IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 Lexus IS - Instrument Panel

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-13, 11:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts
Default 2014 Lexus IS - Instrument Panel

What do you think of the new hi-tech instrument panel of the 2014 IS 300h. Notice the new navigation software and the high resolution, color LCD multi-information display between the energy meter & speedometer? This is a first for the IS.

NORMAL & ECO Mode

SPORT Mode

Photos: Lexus Europe
Old 03-11-13, 11:44 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I prefer the IS300h instrument cluster to all the other IS models including the F-sport. Again it's a huge fail that we can't get the IS300h in North America, I would be really interested in one. Hopefully they'll bring it over in a couple of years.
Old 03-12-13, 12:05 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do i think? I am not happy that Lexus isn't bringing the IS300h to NA market. I would really love to have one. flip, i know you have connections high up in Lexus USA. do some magic.

These IS300h posts are killing me.

Last edited by STIG; 03-12-13 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-12-13, 04:52 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
I prefer the IS300h instrument cluster to all the other IS models including the F-sport. Again it's a huge fail that we can't get the IS300h in North America, I would be really interested in one. Hopefully they'll bring it over in a couple of years.
Have to agree with Mr Burns. This has a high tech look yet not as gimmicky/flashy as the F-Sport and due to its techy look, adds visual interest to the stock 3IS instrument cluster.
Old 03-12-13, 06:50 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,349 Likes on 1,539 Posts

very sharp. at first i thought the power/eco left guage was a waste of space, but then i saw it turns into a tachometer in sport mode. sweet!
Old 03-12-13, 07:12 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

I never noticed it before but the side mirrors really extend out. It looks like there is an extra inch or more of frame past the side mirrors. I wonder why they couldn't have designed them smaller.
Old 03-12-13, 07:28 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I never noticed it before but the side mirrors really extend out. It looks like there is an extra inch or more of frame past the side mirrors. I wonder why they couldn't have designed them smaller.
so you can adjust them to your liking... they need to be deeper so it can be properly adjustable. Only that outer shell is actually frame and it is pretty small.

if you start looking at all those tiny details in your 2IS you will move to 3IS even sooner :-)
Old 03-12-13, 07:44 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice! Like this more than the F-sport instrument cluster.
Old 03-12-13, 08:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

so now everyone likes this tiny screen and old school dials better than big lfa-style lcd screen with metal ring that moves?

i kind of doubt anyone will think the same when they see it in action, people might not realize that f-sport screen is big lcd that had metal ring on top of it. it will look impressive... its basically 6"-7" screen instead in the dashboard, like what S-class has, just smaller and with metal ring on top of it.
Old 03-12-13, 08:34 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

basically everything you see here is LCD screen... so I much preffer this one:

new standard one is nice - they finally introduced proper trip computer display, but otherwise ti is just classic combo meters as in every other car on the road.... lfa style is different.
Old 03-12-13, 08:46 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

here is another one "in action"

Old 03-12-13, 08:59 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Yeah anything is possible. I too am very interested in the IS 300h.

Originally Posted by STIG
What do i think? I am not happy that Lexus isn't bringing the IS300h to NA market. I would really love to have one. flip, i know you have connections high up in Lexus USA. do some magic.

These IS300h posts are killing me.
I feel your pain...and you're not alone.

Originally Posted by natnut
Have to agree with Mr Burns. This has a high tech look yet not as gimmicky/flashy as the F-Sport and due to its techy look, adds visual interest to the stock 3IS instrument cluster.
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
very sharp. at first i thought the power/eco left guage was a waste of space, but then i saw it turns into a tachometer in sport mode. sweet!
Yeah it's just like the CT...and now the GS, LS and ES. It's a pretty trick feature unique to Lexus.

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
The mirrors are not wider, it's just an illusion from the wide angle lens used to take the pic.

Originally Posted by spwolf
so now everyone likes this tiny screen and old school dials better than big lfa-style lcd screen with metal ring that moves?
People can have choices. Is it a crime to not like the F SPORT cluster?

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
Looks nice! Like this more than the F-sport instrument cluster.

Last edited by flipside909; 03-12-13 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-12-13, 11:14 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Pffftt... not me. I basically want the F-sport because of the LFA screen... and the front bumper...... and suspension.... and the seats.... and wheels... oh hell, everything on the F-sport!
Old 03-12-13, 11:17 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Pffftt... not me. I basically want the F-sport because of the LFA screen... and the front bumper...... and suspension.... and the seats.... and wheels... oh hell, everything on the F-sport!

yep :-)

i wan it all.
Old 03-12-13, 12:22 PM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i kind of doubt anyone will think the same when they see it in action, people might not realize that f-sport screen is big lcd that had metal ring on top of it. it will look impressive... its basically 6"-7" screen instead in the dashboard, like what S-class has, just smaller and with metal ring on top of it.
Well, I had the chance to play with it when I checked out the 300h. It's cool for few minutes then I start to notice the resolution of the LCD could have been better and then I thought the ring could move a bit faster and without the motorized notice. Also you see the info on the normal cluster better and quicker cause everything is logical placed. I just think the normal cluster works better in the long run. You don't get tired of it and less things to break.

Also I think those cool stuffs could be backuped with a more powerful engine (we dont get 350 in europe )instead of a 4 cylinder hybrid car with CVT gearbox. What's the point with the rev counter in a hybrid? I drove ct200h many times and never get it. I think it's better suited in IS-F and LFA.

Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus IS - Instrument Panel