Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump...help me out please.
Old 02-03-14, 05:02 PM
XBluez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

I just got back from Lexus dealer where my friend worked there as a dealer. I'm just curious if im getting a good deal or not.
I first wanted the IS350 F Sport but they do not have the color(blue) i wanted so i decided to get the IS250 F Sport(Red). Since, i believe there ain't much difference between the 350 and 250 except the horsepower(correct me if I'm wrong) I drive in the city(New York) so not really necessary i believe and its like 5k difference.
Ok, for IS250 F Sport(My very first leasing as you can tell)
The sticker price is 45k but he said he could get it for me for 43k flat.
The leasing agreement is 27 months with 10k mileage per year
$314 per month with $6,200 down at first
Then after the leasing i can pay $32,000 to buy it off.
So, basically i have to pay $14,678 for 27 months of leasing on IS250 F sport fully loaded
and total of $46,678 to buyout the car including taxes.
Is that good?

Thanks
Old 02-03-14, 05:08 PM
chris2k5
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by XBluez
Hey all,

I just got back from Lexus dealer where my friend worked there as a dealer. I'm just curious if im getting a good deal or not.
I first wanted the IS350 F Sport but they do not have the color(blue) i wanted so i decided to get the IS250 F Sport(Red). Since, i believe there ain't much difference between the 350 and 250 except the horsepower(correct me if I'm wrong) I drive in the city(New York) so not really necessary i believe and its like 5k difference.
Ok, for IS250 F Sport(My very first leasing as you can tell)
The sticker price is 45k but he said he could get it for me for 43k flat.
The leasing agreement is 27 months with 10k mileage per year
$314 per month with $6,200 down at first
Then after the leasing i can pay $32,000 to buy it off.
So, basically i have to pay $14,678 for 27 months of leasing on IS250 F sport fully loaded
and total of $46,678 to buyout the car including taxes.
Is that good?

Thanks
Bad deal. $6200 down is awful. Never put money down on a lease.
Old 02-03-14, 05:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Yeah $6,200 down is not a good idea. The payment is cheap, but you're better off putting that money into a savings account and paying payments or portions of payments out of that.

What is the money factor? It sounds like your plan is to buy the car at the end of the lease. Why are you leasing? You should just buy it from the get go, put your $6,200 down.

As for the difference between the IS250 and IS350. Drive them both and be sure. There are more than a couple members here who got the 250 assuming what you've said is true and traded it for a 350 shortly after. The 350 makes a huge difference in this car.

Aside from the engine you also get AVS in the 350...

If you trade out of the 250 early to get the 350 its going to cost you a whole lot more than just getting the 350 now.
Old 02-03-14, 06:45 PM
XBluez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Yeah $6,200 down is not a good idea. The payment is cheap, but you're better off putting that money into a savings account and paying payments or portions of payments out of that.

What is the money factor? It sounds like your plan is to buy the car at the end of the lease. Why are you leasing? You should just buy it from the get go, put your $6,200 down.

As for the difference between the IS250 and IS350. Drive them both and be sure. There are more than a couple members here who got the 250 assuming what you've said is true and traded it for a 350 shortly after. The 350 makes a huge difference in this car.

Aside from the engine you also get AVS in the 350...

If you trade out of the 250 early to get the 350 its going to cost you a whole lot more than just getting the 350 now.
Yea, the 6200 down was the part where i didn't really like it either.
And i've mentioned the MF along with the MSDS but he said that there wouldn't be any interest or whatsoever. So, there is no point of putting down deposits.
Old 02-03-14, 06:58 PM
LexusFsprt
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well everything does change once you meet with the bank to sign papers. All depends on your credit, Tier 1-4 lease rate. Your salesman can quote you on Tier 1 credit/lease rate, but when you meet with finance, the day you pick up the car. After running your credit, your actually a Tier 3 credit and your $613 a month your salesman told you can actually end up being $660 a month. IMO I wouldn't that much down on a lease, if it were to finance, sure why not!

Last edited by LexusFsprt; 02-03-14 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 07:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by XBluez
Yea, the 6200 down was the part where i didn't really like it either.
And i've mentioned the MF along with the MSDS but he said that there wouldn't be any interest or whatsoever. So, there is no point of putting down deposits.
So it's an interest free lease? I would want to see a.000000000 money factor in writing. I've never seen an interest free lease from any manufacturer.
Old 02-03-14, 10:11 PM
XBluez
Driver School Candidate

Not exactly sure if i had remember correctly
Maybe, he meant that deposit wouldn't lower the interest, perhaps?
He also mentioned that the dealer might take some of the deposit at the end of the leasing if any scratch\damage found on the car
Old 02-04-14, 10:43 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You need to find out the MF so we can see if its a good lease or not...otherwise we really can't say one way or the other.
Old 02-04-14, 03:14 PM
JHooks
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2014 IS350 F Sport loaded to MSRP of 49k. With 0 down it would have been $611 sign and drive. I ended up putting $8500 down because I hate carrying big payments and now I pay $328 a month.
Old 02-04-14, 04:02 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

All that $8,500 does is prepay lease payments, its like putting a bunch of money down to rent an apartment. On top of that, that $8,500 is now at risk if the vehicle were to be totaled. The payee is the owner...LFS...not you. So, if you total the car tomorrow that downpayment is simply lost.

The better thing to do is to put the $8,500 into a savings account, and make the payments out of it until its gone, or make half the payments out of it, or something like that. This way the money remains yours and the end result is the same.
Old 02-04-14, 04:31 PM
JHooks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
All that $8,500 does is prepay lease payments, its like putting a bunch of money down to rent an apartment. On top of that, that $8,500 is now at risk if the vehicle were to be totaled. The payee is the owner...LFS...not you. So, if you total the car tomorrow that downpayment is simply lost.

The better thing to do is to put the $8,500 into a savings account, and make the payments out of it until its gone, or make half the payments out of it, or something like that. This way the money remains yours and the end result is the same.
Yes normally that is the case but here it lowered my payments by a large amount. As for the worried loss I am not concerned as I pay for an additional new vehicle coverage through my insurance. This insures that if the car is totalled they will provide me with the same model or 1 year newer.
Old 02-04-14, 04:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JHooks
Yes normally that is the case but here it lowered my payments by a large amount. As for the worried loss I am not concerned as I pay for an additional new vehicle coverage through my insurance. This insures that if the car is totalled they will provide me with the same model or 1 year newer.
All it did was lower your payments by the amount of the downpayment divided by the term of the lease. Thats all a downpayment does on a lease, it prepays rent. You gave the leasing company $8,500 in rent upfront, in exchange they reduced the total payments owed over the life of the lease by that amount.

As for the insurance you don't understand, and its important that you and others do before they decide to do this. I know exactly the type of insurance you are talking about. You have to understand you don't own this car, you are renting it. The leasing company owns the car. Your insurance is not going to pay off the vehicle's owner...the leasing company...and then BUY you a newer car. That sort of insurance policy is just a gimmick, the nuts and bolts of insurance are the same. The car is worth X, they pay X. Perhaps with your coverage they value the car at 1 year newer. In a lease you will not benefit from that.

When the car is totaled, there is a value assigned to it by the insurance company. That value is made payable to the leasing company when its a lease...because they own the car. When you are financing a vehicle YOU own the car, and thus are the payee if the vehicle is totaled. The insurance you have is of no value on a lease. if the car is totaled, the lease is terminated and you lease another car. Its just a long term rental car. No need for a car "1 year newer" you just go lease (rent) a brand new car.

If you total the car tomorrow, your $8,500 is gone.

http://www.realcartips.com/leasing/0...-leasing.shtml

DON'T: Put a Down Payment or Security Deposit
When possible, you should always try to lease a car without a down payment (also called a capitalized cost reduction).

In cases where a down payment is required, you can usually roll it into the monthly lease payment. The main reason you want to do this - if your car is totaled or stolen, the insurance company will provide a payout to the leasing company, but you will have lost your down payment.

Remember - the vehicle is not owned by you - you're just "renting" it from a leasing company. Your insurance company has no obligation to pay you for any money you lost as a down payment.

Last edited by SW17LS; 02-04-14 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-04-14, 05:22 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

to SW13GS. You are absolutely correct! It's amazing to me with all the free information at people's fingertips, they don't take the time to do the least bit of research.

http://www.leaseguide.com/lease01.htm
Old 02-04-14, 05:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Leasing is complicated, like you said you HAVE to do your research and learn.

It physically pains me this poster put $8,500 of his hard earned money at risk, and is paying for an insurance policy he can't take advantage of...

Quick Reply: Thinking of leasing a 2014 IS350 AWD F-sport