IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Mark Levinson in 2014 IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 05:38 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by palidino
So the Fsport package will include fsport amenities, ML, navi and more(maybe)?
Oh, no no-- what I meant is that you can order the ML package on an IS with the F-Sport package- the two packages do not conflict.

However, if you want ML, it is not a standalone option. In order to get ML, you must also get Navigation.
Old 03-13-13, 05:39 PM
LSIII
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they mean that you can add the ML package to a F-Sport package car, but it will also force you to add the NAV package. So you could chose F-Sport, F-Sport with Nav, or F-Sport with NAV and ML.
Old 03-13-13, 05:47 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

But if the past is any indication, if you find an f sport or even a non f sport the dealers lot with Nav 9 times out of 10 if will not have ML
Old 03-13-13, 06:54 PM
player1
Driver

I specified to the dealer that I wanted an F-sport with NAV and even then he said an ML may not be possible, kind of BS IMO.
Old 03-14-13, 07:22 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Oh, no no-- what I meant is that you can order the ML package on an IS with the F-Sport package- the two packages do not conflict.

However, if you want ML, it is not a standalone option. In order to get ML, you must also get Navigation.
ML is listed as an individual option on the current IS and GS, doesnt require navigation. My 06 IS350 has sport package + ML, no nav, wasnt a special order
Old 03-14-13, 08:30 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
But if the past is any indication, if you find an f sport or even a non f sport the dealers lot with Nav 9 times out of 10 if will not have ML
That I don't know about, sorry-- it may be an allocation thing where the dealers in your area do not have high demand for ML and therefore do not order many with it?

Originally Posted by player1
I specified to the dealer that I wanted an F-sport with NAV and even then he said an ML may not be possible, kind of BS IMO.
I am positive that ML is available on the IS when you take F Sport package.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
ML is listed as an individual option on the current IS and GS, doesnt require navigation. My 06 IS350 has sport package + ML, no nav, wasnt a special order
The 2014 IS has an all new multimedia/audio system. The ML option is no longer a standalone option and is available with Navigation only.
Old 03-14-13, 11:42 AM
Appleman
Rookie

This is what my dealer told me:

Standard F-Sport:
F-Sport wheels, badging, steering wheel, adaptive variable suspension, aluminum scuff plates, the basics

Premium Package:
All of the above plus heated steering wheel, heated/cooled seats, navigation with backup camera and power moonroof.

Executive Package:
All of the above plus Mark Levinson, Pre-Collision System, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic alert, Dynamic Cruise and Power Rear Window Shade.

I didn't find out about standard IS models, as I am only ordering the F-Sport. This is for Alberta, Canada btw. Dealer had no pricing.
Old 07-04-13, 05:10 PM
DrivenSoul
Rookie

Just FYI I heard the Martin Logan on a 14' IS350 F-Sport.. First of all I noticed that the mouse thing and screen interface was very laggy, I was trying to set all the tone controls to (0) center and pressed the buttons once, nothing happened so I kept pressing, then it "came out from its sleep" and started changing the settings and wouldn't stop! lol

I have heard the stereo on a Subaru BRZ which pretty much has the same front speaker location as the new IS and I was VERY impressed after playing with the EQ on the factory radio. I was expecting the same on the new IS but what I got was.. Disappointment. Listening to a familiar CD I had, the highs were scratchy and dirty. The higher mids were tinny and cold-sounding, and the bass I don't really remember but I think not much of an improvement from the old IS ML system. Honestly, I think I prefer the old system more. This is from a very short test so I didn't have more time to tinker but... I really think it's not worth it this time around
Old 07-04-13, 05:17 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by DrivenSoul
Just FYI I heard the Martin Logan on a 14' IS350 F-Sport.. First of all I noticed that the mouse thing and screen interface was very laggy, I was trying to set all the tone controls to (0) center and pressed the buttons once, nothing happened so I kept pressing, then it "came out from its sleep" and started changing the settings and wouldn't stop! lol

I have heard the stereo on a Subaru BRZ which pretty much has the same front speaker location as the new IS and I was VERY impressed after playing with the EQ on the factory radio. I was expecting the same on the new IS but what I got was.. Disappointment. Listening to a familiar CD I had, the highs were scratchy and dirty. The higher mids were tinny and cold-sounding, and the bass I don't really remember but I think not much of an improvement from the old IS ML system. Honestly, I think I prefer the old system more. This is from a very short test so I didn't have more time to tinker but... I really think it's not worth it this time around
Mark Levinson, but thanks for the laugh
Old 07-04-13, 05:25 PM
DrivenSoul
Rookie

Right right, sorry!
It also seems like staging and imaging got WORSE somehow... I don't get it, the speakers in that location should sound much better... Someone in Socal with a new IS with the ML upgrade needs to meet up with me so we can compare the old MARK LEVINSON with the new Martin Logan haha
Old 07-04-13, 05:34 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Too busy to meet up with you but I think the ML sounds stunning. I had Lexicon for 2 years in the car I just sold and 7 years of ELS in Acuras. I'd take the ML over those 2 any day
Old 07-06-13, 02:25 PM
LEXUS1904
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glashub
Too busy to meet up with you but I think the ML sounds stunning. I had Lexicon for 2 years in the car I just sold and 7 years of ELS in Acuras. I'd take the ML over those 2 any day
I second this, ML sounds amazing bass is deep and the treble is crisp! Clean sound IMO. By far a better setup than the premium Logic 7 sound system that are in the BMW 3 series.