IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-13, 10:17 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rear looks terrible - interior and front look great
Old 01-11-13, 10:24 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Pete, this thread is for discussion of the new images of the 3is and our members feedback. Please start a new thread to prognosticate or have a detailed discussion about potential sales. Pm me if you want to discuss.
Old 01-11-13, 10:35 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation FYI for All...

Originally Posted by spwolf
yeah... Lexus said that non f-sport will have different grille (smaller).
Correct...!!! See my post number 304 ??

Pretty much showing what the basic Non F-Sport ISx50 will look like....!!!

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Great theory... Here is the answer.....!!!

You can see Upper & Lower grill differences, plus bonus Fog Lights, PLUS regular non-LED headlamp housings..!!

You saw it here "First" & "Officially" (covered up) LoL

More clading below, but you can see the same grills + headlamps on + fog lamps...

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z
Old 01-11-13, 10:37 AM
chowner
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn the new IS looks sick ! Anyone know what the release date for this car? Rough idea would work too.
Old 01-11-13, 10:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by chowner
damn the new IS looks sick ! Anyone know what the release date for this car? Rough idea would work too.
i am hoping before memorial day weekend
Old 01-11-13, 11:05 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
But the discussion of how they look translates into how they will sell.
we'll just agree to disagree. looks are subjective, and many cars that appear fugly to me have sold very well.

i'm looking forward to seeing the non f-sport IS (sorry joe z, can't tell hardly at all from those camo'ed ones) and seeing more of all kinds in colors other than white.
Old 01-11-13, 11:10 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by chowner
Some preliminary data I have received suggests Late Spring 2013 for the 2014 Lexus IS to hit the dealerships....

~ Joe Z
Old 01-11-13, 11:37 AM
Davidcv4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i definitely like the front-end, and i can see some similarities to the LFA with the sides leading into the valance in the rear...very nice indeed
Old 01-11-13, 11:44 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MashinA
exactly!

I feel like a lot of people are pissed, that they just bought 2011 or 2012 IS and now really like this car, but since it wouldn't really be rational to get it right now, they try to find reasons to make themselves hate it lol. Because lets face it...the car is beautiful!

Not really, I just bought my 2012 Fsport and if I liked the 2014 I would just go and get it the first day it comes out. What makes you think someone who could afford to buy a 2011 or 2012 cant afford a 2013/2014???

People really DON'T like the car because they don't like the car, and a lot of you need to stop trying to come up with reasons as to why people don't like the car.

Its ugly in pictures, yes, not everyone likes the car, it isn't beautiful in any way except the interior. Will my mind change once I see it in person? Perhaps and I hope so.
Old 01-11-13, 12:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Guys again a reminder this thread is about the 3IS pics and not sales commentary or personal digs ( cleaned up).
Old 01-11-13, 12:37 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I have been around Lexus forums a long time, not as long as Blueprint and the crew obviously, but the story is always the same.

1. New model is coming out, people post pages upon pages of all the things they hope it will be, want it to be, etc. The vast majority of those things are completely unrealistic.
2. Pictures get leaked, invariably right before the big reveal.
3. Everybody freaks out, "OMG, its so hideous, Lexus has shot themselves in the foot with this one, I would never trade my 1991 ES250 in on that thing", "thank God we have our *insert previous generation of aforementioned model here*, we better keep them forever because Lexus will never build another car that we want to drive". "My car is the epitome of everything Lexus could have designed, if they would just make the new car look more like my car, it'd be hot."
4. People do all kinds of photoshops to make the car look like what they wished it looked like. Most look horrible...some look surprisingly good.
5. People see the car in person...and it looks better than in pictures. The honest folks will post this. Bedlam ensues, people get banned, moderators turn on moderators.
6. The model comes out and...people buy it. It sells better than the previous model!
7. A new subforum pops up, full of happy next generation owners and the community prospers.

And it all happens again...and again...and again. Don't believe me? Read the thread in every subforum about every new version of a model that comes out.

It'll be fine guys, trust me!
This should be in the FAQ
Old 01-11-13, 01:03 PM
ntocamping
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Sedan proportions dictate that the edge where the glass and C-pillar meet must be above the center of the rear wheel.

I think all this car needs is bigger wheels:

And of course Lexus marketing being stupid enough to show a car with such complex design lines in white doesn't help things. Removing the skirt curve is not a good idea. What you don't see in your image is that there is a lot of wonderful form language going on down there, one does not simply photoshop that out.

I think this photo looking down shows the great lines on the IS. I like it a lot but just not sure if I like the huge black grill on the white car. To me this is a homerun and makes the 2IS very dated. Agree with other posters that the 2IS was too feminine. The 3IS changes that 100%
Old 01-11-13, 01:18 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by ntocamping
I think this photo looking down shows the great lines on the IS. I like it a lot but just not sure if I like the huge black grill on the white car. To me this is a homerun and makes the 2IS very dated. Agree with other posters that the 2IS was too feminine. The 3IS changes that 100%
Yeah it actually looks good in this angle. Nike swoosh don't look that bad, before you know it Hyndai will start copying.
It will be a bummer to install front license plat for Fsport model, Lexus doesn't provide mounting option with that grill.
Old 01-11-13, 01:23 PM
ntocamping
Rookie

Originally Posted by dojoman
Yeah it actually looks good in this angle. Nike swoosh don't look that bad, before you know it Hyndai will start copying.
It will be a bummer to install front license plat for Fsport model, Lexus doesn't provide mounting option with that grill.
Cops will be so mesmerized by the front end having a plate or not wont even enter their mind. They wll be looking at how awesome the grill looks.
Old 01-11-13, 02:17 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ntocamping
To me this is a homerun and makes the 2IS very dated.
I don't think it really makes the 2IS look dated, as the 2IS is currently the best looking compact luxury/sport sedan on the road (IMO) <-- looks far from dated.. but the 3IS is defiantly a stunner.

Quick Reply: 2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)