IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-16, 02:46 PM
MBPhotos91
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r
First 2017 looks amazing!! cant wait for mine
thank you! I absolutely love it, and personally I think the face-lift was very well executed. I know there are many mixed feelings, but for my taste, everything was an upgrade for me.
Old 11-23-16, 04:09 PM
PattiPatti
Driver School Candidate

Default Happy Thanksgiving with a new (2016) IS350 F-Sport

Greetings everybody. My name is Patti and I just adopted a 2016 IS350 F-Sport in Redline/black leather and couldn't be more pleased to find this online group after being a member of the Infiniti online groups for the past 6 yrs (G37x and Q50 AWD). So hello!

I chose the 2016 over a 2017 for financial reasons, my IS has 5500 miles on it, driven by the dealership owner's wife. It is spotless inside and out, and it was a great offer, so I drove it off the showroom floor. I am leasing for 36 months.

i plan to mod it the exact same way as I did both my Infinitis: Monday I take her in to get the windows tinted, and then I am smoking my head, tail and mirror lights with charcoal overlay. (I use Andy Mercado/BlueBatmobile's laser cut overlay kits. Awesome fit and I get them professionally installed.)

I'm debating PlastiDip-ping the rear emblems and maybe blackout the strip of chrome over the front grill. I think that'll look cool on the Redline. Will post photos of the car on the appropriate forum when done.

I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago and glad to meet y'all!
Old 11-23-16, 08:46 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by MBPhotos91
thank you! I absolutely love it, and personally I think the face-lift was very well executed. I know there are many mixed feelings, but for my taste, everything was an upgrade for me.
same i either want ultrasonic blue and chateau or caviar and rioja red i dont now which one...
Old 11-24-16, 08:09 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,875 Likes on 1,957 Posts

Hey all, new member here. I got my new '16 IS 300 about a month ago and have been having a blast so far. Enough I thought I might like jumping on the forums.

Here's a quick album for more pics of it:
https://www.clublexus.com/g/album/6698021

Anyway I have always liked going for drives on back roads and such when I get antsy or just have a long day at work, and my previous cars never really did that activity justice - my last car was a '15 Camry, to give you an idea. I didn't keep it that long because, well, I wanted to actually enjoy driving my car but still drive something that made sense to take to work every day. Hence, the IS 300: Atomic Silver, with the F Sport package. Looking forward to chatting about various shenanigans with this thing as well as yours.

Btw, MBPhotos91, that '17 model looks sick in white with the F Sport trim. I wasn't really a fan of white on the pre-refresh, but that one is nice.
Old 11-26-16, 04:40 PM
MBPhotos91
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arentz07
Btw, MBPhotos91, that '17 model looks sick in white with the F Sport trim. I wasn't really a fan of white on the pre-refresh, but that one is nice.
Thank you! I was trying to avoid white, I personally like it but I really wanted the blue or possibly the silver lining, but my broker found this one for me and shot me pics and I loved it on the refresh a lot more so I went for it haha. enjoy yours! I know I'm sure enjoying mine!
Old 11-27-16, 04:15 AM
Multifuel
Driver School Candidate

Default IS 350 F-Sport owner (2014-24kmiles)

Finally got my dream machine! Been looking for a bit and always loved the iS models; finally caught a break and got a great deal on a CPO model. Purchased yesterday as a birthday present for myself. Over been driving 09 f150 Lariat last 6 years and while it is a great truck (especially since the Bilstein shocks and Michelin's were installed) it's a truck and I have had my eyes on these cars for a while. I drove several and the Audi A4 sport was my 2nd choice after this showed up and I was able to get it in mid 30's at great rate!

It's silver with red interior, stunning combo and with the Mark Levinson stereo sounds great.

As it's bone stock I would like to add a little power where I can grab it so I guess a cai, cat back and tune will be what's next? I'm fairly ignorant with this subject as I have been in trucks most of my 26 years of driving and this is my first enthusiast car so I look forward to maximizing is potential (within reason-ride quality) and look forward to actually having fun behind the wheel ( and do better than 14-18 mpg babying it).

I will start looking through the forums but right of the bat any advice on a combination setup of cai and exhaust recommendations is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and look forward to "meeting" the members of this forum!
Old 11-27-16, 04:35 PM
geigerbran
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the club
Old 11-28-16, 05:24 AM
PattiPatti
Driver School Candidate

Welcome to the Club! I'm new, too! See my tale a couple of posts ahead of yours. Where in MO, BTW?
Old 11-30-16, 12:17 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Originally Posted by PattiPatti
Welcome to the Club! I'm new, too! See my tale a couple of posts ahead of yours. Where in MO, BTW?
Hi!

I'm in Kansas City (if you're talking to me)
Old 12-01-16, 07:30 AM
PattiPatti
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arentz07
Hey all, new member here. I got my new '16 IS 300 about a month ago and have been having a blast so far. Enough I thought I might like jumping on the forums.

Here's a quick album for more pics of it:
https://www.clublexus.com/g/album/6698021

Anyway I have always liked going for drives on back roads and such when I get antsy or just have a long day at work, and my previous cars never really did that activity justice - my last car was a '15 Camry, to give you an idea. I didn't keep it that long because, well, I wanted to actually enjoy driving my car but still drive something that made sense to take to work every day. Hence, the IS 300: Atomic Silver, with the F Sport package. Looking forward to chatting about various shenanigans with this thing as well as yours.

Yes, that was me asking about your whereabouts in MO. My husband is from KC and was just here over the Thanksgiving holiday visiting his family. He's from the outskirts of KC near Raytown, BYW. Nice to meet you!
Old 12-01-16, 01:23 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Originally Posted by PattiPatti
Yes, that was me asking about your whereabouts in MO. My husband is from KC and was just here over the Thanksgiving holiday visiting his family. He's from the outskirts of KC near Raytown, BYW. Nice to meet you!
Wow, I live just outside Raytown as well. Small world I guess.
Old 12-03-16, 01:42 PM
Keithwuuuu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My my name is Keith from Los Angeles, CA. I drive a 2014 is350 in ultra white with black interior
current mods- bcracing coilovers, black vinyl roof, grimmspeed plate relocator, injen short ram intake, arkperformance grip catback exhaust, seibon diffuser, 6k led interior, alpine sub and amp
future mods- air ride suspension (on the way), work zeast st1 (on the way), aimgain lip and skirts, upgraded sound system, and VIP interior
Old 12-04-16, 07:02 PM
tooth322
Rookie

Hi,

I'm Tim and I own a 2016 IS300 F Sport in Ultra White with black interior. I have almost every option attached to my car. The only things I'm lacking are the F Sport lowering springs and intake. I just got my windows tinted.

Last edited by tooth322; 12-04-16 at 07:16 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 12-06-16, 06:31 PM
JimMcDuffy
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys!

Just picked up my 2014 is350 F-Sport last Friday as a B-day present for myself! It is Nebula Gray with Black Interior. I wanted to go with Obsidian but didn't find one with black interior to go with it within 100 miles.

I am located in Kenosha, WI and haven't really found much of a Lexus following anywhere nearby so I'm definitely interested in finding a group somewhere soon. My previous car was a 2013 Kia Optima LX. Modded that one decently and looking to do some light mods to this one. Excited to see what this forum has to offer and looking forward to looking at all your awesome cars!

Dan
Old 12-07-16, 06:54 PM
Devinci
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone,

I've been reading all the posts on Club Lexus for quite some time, but I figured now's the time to join as I will be an IS owner very shortly.

From southern Ontario, Canada.

I just made the leap into the World of Lexus and signed the papers yesterday. Feels kind of odd that I'm buying a new Lexus in December, but I just had to get a 2017 IS.

So I just purchased a 2017 IS 350 F-Sport Series 3 in Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0. Unfortunately, there are no pictures yet as the dealer I purchased it from does not have one in stock. There is one at another dealership about an hour's drive away. They are just verifying whether it has already been sold or not. If not, they said that I'll be the first one in Canada with a 2017 IS 350 in Ultrasonic Blue. Otherwise, they have 3 of them on a boat coming from Japan as we speak. I should be able to get one of those by early January if I can't get the one from the other dealership.

Will add some pics as soon as I pick it up.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!