IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New 2014 Lexus IS Color: Titanium Metallic / Sonic Titanium

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-13, 06:48 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
pretty sure that some of these are different color... there is one pure silver and one that durns gray blueish in dark.
There are only three silver\grey colors avalible on the new IS.

There is the (1J4) satin silver. (edm name)
The 1J7 Sonic titanium (edm name)
And the grey 1H9 nebula grey. (edm name)

None of the pictures are of the nebula grey, they are to bright
Some of the pictures might be of the satin silver. But the satin silver is a very bright silver color, with no other hint of grey or gold in it. And almost all the pictures display a silver color with various hints of grey or gold.

Therefor, it is most likely that all pictures are of the sonic titanium, and that the sonic titanium is color that changes shade a bit in diffrent kinds of light.
In addiotion, you can see that some of the pics are taken with poor quality cell phones, and that they are edited with effects for instagram or photshoped to look artificial..
Old 04-14-13, 08:56 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,949 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
None of the pictures are of the nebula grey, they are to bright
You are incorrect. The car at the Houston auto show is Nebula Grey, I know because I saw that specific preproduction car...its Nebula Grey.

Theres no way for us (or you) to know all those silvers are the same, but I suspect they are not since the two silvers are so similar.
Old 04-14-13, 09:35 AM
magne
Lead Lap

I missed the video from the Huston autoshow. I agree that the video is of the nebula grey.
If there are any pics from the same show, it must be the ones that are photoshoped.
In those, the light setting have been changed so much that it is not possible to display any color correctly. And the nebula grey does not at all look like it does in real life.

Appart from that, all photos NilsGunnar have posted is of the Sonic titanium.

Many of the pictures are taken in a series, and display the same 2-3 cars from different angles.
Because of that, it is possible to see that the pictures display the sonic titanium.

I'll post some of the pictures for comparison of all three grey colors.

Sonic titanium:

Satin silver:

Nebula grey:

Old 04-14-13, 11:56 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

titanium and nebula gray are awesome... i dont like pure silvers and these two are very very nice colors.
Old 04-14-13, 03:43 PM
NilsGunnar
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video from Seoul Motor Show

All the videos i have posted look better if you search them up on youtube. They are avalable in HD.

Last edited by NilsGunnar; 04-14-13 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-15-13, 03:31 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Here are a couple of pictures of the sonic titanium, sent from my dealer who are beeing coursed on the new IS in Hungary.
Attached Thumbnails New 2014 Lexus IS Color: Titanium Metallic / Sonic Titanium-lexus1.jpg   New 2014 Lexus IS Color: Titanium Metallic / Sonic Titanium-lexus2.jpg  
Old 04-15-13, 04:16 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

which is titanium?
Old 04-15-13, 06:24 AM
magne
Lead Lap

The darkest of the colors are the sonic titanium\ atomic silver.
The brightest of the two cars in the first picture are the standard satin sliver.
Old 04-15-13, 07:07 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The darkest of the colors are the sonic titanium\ atomic silver.
The brightest of the two cars in the first picture are the standard satin sliver.
I prefer the later since it seems to be the more " normal " silver ......... the darker color looks to have hints of Gold in it which isnt my preference but it is an unusual color which may appeal to others ?!
Old 04-15-13, 07:43 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Here are a couple of pictures of the sonic titanium, sent from my dealer who are beeing coursed on the new IS in Hungary.
Nebula Gray and Titanium pics from your posts above look very much alike :-)
Old 04-15-13, 12:08 PM
magne
Lead Lap

So I've noticed. I blame it on the phone used for taking the pictures.
I commented to them that the color looks a bit dark compared to other pictures on the net.

One more pic from my dealership.
Old 04-15-13, 12:57 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I prefer it to the regular silver but nebula gray for me.
Old 04-15-13, 01:34 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

gotta see them live to determine... but so far, least liked is dark blue and plain silver... then white, red, nebula and titanium are all interesting in their own way.
Old 04-15-13, 02:19 PM
magne
Lead Lap

I've ordered the IS in the Sonic titanium. But the color looks a bit to "pretty" for the F-sport in my eyes.
It suits the normal IS, but the F-sports agressive looks combined with this color just looks a bit wrong to me.

I currently own two shiny blue cars, and the ultra sonic blue on the IS is very tempting.
But with rough winters and other bad elements for the paint here in Norway, blue is a hard color to keep nice. All the stone chipping shows, and the color attracts unwanted attention from other motorists and the police, due to almost all other cars beeing black\grey\silver.
So I've decided to keep the car more anonymus this time, and change the order to either white or plain silver.
White is not a metallic color on the f-sport. And that makes a differnce when it comes to keeping it nice. So it will probably be silver.

Last edited by magne; 04-15-13 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-15-13, 05:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I've ordered the IS in the Sonic titanium. But the color looks a bit to "pretty" for the F-sport in my eyes.
It suits the normal IS, but the F-sports agressive looks combined with this color just looks a bit wrong to me.

I currently own two shiny blue cars, and the ultra sonic blue on the IS is very tempting.
But with rough winters and other bad elements for the paint here in Norway, blue is a hard color to keep nice. All the stone chipping shows, and the color attracts unwanted attention from other motorists and the police, due to almost all other cars beeing black\grey\silver.
So I've decided to keep the car more anonymus this time, and change the order to either white or plain silver.
White is not a metallic color on the f-sport. And that makes a differnce when it comes to keeping it nice. So it will probably be silver.
keep the titanium... i bet it will look awesome with dark wheels and dark silver car and big f-sport grille. I thought white is pearl on f-sport?

Quick Reply: New 2014 Lexus IS Color: Titanium Metallic / Sonic Titanium