reboot it. I'm wondering if maybe it needs a firmware / software update? Also, I hate those first few screens that come up when you start the car. Need a way to get rid of those and speed up the start up of the nav/audio system.
3.) I was very suprised that the USB connection for playing music doesn't support any lossless codecs.
4.) Not sure why memory for the seats isn't an option with the F-Sport package. An almost 50k car should have memory seats standard.
Old 01-11-16, 11:54 AM
Darkside1S
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the obsidian/rojia 2016 IS300 F Sport from Peterson Lexus in Boise, Idaho (Northwest USA). I've been wading through cars for years to find the right fit. The trail of cars that I considered goes like: '53 Chevy truck, 911, G37 S, MGB, Z06, 300Z, A5, M4, M6, and many more... I went to Lexus after researching the M6. Someone posted, "If you can't handle the maintenance, go get a Lexus". The "maintenance" that they were referring to was replacing bottom crank bearings every 5K miles! After 600mi in the IS I realized that I don't need a sub 5 sec 0-60 car or one that can go 70mph around a 25mph corner. Each owner has to find their perfect match and for me it's the IS. I'm drooling over the pics of suspension drops and engine boosts, but I'll let those remain a fantasy. I'm more than delighted with how this one rolled out of the factory.
Old 01-18-16, 11:32 AM
Zman1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Darkside1S
I bought the obsidian/rojia 2016 IS300 F Sport from Peterson Lexus in Boise, Idaho (Northwest USA). I've been wading through cars for years to find the right fit. The trail of cars that I considered goes like: '53 Chevy truck, 911, G37 S, MGB, Z06, 300Z, A5, M4, M6, and many more... I went to Lexus after researching the M6. Someone posted, "If you can't handle the maintenance, go get a Lexus". The "maintenance" that they were referring to was replacing bottom crank bearings every 5K miles! After 600mi in the IS I realized that I don't need a sub 5 sec 0-60 car or one that can go 70mph around a 25mph corner. Each owner has to find their perfect match and for me it's the IS. I'm drooling over the pics of suspension drops and engine boosts, but I'll let those remain a fantasy. I'm more than delighted with how this one rolled out of the factory.
You are absolutely right. I liked the 4 series also, but was not interested in maintenance issues, either. This car is plenty fast enough.

Now the problem is that there are too many slow drivers!
Old 01-23-16, 08:02 PM
CarlitoIS
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey! To make this short, I leased a 2015 Lexus IS 250 last December 2014 for my wife, she loves the car, just recently she wanted something bigger for the baby so I had to get her an SUV. I had to trade in my beloved RX-8 and I'm now the one with the Lexus. I do miss the RX-8 and how it handled but I'm actually loving the IS even more. The car feels like it owns the road, and yes, sport mode is fun.

I'll be lurking around and posting from now on..
Old 01-26-16, 09:08 PM
wnguyen350
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys I just bought my 2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport last week on MLK Day. I got her in that beautiful ultrasonic blue mica 2.0! Traded my FRS in for the car, I'm going to miss driving stick but this car is really fun to drive and has way more room and way more practical. I work at a shop that specializes in paint protection/paint coatings in Rockville, MD so I am in the process of putting on Xpel and ceramic pro on the car. Our shop also does vinyl wrapping and tinting so I would be wrapping the roof, mirrors, trim and tinting the window as well. Here are some pics!

My new car and my old car

Starting to Xpel the Front end

Last edited by wnguyen350; 01-27-16 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-27-16, 05:54 AM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wnguyen350
Hey guys I just bought my 2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport last week on MLK Day. I got her in that beautiful ultrasonic blue mica 2.0! Traded my FRS in for the car, I'm going to miss driving stick but this car is really fun to drive and has way more room and way more practical. I work at a shop that specializes in paint protection/paint coatings called Driven Dynamics in Rockville, MD so I am in the process of putting on Xpel and ceramic pro on the car. Our shop also does vinyl wrapping and tinting so I would be wrapping the roof, mirrors, trim and tinting the window as well. Here are some pics!
Congrats on the new ride! What windows do you plan to do? Thinking of doing mine as well but I believe VA doesn't allow anything greater than 50%.
Old 01-27-16, 09:49 AM
cikasfm
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone, just joining the forum.

Bought this baby from Putnam Lexus ( Redwood City, CA ) back in September '14
- IS 250 F-Sport ( RWD ) + Nav all stock, now has over 22k miles on it
- Atomic Silver ext / Silver Gray int

Old 01-27-16, 05:47 PM
wnguyen350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Chris442
Congrats on the new ride! What windows do you plan to do? Thinking of doing mine as well but I believe VA doesn't allow anything greater than 50%.
Thanks man! I plan on doing Suntek CXP 45% on the side windows and 35% on the back window.
Old 02-01-16, 03:19 PM
cxiong
Driver School Candidate

Default New to Lexus Brand

Hi All,
Glad to be part of Club Lexus. I am a first-time owner of a Lexus. The day I bought this car, the temperature was -6 degrees F.

Here's a picture of my 2016 IS350 AWD F-Sport.

Last edited by cxiong; 02-04-16 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-03-16, 07:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Sweet rides all and big congrats on your new IS's!
Old 02-04-16, 08:45 AM
FURAIBO
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Hi everyone,

2014 IS 250 F SPORT White... slowly adding some parts and gimmicks.

Front bumper with LX-MODE carbon fog lamp garnish.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!