IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-15, 12:30 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by chinoyan
I'm looking for a second car as a daily driver and I am looking to get a 2015 IS 250 base model. I need help and advise to make sure that I'm getting a fair deal. Please see below for details.

2015 IS 250
Starfire Pearl with Flaxen Interior
$38,159 MSRP
$33,495 Sale Price
12k Miles per year
36 Months Lease
$0 out of pocket
$500 Lexus Rebate (as downpayment)
$370 per month (taxes included)
Plus they are throwing in for free
All Weather Mats and Trunk Cover.

Please let me know if this deal sound fair. I'll probably pull the trigger this weekend. Thank you guys!!!
It's a very good deal at about 12% off msrp - the payment jives within about 10 bucks a month using a money factor of .0007. If interested, have them quote 24 months - payment shouldn't change much.

If this is the car you want, make the deal - you won't do much better.
Old 05-16-15, 12:40 AM
chinoyan
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
It's a very good deal at about 12% off msrp - the payment jives within about 10 bucks a month using a money factor of .0007. If interested, have them quote 24 months - payment shouldn't change much.

If this is the car you want, make the deal - you won't do much better.
Thanks for your reply!!! I will go to the dealer tomorrow to finalized the deal. It was between this or a base MB C300. But for some reason I like the IS 250 more. Thanks again!
Old 05-17-15, 10:16 AM
Katlov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello - I am new to the forum and was hoping I could get some advice on a recent quote I got for a 2015 IS 250 F Sport, RWD, ultra white/red, blind spot monitor ($600), f sport package ($3,235), navigation package ($1,855), accessory package ($334).

MSRP is $43,499
Out the Door including all fees and taxes: $43,000.

Can I do better?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-17-15, 11:27 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Katlov
Hello - I am new to the forum and was hoping I could get some advice on a recent quote I got for a 2015 IS 250 F Sport, RWD, ultra white/red, blind spot monitor ($600), f sport package ($3,235), navigation package ($1,855), accessory package ($334).

MSRP is $43,499

Can I do better?

Thanks in advance!
Looks like about $5k off msrp, about 12% - that's a pretty solid deal. You might be able to squeeze another 500 or so with some more shopping - depends on whether you think spending some more time is worth it or not.

Let us know how you make out.
Old 05-17-15, 11:56 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Katlov

MSRP is $43,499

Can I do better?

Thanks in advance!
Invoice is $40374, so depending on what your taxes, tags, and fees are it is probably a great deal.
Old 05-17-15, 12:32 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by azmojo
Invoice is $40374, so depending on what your taxes, tags, and fees are it is probably a great deal.
TTL in CA is usually around 11%, so he's probably close to $2k south of invoice.
Old 05-17-15, 01:06 PM
azmojo
Instructor

TTL in CA is usually around 11%, so he's probably close to $2k south of invoice.
Yes, but dealer add-ons are an unknown.
But you aren't going to do much better than $2k under invoice.
Old 05-17-15, 01:42 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, but dealer add-ons are an unknown.
But you aren't going to do much better than $2k under invoice.
Most Lexus dealers around here have plenty of inventory, so getting a car without extra junk is usually not an issue. We're on our 4th Lexus and there were no add ons involved with any of them.
Old 05-17-15, 01:52 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Most Lexus dealers around here have plenty of inventory, so getting a car without extra junk is usually not an issue. We're on our 4th Lexus and there were no add ons involved with any of them.
You know what they say when you ASSume. All dealers are not the same.
I would hate to see a bad assumption lead to inaccurate advice for someone.
Old 05-17-15, 02:12 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

You know what they say when you ASSume. All dealers are not the same.
I would hate to see a bad assumption lead to inaccurate advice for someone.
What is with you? No one is assuming anything - I'm just telling you we have an abundance of dealers here who have plenty of cars with no dealer add ons if that's the way a customer wants their vehicle. Most internet shoppers are not interested in anything added to their vehicle, and usually make that known when requesting quotes. My experience has been that the more successful dealers here in SoCal have adequate inventory of vehicles without extras so like I said before - it's not an issue. Except, apparently for you.
Old 05-17-15, 04:55 PM
azmojo
Instructor

What is with you? No one is assuming anything - I'm just telling you we have an abundance of dealers here who have plenty of cars with no dealer add ons if that's the way a customer wants their vehicle. Most internet shoppers are not interested in anything added to their vehicle, and usually make that known when requesting quotes. My experience has been that the more successful dealers here in SoCal have adequate inventory of vehicles without extras so like I said before - it's not an issue. Except, apparently for you.
What is with you? In your reply to the OP, you made an assumption that there were no dealer add-ons or extra costs. This assumption leads to possibly inaccurate advice. Just because there are cars with no add-ons or extras how do you know that OP didn't choose a car or end up at a dealer with add-ons and extras? Even if that is usually the case, if you don't know, you don't know.
Old 05-17-15, 11:15 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

What is with you? In your reply to the OP, you made an assumption that there were no dealer add-ons or extra costs. This assumption leads to possibly inaccurate advice. Just because there are cars with no add-ons or extras how do you know that OP didn't choose a car or end up at a dealer with add-ons and extras? Even if that is usually the case, if you don't know, you don't know.
Not sure what OP you are referring to - there have been numerous posters in this thread but the actual OP started the thread almost two years ago. I am fairly familiar with the IS market in SoCal and have many years experience buying and leasing vehicles. My goal on this forum is to learn from other posters and to offer input to those who request it or need it. My suggestion to you is if you don't like what I have to say, just move on. My posts are based on past experience and knowledge and I would never try to steer someone wrong with bad info. You seem to be hung up on add ons. When I discuss msrp, I am referring to the actual official sticker that Lexus affixes to the car. Dealer add ons are usually listed on a separate sticker the dealers place on the car. Most smart, informed buyers know this and watch for it. It's a matter of you're either ok with what's been added to the car or you're not and continue your negotiations accordingly - it's not complicated. That being said, the last few posted deals I've commented on were based on msrp's that were indicative of cars that had no add ons based on the amount of the stated msrp. The posters were quoted a pretty good amount off msrp, and if I recall correctly, you chimed in that they were great deals at xxx dollars below invoice. Incidentally, this whole thing started because you were not familiar with CA TTL, and I attempted to give you the courtesy of informing you of what it is so you'd have a better understanding of the quality of the poster's quoted deal.

Anyway, you obviously have a problem with me personally, even though you have no idea of my past experience, so it's probably better for us to agree to disagree and move on.
Old 05-18-15, 09:39 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Not sure what OP you are referring to - there have been numerous posters in this thread but the actual OP started the thread almost two years ago. I am fairly familiar with the IS market in SoCal and have many years experience buying and leasing vehicles. My goal on this forum is to learn from other posters and to offer input to those who request it or need it. My suggestion to you is if you don't like what I have to say, just move on. My posts are based on past experience and knowledge and I would never try to steer someone wrong with bad info. You seem to be hung up on add ons. When I discuss msrp, I am referring to the actual official sticker that Lexus affixes to the car. Dealer add ons are usually listed on a separate sticker the dealers place on the car. Most smart, informed buyers know this and watch for it. It's a matter of you're either ok with what's been added to the car or you're not and continue your negotiations accordingly - it's not complicated. That being said, the last few posted deals I've commented on were based on msrp's that were indicative of cars that had no add ons based on the amount of the stated msrp. The posters were quoted a pretty good amount off msrp, and if I recall correctly, you chimed in that they were great deals at xxx dollars below invoice. Incidentally, this whole thing started because you were not familiar with CA TTL, and I attempted to give you the courtesy of informing you of what it is so you'd have a better understanding of the quality of the poster's quoted deal.

Anyway, you obviously have a problem with me personally, even though you have no idea of my past experience, so it's probably better for us to agree to disagree and move on.
The OP is post #2193, which sparked this conversation.
I don't have a problem with you personally. My only concern is with providing accurate advice and information. In this case we did not have all of the details. The information you provided in #2196 required some guessing and assumptions, which you went on to double-down with in #2198. If you want to make guesses and assumptions that's fine, but in fairness you should disclose that you are doing so or say what those assumptions are. Some buyers may not be aware of the chance of getting stuck with these extra fees or costs so the mere mentioning of it as an assumption may cause them to take a closer look at their deal, which is a good thing.

Last edited by azmojo; 05-18-15 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-18-15, 10:31 AM
Machine13
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't have a problem with you personally. My only concern is with providing accurate advice and information. In this case we did not have all of the details. The information you provided in #2196 required some guessing and assumptions, which you went on to double-down with in #2198. If you want to make guesses and assumptions that's fine, but in fairness you should disclose that you are doing so or say what those assumptions are. Some buyers may not be aware of the chance of getting stuck with these extra fees or costs so the mere mentioning of it as an assumption may cause them to take a closer look at their deal, which is a good thing.
Azmojo, wow! Just wow! I won’t even justify your argumentative posts with a response.

Bgaerttner, nothing you said could be construed as having given inaccurate advice or information. Nor did you make any misleading assumptions. I think Azmojo has a chip on his shoulder and is hanging off one of your statements that he took ever so slightly out of context calling it an assumption when you clearly qualified it with the word “probably.” Something’s just not right with Azmojo’s argument. He may be suffering from external pressures at the moment. I'm sure it's not personal. We should all say a prayer for him in this difficult time. Please keep up the good advice bgaerttner. I, for one, enjoy reading this thread more thanks to you. I’m sure most people agree.
Old 05-18-15, 10:35 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

That poster stated in detail the individual options, msrp, and quoted out the door total. There were no assumptions involved - just cold, hard, numbers as stated. As I have previously tried to explain to you, CA TTL amounts very close to 11% of selling price - it's not difficult to calculate the selling price and discount using the figures provided by the poster. The poster asked for opinions and I provided mine just like many folks do on this forum - the fact that you have a problem with that is your issue. This debate between you and me is not contributing to folks getting a decent deal on an IS, so we need to discontinue it.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?