IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-13, 11:11 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. The new IS looks amazing. Im digging the new exterior look. The interior is not bad too. I can only imagine how the ISF will look like. Cant wait.
Old 01-09-13, 11:13 AM
MamadIS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man i've been reading on different forums about the new IS and almost everyone thinks its fugly . i personally like the look not sure why everyone hates it
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I had warned Lexus when I was looking at the car in August that the tail lights may not appeal to a lot of people. I hated them when I first saw it but they have grown on me since. I actually hated the grill too!
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

Lots more interior pics on Autoblog site. After carefully looking I think interior looks really cheap and dash doesn't flow at all. I have a lot less interest in the car now.
Old 01-09-13, 11:23 AM
rc2o6
Driver

I really like the new look. I'm also excited to see what's in store for the next-gen IS-F
Old 01-09-13, 11:26 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Old 01-09-13, 11:26 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

This is pretty aggressive as is, and I'm really looking forward to how the IS F will look in the upcoming years. It's great to see Lexus incorporate even more with what the consumer wants. The folding rear seats, more driver-based experience, along with the LFA cues from the steering wheel to the wheels- all of this will sure make the 3IS very intriguing.

The spindle grille and the horizontal interior design is seen across the IS, GS, and LS vehicles, which I personally like. And those headlights...I'm already imagining a retrofit for the F.
Old 01-09-13, 11:30 AM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-...photo-5548000/

autoblog hd pictures 2014 lexus is350 fsport
Old 01-09-13, 11:30 AM
Bildilla
Driver

Lexus Europe:
FIRST OFFICIAL PICTURES OF THE NEXT GENERATION LEXUS IS
• All-new exterior featuring Lexus spindle grille design and independent L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
• New interior design with LFA-inspired, driver-focused cockpit
• F SPORT exclusive interior/exterior features
Brussels, Belgium - The all-new Lexus IS will make its world debut at the Detroit Motor Show on January 15th 2013. A press conference will be held in the Cobo Centre at 9.30am, and live webcast streaming of the event will be available at http://www.lexus-global.com.
The all-new IS model range for Europe will include the IS 250 and the IS 300h, the first IS to feature Lexus Hybrid Drive, both models being also available with a further evolution of the F SPORT package.
Today, Lexus released photos of the all new IS in advance of next week’s World Premiere. High resolution pictures can be downloaded on the Lexus European newsroom: http://newsroom.lexus.eu.

EXTERIOR DESIGN
Inspired by the acclaimed LF-CC concept, the all-new IS features the bold Lexus spindle grille frontal design, awarding the compact sedan a combination of aggressive elegance, a more powerful road presence and a stronger brand identity.

In profile, the mass of the cabin is concentrated rearwards and a rising line flowing from the lower body into the rear lamp clusters adds further elegance and dynamism.

The exterior design incorporates a new, powerfully articulated headlamp cluster design with Lexus trademark and L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL) located independently below.

INTERIOR DESIGN
Featuring a clean and elegant design theme, the cabin provides a driver-focused, ergonomically ideal environment.
The new IS’s increased width and wheelbase length provide significantly increased levels of rear seat comfort and luggage capacity. The combination of extended wheelbase and a thinner front seat design generates best-in-class knee room and improved accessibility. The IS also features new, 60:40 split/folding seats.
The newly designed driver’s seat offers greater comfort and better lateral support. Both the seat hip point and the angle of the new, LFA-inspired steering wheel have been lowered and steering reach adjustment increased, creating a more sporting driving position.
Cabin material, trim and finish refinement are complimented by the latest advances in HMI technology and a high quality analogue clock with surface-emitting illumination. The centre console incorporates Lexus first, electrostatic switches to control the air conditioning temperature with the touch of a finger.

EXCLUSIVE F SPORT DESIGN FEATURES
F SPORT models are instantly recognised by an exclusive grille and front bumper design. The ‘waistline’ of the grille is higher than on standard models, increasing the area of the lower grille to make it capable of drawing in a larger volume of cooling air appropriate to a sportier performance.
The IS F SPORT also features an exclusive, highly supportive seat design using an ‘integrated foaming’ construction method, ensuring that there are no gaps between seat upholstery and filling to combine excellent comfort with outstanding lateral holding performance.
F SPORT models also inherit the innovative driver’s meter with moving centre ring from the LFA.
Old 01-09-13, 11:31 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Interior looks good, exterior looks
Old 01-09-13, 11:34 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really feeling this. Hate the grill, not a fan of the new headlights either, at least this saves me $$ on not trading in my F for a 2014 when it comes out
Old 01-09-13, 11:39 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Looks like crap. Also going to be bigger and heavier.
Old 01-09-13, 11:41 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs up Oh yeah!!!!!

DAMN! I love it !
I can't wait for the IS coupe (cc, rc whatever they're going to call it)

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The back looks like the GS
much more aggressive though

Originally Posted by Blueprint
If you want boring, safe, sedate, the IS is not for you. [/IMG]

The rear also has the sharp tails like the concept
people have been moaning and bi$ching that lexus is plain and now they come out with this and people are moaning and bi$ching that it's too aggressive....gah

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Heck, if you ask me, I'm surprised that Lexus was able to keep the production unit as close to the concept version as possible.
I'm very happy that Lexus stuck to it's concept form

Originally Posted by MamadIS
man i've been reading on different forums about the new IS and almost everyone thinks its fugly . i personally like the look not sure why everyone hates it
Who gives a sh%t what other forums/people say. If you like it, that's all it matters.
I'm lovin' it
Old 01-09-13, 11:41 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The official nick name for this gen IS is: Football face (with tiny Asian slanted eyes)
Attached Thumbnails 2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)-350.jpg   2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)-3501.jpg  

Last edited by BNR34; 01-09-13 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-09-13, 11:47 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Official Lexus USA Press Release link, below in blue...

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Official Lexus USA Press Release link, below in blue...

Lexus Releases First Official Photos of the Next Generation IS
  • All-new exterior featuring Lexus spindle grille design and Lexus-first independent L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

• New interior design with LFA-inspired, driver-focused cockpit

• F SPORT exclusive interior/exterior features

TORRANCE, Calif. (Jan. 9, 2013) -

The all-new Lexus IS compact sport sedan will make its world debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Jan. 15, 2013. A press conference will be held in the Cobo Center at 9:30 a.m. EST, and live webcast streaming of the event will be available at www.lexus.com and on the Lexus Facebook page.

The all-new IS model range will include IS 250, IS 350, and the first IS to feature Lexus Hybrid Drive, the IS 300h, which will be available in Europe, Japan and other international markets. F SPORT models will be available across the full range. Today, Lexus released photos of the all-new IS 250/350 F SPORT in advance of next week’s World Premiere.

• Exterior Design
The all-new IS features the new Lexus spindle grille frontal design, awarding the compact sedan a combination of aggressive elegance, a more powerful road presence and a stronger brand identity.

The tight, sporting proportions of the body are formed by powerful character lines generated by the shape of the spindle grille, which passes through the base of the A-pillars then tightens up as it flows toward the rear. They clearly delineate the body from the cabin, emphasizing the wide flare of the wheel arches to give the new IS a broad, powerful stance.

In profile, the strong horizontal beltline shows off the large rear tires and its low center of gravity. The mass of the cabin itself is concentrated rearwards, visually applying weight to the rear tires to enhance the perception of traction.

A rising crease line flowing from the lower body, through the rear wheel arch and into the rear lamp clusters adds the sweeping elegance to the sedan’s sporty profile.

The exterior design incorporates a new, powerfully articulated headlamp cluster design with Lexus trademark, L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL) located independently below.

F SPORT models are instantly recognized by an exclusive grille and front bumper design. The ‘waistline’ of the grille is higher than on standard models, increasing the area of the lower grille to make it capable of drawing in a larger volume of cooling air appropriate to sporty performance.

• Interior Design
The new IS interior design creates a focused, ergonomically ideal environment from within, which the driver can fully exploit the new Lexus compact sedan’s superb driving dynamics.

The new IS’ increased width and longer wheelbase provide significantly improved rear seat comfort. The combination of the extended wheelbase and a thinner front seat design generates best-in-class knee room and improved accessibility. And new, 60:40 split/folding rear seats, provide expansive luggage capacity.

Cabin material, trim and finish refinement is complimented by the latest advances in HMI technology and a high quality analog clock with surface-emitting illumination. The center console incorporates Lexus-first, electrostatic switches to control the air conditioning temperature with the touch of a finger.

Both the seat hip point and the angle of the new, LFA-inspired steering wheel have been lowered and steering reach adjustment increased, creating a more sporting driving position. F SPORT models feature the LFA’s innovative driver’s meter with a moving center ring.

F SPORT trim detailing includes a perforated leather finish to the steering wheel and shift ****, metal film 3-D-effect ornamentation, black seat stitching, and aluminium pedals and scuff plates.

A choice of three F SPORT interior color schemes includes a new Rioja Red finish, which is exclusive to the marque.

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
And Video of the Lexus IS350 in F-Sport trim.....!!!

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-09-13 at 12:18 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 LEXUS IS Official Debut Discussion (merged threads)