IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Status Updates of Orders

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-13, 08:53 AM
Jlesz
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I placed my order for a IS350AWD F-Sport Executive Package in Canada on June 1st, and was told delivery by end of July. Now i'm being told production of of July and delivery end of August Begginning of Sept.
Old 07-01-13, 02:33 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlesz
I placed my order for a IS350AWD F-Sport Executive Package in Canada on June 1st, and was told delivery by end of July. Now i'm being told production of of July and delivery end of August Begginning of Sept.

First congratulations!

I signed the contract June 3rd. End of Aug/beginning of September is exactly what I was told as well but from the get-go. I trust my rep 100% as I've bought 4 Lexus off him the last few years and results have been consistent... Essentially, he said about 10 weeks from the time the dealer places their monthly orders for manufacturing (which was mid June). Hang in there, I know it's painful but our friends on this forum make the journey less painful!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-01-13 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-01-13, 02:58 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
I officially placed my order on March 27th and my current order status is as follows:

Your vehicle has arrived at the processing center. You will be notified when your vehicle has arrived at the delivery location and is ready for delivery.

I'm getting anxious!
March 27th? Wow! I thought I was ordering early in May. Congrats!! I would be anxious as well. Did your dealer send you the notification of the car arriving in port? Also, out of curiosity, how did you get an order in during March when all the pricing and options were not known? That is one hell of a feat, magic actually, being that myself and my dealer went through hell in May with the order trying to decipher everything.
Old 07-01-13, 03:03 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
First congratulations!

I signed the contract June 3rd. End of Aug/beginning of September is exactly what I was told as well but from the get-go. I trust my rep 100% as I've bought 4 Lexus off him the last few years and results have been consistent... Essentially, he said about 10 weeks from the time the dealer places their monthly orders for manufacturing (which was mid June). Hang in there, I know it's painful but our friends on this forum make the journey less painful!
I do appreciate the forum for making the wait less painful and condemn the forum for all the beautiful pictures of what is to arrive that make me drool on my keyboard. I am still only 6 weeks out and had been told the middle to end of July as I got my order done prior to the May cutoff. I am just surprised that Lexus does not communicate better with their dealers on where the order stands. Information is key and that it is because of this forum that I actually end up having more information than my dealer. Kudos to everyone here.
Old 07-01-13, 06:04 PM
Jlesz
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
First congratulations!

Congrats on your purchase aswell. I'm super excited to get it, that's why these next 2 months will be super painful. But like you said this forum definitely helps out with the excitement . Hopefully we get lucky and will be able to get them sooner.
Old 07-01-13, 07:00 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
March 27th? Wow! I thought I was ordering early in May. Congrats!! I would be anxious as well. Did your dealer send you the notification of the car arriving in port? Also, out of curiosity, how did you get an order in during March when all the pricing and options were not known? That is one hell of a feat, magic actually, being that myself and my dealer went through hell in May with the order trying to decipher everything.
Hehe my order status just changed:

Your vehicle has been requested to be placed in process at the processing center. You will be notified when your vehicle has arrived at the delivery location and is ready for delivery

It's not much of a change from the last status, but it's something, and I'll take it!

I ordered it super early without knowing pricing. How? Well, not quite magic. Close though...

(I use my Bat-Ordering system when ordering new Batmobiles)

It's been a hell of a long wait for sure though! I'm dying over here!
Old 07-02-13, 03:56 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Hehe my order status just changed:

Your vehicle has been requested to be placed in process at the processing center. You will be notified when your vehicle has arrived at the delivery location and is ready for delivery

It's not much of a change from the last status, but it's something, and I'll take it!

I ordered it super early without knowing pricing. How? Well, not quite magic. Close though...

(I use my Bat-Ordering system when ordering new Batmobiles)

It's been a hell of a long wait for sure though! I'm dying over here!
I give you a lot of credit and your dealer as well for getting the necessary information when almost no information was available. Also, progress is status is good no matter how little. Are these notices coming directly from Lexus to you?
Old 07-02-13, 08:27 PM
orensdad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I ordered my IS350 RWD on March 3 with no pricing available at that time, and should be getting it on Monday or Tuesday, the 8th or 9th of July . Be patient! Great cars are worth waiting for. Should be amazing from what I've read and driving reports on You Tube. It's currently at the Lexus compound in Toronto. The Lexus dealer here 2 minutes from my home will be happy, as I'll be able to stop bugging them. I placed their first 2014 IS order. Atomic Silver with black leather, non F-Sport., Luxury and Nav. Pkgs.
Old 07-03-13, 02:50 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by orensdad
I ordered my IS350 RWD on March 3 with no pricing available at that time, and should be getting it on Monday or Tuesday, the 8th or 9th of July . Be patient! Great cars are worth waiting for. Should be amazing from what I've read and driving reports on You Tube. It's currently at the Lexus compound in Toronto. The Lexus dealer here 2 minutes from my home will be happy, as I'll be able to stop bugging them. I placed their first 2014 IS order. Atomic Silver with black leather, non F-Sport., Luxury and Nav. Pkgs.
Congrats. I am happy to see that at least some orders are arriving.
Old 07-03-13, 11:32 AM
Appleman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put my deposit down in January, and I chose my options for allocation on March 19th. My car is arriving July 12th. 350 AWD F Sport Executive, White with Red. I was the first at my dealer as well.

It's been a long wait!
Old 07-04-13, 11:53 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems like a number of boys and gals here have received their IS 250 and some 350 in the west coast. Has anyone from the east coast picked up the 350 yet? My impatience has grown a bit, and I'm planning to contact a few other dealers nearby to see if they have anything in the lot.
Old 07-04-13, 01:39 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by doctorttt
It seems like a number of boys and gals here have received their IS 250 and some 350 in the west coast. Has anyone from the east coast picked up the 350 yet? My impatience has grown a bit, and I'm planning to contact a few other dealers nearby to see if they have anything in the lot.
Obviously, being that I started the thread, I have not received mine and it will be coming into port in New Jersey. I do not even have a build week yet. Do you have a build date?
Old 07-04-13, 08:23 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Obviously, being that I started the thread, I have not received mine and it will be coming into port in New Jersey. I do not even have a build week yet. Do you have a build date?
The only thing that I received from the dealer is this (the first of two pages). It shows the VIN number, but it got cut off due to my poor picture-taking skill. Does this sheet mean anything to me?
Attached Thumbnails Status Updates of Orders-20130704_231405.jpg  

Last edited by doctorttt; 07-04-13 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-04-13, 11:19 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

If you have a VIN thenyou should at least have a build date with a car to follow.
Actually that appears to have a dealer stock number as well which shoul mean that the car is in their allocation already. When you ordered, was the dealer locating one from the region?

Last edited by kabgolf1; 07-05-13 at 05:18 AM.
Old 07-05-13, 08:17 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

If you have a VIN thenyou should at least have a build date with a car to follow.
Actually that appears to have a dealer stock number as well which shoul mean that the car is in their allocation already. When you ordered, was the dealer locating one from the region?
Yeah, if you have a VIN then the car is built already. I know mine was built on 06/11/2013 and it has been sitting at the port since 6/27/2013

Quick Reply: Status Updates of Orders