IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-14, 12:47 PM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heyitsme
I live in new orleans and the price they offered me for 2015 IS 350 F sport ultra white with black interior with no nav was 45k from 46.8k msrp. I haven't sign anything yet but I put down a deposit of 500$ for them to get the car from another dealership. Is this a good deal? I feel like the discount isn't much off. Could I still negotiate when it gets there? help
Wait a month, their sales event will begin and you should get at least $4-5k off
Old 10-26-14, 04:06 PM
heyitsme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theoryguy
Wait a month, their sales event will begin and you should get at least $4-5k off
Around when is the sales event? is it like an annual thing that they do every year? hm...you think I will get my deposit back if I don't buy? I forgot to ask about that =/
Old 10-26-14, 08:37 PM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Around when is the sales event? is it like an annual thing that they do every year? hm...you think I will get my deposit back if I don't buy? I forgot to ask about that =/
December to Remember sales event, they do it annually. Prices really do drop towards during it. I'd hold out towards the end (Dec). When I was buying my dealer told me that if I wanted a custom IS I could request one and the deposit would be refundable for a few weeks (I forget the timeframe). Unfortunately, I needed a car right away so I bought one off the dealer lot. I would ask the dealer if the deposit is refundable.

Last edited by theoryguy; 10-26-14 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-27-14, 08:07 AM
ApexSilver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jeffyffej
How's the car search going? Have you been able to get a good deal?
Hey bro thanks for remembering me...LoL

We ended up with a Brand New UW, 2015 IS350 F sport, Mark Levinson and all the bells and whistles...like the one you have. 49XXX invoice, price was 44,900. I wasn't gonna haggle over a few $100 because no dealer has the White on Black interior with Mark Levinson in a 500 mile radius and the dealer traded for us to get the vehicle. Out the Door it was 47,XXX. So my wifes real happy. I dealt with Sewell Lexus in Dallas and my salesman has been there for 15 years so no b.s games.
Old 10-27-14, 01:40 PM
heyitsme
Driver School Candidate

December to Remember sales event, they do it annually. Prices really do drop towards during it. I'd hold out towards the end (Dec). When I was buying my dealer told me that if I wanted a custom IS I could request one and the deposit would be refundable for a few weeks (I forget the timeframe). Unfortunately, I needed a car right away so I bought one off the dealer lot. I would ask the dealer if the deposit is refundable.
So I called the dealer and asked for the deposit since I'm not getting the car anymore and gonna wait for a few more months. They said they can't give me the deposit back since they had to do a swap with another dealer for the car I'm supposed to get and that deposit can apply when I do buy a new car or as credit. Is this legal? Before when I initially wanted the is 250, the dealer said they have an is 250 coming in a few weeks and if I put the deposit down I can get my refund back if I don't want. I didn't sign anything contract or anything when I put down that 500$ deposit. they gave me a receipt for it though.
Old 10-27-14, 02:31 PM
ApexSilver
Driver School Candidate

So I called the dealer and asked for the deposit since I'm not getting the car anymore and gonna wait for a few more months. They said they can't give me the deposit back since they had to do a swap with another dealer for the car I'm supposed to get and that deposit can apply when I do buy a new car or as credit. Is this legal? Before when I initially wanted the is 250, the dealer said they have an is 250 coming in a few weeks and if I put the deposit down I can get my refund back if I don't want. I didn't sign anything contract or anything when I put down that 500$ deposit. they gave me a receipt for it though.
That sounds pretty shady, If I were you I would just dispute it with the CC or Bank and tell them they are refusing to refund you even though the vehicle they promised you was no longer available.
Old 10-27-14, 02:39 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexSilver
That sounds pretty shady, If I were you I would just dispute it with the CC or Bank and tell them they are refusing to refund you even though the vehicle they promised you was no longer available.
Look at it from the dealer's standpoint - they in apparent good faith went through the effort and expense to get you the car you want - you in good faith gave them a deposit to show your seriousness to complete the transaction - you are trying to back out of your part. That said, a good dealer would refund your deposit.

Sorry - this response was meant for heyitsme
Old 10-27-14, 04:18 PM
rxqd
Rookie

so how much should i expect for just a standard is 250f sport from msrp? think i can get it for <40k? also if i qualify for new grad deal, should i tell the dealer after we agree on a price? this way i can get 1k off of establish price or it doesn't matter?
Old 10-27-14, 11:24 PM
theoryguy
Pole Position

That whole transaction sounds suspect and their offer effectively binds to that dealer. When you eventually buy, they may not have the best price for the vehicle as pricing varies from dealer to dealer.

I can see the dealer point as they may have spent a certain amount of time and incurred expenses when they entered into a dealer swap. I would try to determine how well you're dealer prices relative to the competition. You can figure that out by using TrueCar.com. If your dealer's prices competitive with the competition then it might be worth it to stick with then. But, if not, a couple hundred dollars is a drop in the bucket if you can save a few thousand with a dealer offering better pricing.
Old 10-27-14, 11:34 PM
theoryguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rxqd
so how much should i expect for just a standard is 250f sport from msrp? think i can get it for <40k? also if i qualify for new grad deal, should i tell the dealer after we agree on a price? this way i can get 1k off of establish price or it doesn't matter?
So if you skip back to pages 20-33, the average was about 3-5k depending where your dealer is, inventory, etc. Bear in mind, as the year gets closer to closing, the incentives will be larger. The is because salesmen will be trying close as many sales to contribute toward their year end bonus.
Old 10-29-14, 06:53 AM
ApexSilver
Driver School Candidate

So if you skip back to pages 20-33, the average was about 3-5k depending where your dealer is, inventory, etc. Bear in mind, as the year gets closer to closing, the incentives will be larger. The is because salesmen will be trying close as many sales to contribute toward their year end bonus.
I agree to most of the comments I have seen but every circumstance is gonna be different cause the market is always fluctuating on whats available. I know in Texas there aren't many IS350 fsports available, if they are they are exterior/interior combos that aren't as sought after so dealers aren't really inclined to budge on price as much. It would be really nice to know what the true lowest price a dealer could offer on new cars but that's a fantasy world. I'm just glad we got ours cause when I look at the market theres 2014's with 20k miles asking what we paid.
Old 10-29-14, 11:17 PM
aritweets
Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by wakame
How much did you pay for your new is250/350?

Trim:
Type of Purchase (ToP)(Lease, Finance, traded-in):
Color:
Upgrades:
Price Paid:

2015 IS250 FSPORT

$500 down

$466/month including tax, etc...

27 month lease

Gray on Red

Heated/cooled seated, navi, rear cam, Blind spot alert
Old 11-03-14, 09:20 PM
threefiddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2015 IS350 Fsport RWD
Ultra White on Black
-Navi w/rear cam, etc.
-VGRS

MSRP $47,919
Price; $45,919 [$2,000 off MSRP *obviously*]
-$24k for trade-in
Financing ~$23k
Payments $420 @ 60mo.
Old 11-04-14, 03:04 PM
visionism0
Driver School Candidate

Hello all,

My first post on the forums as I just purchased my vehicle a week ago.

2015 IS350 AWD (BLACK W/ RED INTERIOR)
-F Sport Pckg
-Blind spot monitoring Pckg
-Navigation Pckg
-Preferred Accessories

Final price of $47,850 out the door (inc Texas tax, tag, title) from Sewell Lexus in Dallas, TX.
Old 11-04-14, 04:47 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by visionism0
Hello all,

My first post on the forums as I just purchased my vehicle a week ago.

2015 IS350 AWD (BLACK W/ RED INTERIOR)
-F Sport Pckg
-Blind spot monitoring Pckg
-Navigation Pckg
-Preferred Accessories

Final price of $47,850 out the door (inc Texas tax, tag, title) from Sewell Lexus in Dallas, TX.
Sounds like a decent deal - congrats and welcome!

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?