IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-16, 08:50 PM
wftreg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner

Just picked up a nice 2014 IS250 sport awd and I am just becoming familiar with it. I look forward to learning more about this vehicle.
Old 10-30-16, 05:05 PM
Slackbus
Driver

Just traded in my '13 ES300h for a '16 IS350 AWD / FSport 3 (Canadian Trim). Obsidian Black with the Rioja Red interior, tinted windows 30%, and tried their "paint protection finish".
Loving the car so far I've been playing with all of the driving modes, even Eco mode is a huge difference in driving compared to the last ride.
And my wife and I agree, these seats are much more comfortable than the ES was.. the bolstering hugs nicely.
Now I just have to get used the difference in gas usage
Old 11-03-16, 05:44 PM
Artisdeff
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Whip

Hey whats up guys
My Name is Aaron and i picked up a 2016 lexus is200t Fsport 3 months back. Im beyond stoked on this car. **** looks amazing exterior and interior. ive already done a couple things to it to make it mine.
-BMS intake
-RSR superdown lowering springs
-20% tint all around
- Carbon fiber wrapped my trunk lip.

Alot more modding to come. and lookin foward to meetin some guy already in the lexus scene.
Old 11-05-16, 09:55 AM
Markcma3
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Very nice brotha!

What else do you have planned for the car?
Originally Posted by BLASTER777
Sup every1 been lurking here for a long time found a lot of great info. Hadn't posted anything yet cause car was stock since I got it 12/15. Finally did a few things: 19x8.5 +45 Acanii wheels all around with Accelera PHI 225/35/19 front and 255/30/19 rear, Manzo(Megan Racing rebrand) lowering springs, muffler delete, Burger Tuning intake, 35% tint front windows and 20% back and rear. Lemme know what u guys think.
Old 11-05-16, 12:13 PM
timevans
Driver School Candidate

Hi my name is Tim and I am from SoCal. I have been a member for a while but I don't post any pics of my car because I did not have decent pictures of it. and now I think I do.. I drive a 2016 lexus is200t with red interior and my car is mostly stock. I'm still trying to save money for more car parts.

Old 11-05-16, 12:33 PM
Markcma3
Rookie

Hey Fam, just wanted to share some pics of my NON F-Sport build. Thanks!

Old 11-06-16, 04:44 AM
IS2504PD2
Driver School Candidate

Hello Club Lexus Members
I'm currently looking at a couple of CPO IS250's AWD
One is an Atomic Silver w/ Flaxen Interior with 33k miles
the other is Silver Lining w/ Black Interior with 27k miles
Both have the following packages;
Navigation and Luxury
Not certain f they have the All Weather Packages though.

My biggest question or concern is how are the front seat for long distance drives, say for about a 2 Hour Drive?
I currently have a car that i can not sit still in for and hour drive without ny lower back and upper thigh hurting. I also drive a Pick Up Truck Daily with an Hour to Hour and 15 Minute commute with no issues what so ever.

So just looking for a little feed back before i Trade in my POS Car

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11-06-16, 11:30 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by IS2504PD2
Hello Club Lexus Members
I'm currently looking at a couple of CPO IS250's AWD
One is an Atomic Silver w/ Flaxen Interior with 33k miles
the other is Silver Lining w/ Black Interior with 27k miles
Both have the following packages;
Navigation and Luxury
Not certain f they have the All Weather Packages though.

My biggest question or concern is how are the front seat for long distance drives, say for about a 2 Hour Drive?
I currently have a car that i can not sit still in for and hour drive without ny lower back and upper thigh hurting. I also drive a Pick Up Truck Daily with an Hour to Hour and 15 Minute commute with no issues what so ever.

So just looking for a little feed back before i Trade in my POS Car

Thanks in advance for your help.
Have you sat in and test drove the car yet? If you haven't done so, suggest you do so just to get a feel on the seats. They're sports seats, bolstered and snug. My car is a daily commuter and I sit in my car for an hour, two, sometimes three hours. I think the seats are great and love them although I do find I need to get out of the car after an hour or two.

So, only you can answer your question if you'd feel comfortable in snug seating for hours.
Old 11-06-16, 05:32 PM
IS2504PD2
Driver School Candidate

Yes I have made a couple of Test Drives but not for more then a 1/2 behind the wheel.
They do feel comfortable, snug but not overwhelmingly confiding.

Thanks for the reply Plxs

Last edited by IS2504PD2; 11-06-16 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-06-16, 11:22 PM
BLASTER777
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Markcma3
What else do you have planned for the car?
I'm considering the VR Tuned box for performance and for looks a rear diffuser and rear lip spoiler from ebay. Other than that I think I'll be done for now because it's a lease. If a really substantial ECU tune comes out and gets this car over the 330+ HP overcoming the throttle response lag from the stock software, then I might consider keeping it when the lease is up and then I'll sink some real money into it.
Old 11-09-16, 04:12 PM
jj1814
Driver School Candidate

Hey Folks...

Newbie here. My girlfriend and I just took delivery of her 2016 IS Turbo F-Sport Monday. I wont bombard you with a bunch of pics cause I'm sure you've seen 'em all several times over in stock form, but here's one from delivery day. Can't wait to get immersed in the forums.

Old 11-09-16, 04:30 PM
Markcma3
Rookie

Go to vividracing.com look up your car and there are dyno runs for the IS350 posted their. When checking out use code MARKCMA3 for a discount!

Originally Posted by BLASTER777
I'm considering the VR Tuned box for performance and for looks a rear diffuser and rear lip spoiler from ebay. Other than that I think I'll be done for now because it's a lease. If a really substantial ECU tune comes out and gets this car over the 330+ HP overcoming the throttle response lag from the stock software, then I might consider keeping it when the lease is up and then I'll sink some real money into it.
Old 11-12-16, 07:39 PM
clov3r
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just picked up my new (to me) IS350.
2014 IS350 F Sport
Navi, ML, rear cross traffic alert

Love the car so far! Came from a 2013 VW GTI... great car, tons of fun to drive.... horrible reliability! I love the way the Lexus is from the factory, but plan on doing some small tasteful mods, and also want to upgrade the amp and sound processor for the sound system to get more clarity and a bit more power out of it (holy run on sentence batman!). Overall love the car! Will be browsing around the forums to see what y'all have done w/ your cars.

Old 11-21-16, 09:17 PM
MBPhotos91
Driver School Candidate

Talking In love with my new car!

Hey everyone! I'm Michael from Southern California and I just leased my first Lexus! First luxury car at that, and I'm stoked! Previously I had an 03' Jetta (first car, didn't have much choice in it lol!) then into a lease on a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited, then I was buying my old man's 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 off of him to continue doing shows, meets and charity events with our club since he was over it. But, now I'm working sales and don't get to do any weekend events so figured it was time to get into something lower on the cop magnet scale and more daily driver minded. So I picked up a 2016 VW Golf GTi. That lasted about a month and then some dummy tried to make a U-Turn RIGHT in front of me without looking and I plowed straight into him, totaling both our vehicles. Luckily the car did it's job and I got out with a sore nose, broken right thumb, a couple air bag burns, a bruised rib and the steering wheel VW logo branded onto my left forearm. Yes, literally branded LOL!

So anyway, right as this happened I heard that the 2017 IS was announced and hitting dealer lots soon, so as insurance was dealing with that whole headache, I waited for this baby. 2017 IS 200T F-Sport. Ultra white with the Rioja Red interior. Fully loaded minus the ML sound upgrade and parking sensors. I gotta say, I'm in love with the car and all of the updates!

I plan to keep it somewhat stock. Plan being the key word, I tend to get the mod bug itch lol! I'm thinking i'll black out the roof and mirrors, possibly the spoiler. And of course tint will be first and done in the next month or so. May do wheels, but we'll see.

Old 11-22-16, 02:31 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by MBPhotos91
Hey everyone! I'm Michael from Southern California and I just leased my first Lexus! First luxury car at that, and I'm stoked! Previously I had an 03' Jetta (first car, didn't have much choice in it lol!) then into a lease on a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited, then I was buying my old man's 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 off of him to continue doing shows, meets and charity events with our club since he was over it. But, now I'm working sales and don't get to do any weekend events so figured it was time to get into something lower on the cop magnet scale and more daily driver minded. So I picked up a 2016 VW Golf GTi. That lasted about a month and then some dummy tried to make a U-Turn RIGHT in front of me without looking and I plowed straight into him, totaling both our vehicles. Luckily the car did it's job and I got out with a sore nose, broken right thumb, a couple air bag burns, a bruised rib and the steering wheel VW logo branded onto my left forearm. Yes, literally branded LOL!

So anyway, right as this happened I heard that the 2017 IS was announced and hitting dealer lots soon, so as insurance was dealing with that whole headache, I waited for this baby. 2017 IS 200T F-Sport. Ultra white with the Rioja Red interior. Fully loaded minus the ML sound upgrade and parking sensors. I gotta say, I'm in love with the car and all of the updates!

I plan to keep it somewhat stock. Plan being the key word, I tend to get the mod bug itch lol! I'm thinking i'll black out the roof and mirrors, possibly the spoiler. And of course tint will be first and done in the next month or so. May do wheels, but we'll see.

First 2017 looks amazing!! cant wait for mine

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!