IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

**Thread to give Lexus feedback on 3IS Option Packages**. Closed at OP request

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-13, 11:04 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Is Sonic Titanium available as F-sport for US?
Old 05-20-13, 11:22 AM
jagged
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The fact that you can't get leather even as an option for the F-Sport is a slap in the face Lexus. To add to that, you don't think people want to get ventilated seats with the that leather?
I got a chance to sit on the NuLuxe ventilated seats on an IS F-Sport and honestly speaking, I couldn't tell if it was fake leather.

It has a different feel from my RX leather seats but for sure comfortable in a sporty way.

Also, I noticed that the NuLuxe leather is sculpted very nicely to the seat form probably due to the seat cover material.
Old 05-20-13, 06:57 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The most important issue for me is including USB!!!!!!! I also wish they would put ventilated seats and fogs on the F Sport and make leather an option. Oh and while they are at it, all IS's should have memory drivers seats.
Old 05-20-13, 08:10 PM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The F-Sport losing so many luxury options compared to other packages = ridiculous. C'mon Lexus, if we wanted a WRX STI we wouldn't be waiting for the IS.
Old 05-20-13, 09:23 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by jagged
I got a chance to sit on the NuLuxe ventilated seats on an IS F-Sport and honestly speaking, I couldn't tell if it was fake leather.

It has a different feel from my RX leather seats but for sure comfortable in a sporty way.

Also, I noticed that the NuLuxe leather is sculpted very nicely to the seat form probably due to the seat cover material.
It can't be ventilated then, the process for NuLuxe does not allow for that feature. They are only heated.

Either way I sit in near every Lexus model every day I work and can easily tell NuLuxe from Leather.

The seat is sculpted well, but that does not forgive the fact you cannot get leather as an option on the F-Sport
Old 05-20-13, 10:00 PM
LexFather

FYI this thread has been linked... please stay on topic... thank you!

Old 05-21-13, 03:21 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
It can't be ventilated then, the process for NuLuxe does not allow for that feature. They are only heated.

Either way I sit in near every Lexus model every day I work and can easily tell NuLuxe from Leather.

The seat is sculpted well, but that does not forgive the fact you cannot get leather as an option on the F-Sport
can i complain if we cant get nuluxe in Europe? I kind of want it... as real leather doesnt agree with my 250lbs that well :-)
Old 05-21-13, 08:00 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wednesday
The most important issue for me is including USB!!!!!!! I also wish they would put ventilated seats and fogs on the F Sport and make leather an option. Oh and while they are at it, all IS's should have memory drivers seats.
YES...how does Canada get USB and we dont?!?!?!

I'm hoping it will be available for the 2015!
Old 05-21-13, 08:59 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

Blueprint,

Can you clarify again the part in your first post. Did you say this thread was for the dealers to review our concerns or is actual Lexus headquarters in Japan looking at our concerns, also is this the reason for the delay push back to July, our concerns on packages?

Thanks, I just was not clear what you meant.
Old 05-21-13, 09:40 AM
Appleman
Rookie

Here is the gist of the email I sent to Lexus of Canada. It was specifically in regards to the IS 350 AWD F-Sport.

=========================
I was wondering if you could provide an explanation behind some of the limitations in the packages and options available for the 2014 IS. The pricing is now out and the MSRP for this model is $53,200.

Beginning of my rant:

No leather, it is coming with plastic seats. Due to this, no ventilated seats.
No memory seats
No Lexus Enform Apps - I can see not getting US specific apps like Pandora, but why not the other features
No fog lamps, in fact you go out of your way to say they will be deleted from F-Sport, huh?? Just leave them on.
No rain sensing wipers, but a power rear sunshade.
No LED headlights, this is restricted to the 350 RWD, Executive package, why not F-Sport???
No clearance and backup sensors - this is a really weird one. Shouldn't this be standard on all Lexus vehicles by now? Nevermind a $53,000 one? I am getting rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring and dynamic radar cruise control, you can't throw in parking sensors with that??

Just because it's an F-Sport doesn't mean it won't be driven in the rain or parked.

Really the most frustrating part, is that we all know these options/features are out there, and we would be willing to pay for them, but we aren't even given the option.
=================
Old 05-21-13, 01:00 PM
anewname
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Appleman
Here is the gist of the email I sent to Lexus of Canada. It was specifically in regards to the IS 350 AWD F-Sport.

I was wondering if you could provide an explanation behind some of the limitations in the packages and options available for the 2014 IS. The pricing is now out and the MSRP for this model is $53,200.

Beginning of my rant:

No memory seats
No Lexus Enform Apps - I can see not getting US specific apps like Pandora, but why not the other features
No fog lamps, in fact you go out of your way to say they will be deleted from F-Sport, huh?? Just leave them on.
No LED headlights, this is restricted to the 350 RWD, Executive package, why not F-Sport???
No clearance and backup sensors - this is a really weird one. Shouldn't this be standard on all Lexus vehicles by now? Nevermind a $53,000 one? I am getting rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring and dynamic radar cruise control, you can't throw in parking sensors with that??

Just because it's an F-Sport doesn't mean it won't be driven in the rain or parked.

Really the most frustrating part, is that we all know these options/features are out there, and we would be willing to pay for them, but we aren't even given the option.
=================
Completely agree. I have eliminated the IS as a contender because of the bizarre way they have done the packages. For what it's worth, the GS isn't any better. Going for F-Sport eliminates the possibility of getting certain luxury features such as parking sensors and 18-way seats. You can get them if you go the luxury route (but only on the highest available package) but then you're losing 4-wheel steering, sport suspension, etc.
Old 05-21-13, 01:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
can i complain if we cant get nuluxe in Europe? I kind of want it... as real leather doesnt agree with my 250lbs that well :-)
hmm I'll send you NuLuxe seats in exchange for ventilated leather

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
YES...how does Canada get USB and we dont?!?!?!

I'm hoping it will be available for the 2015!
Just sickening... Lexus
Old 05-21-13, 03:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Blueprint,

Can you clarify again the part in your first post. Did you say this thread was for the dealers to review our concerns or is actual Lexus headquarters in Japan looking at our concerns, also is this the reason for the delay push back to July, our concerns on packages?

Hey,

Dealers have been given the option sheets as we have and there is concern that the packages are not optimized for customers. I assume there is a disconnect somewhere since Lexus asked them for immediate feedback on what they would like to see. I was then asked to provide feedback which I did and started this thread is for everyone to hopefully have a voice. The link has been sent for them to read.

I also totally forgot about USB. As for the pushback I am not sure, I doubt its packages, they might update a new model year, I can't see changes being done this quickly with the launch coming.

Thanks

Old 05-21-13, 05:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Blueprint,

pushback was probably due to Japanese ordering too many :-)

waiting period was 5 months in Japan after only 2 days of sales.
Old 05-22-13, 10:26 AM
jagged
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Appleman

Beginning of my rant:

No memory seats

=================
Just for comparison, at least here in Asia, these are what Lexus will include on the F-sport...

- Nuluxe ventilated seats (according to the Lexus sales trainer)
- powered front seats with memory (on driver side)
- no fog lamps but with LED headlamps and other exterior lights
- front and back parking sensors + backup camera
- 2 USB ports

I guess options not available there at the moment may change soon as other markets are getting them.

If it makes you feel a bit better, we will probably be paying around US$ 70k+ for the IS350 F-sport and the IS is already considered a good deal as the BMW 328 costs over 100k.

Quick Reply: **Thread to give Lexus feedback on 3IS Option Packages**. Closed at OP request