IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-15, 12:56 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Machine13
Azmojo, wow! Just wow! I won’t even justify your argumentative posts with a response.

Bgaerttner, nothing you said could be construed as having given inaccurate advice or information. Nor did you make any misleading assumptions. I think Azmojo has a chip on his shoulder and is hanging off one of your statements that he took ever so slightly out of context calling it an assumption when you clearly qualified it with the word “probably.” Something’s just not right with Azmojo’s argument. He may be suffering from external pressures at the moment. I'm sure it's not personal. We should all say a prayer for him in this difficult time. Please keep up the good advice bgaerttner. I, for one, enjoy reading this thread more thanks to you. I’m sure most people agree.
Thanks for the support Machine13. I'm not sure what the issue is but I'm just gonna move on and continue to offer input to folks trying to get good deals, especially here in CA where I'm pretty familiar with the market. I don't consider myself the ultimate expert in vehicle buying/leasing but I have enough experience and knowledge gathered over the years that I can offer help when requested. That's what these discussion forums are for, right?

Thanks again and take care,

Bill G
Old 05-18-15, 03:06 PM
iDriveIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second Machine13.
This is such a great space - let's keep it well-mannered, guys.
The 'door' is available to everyone when not to your liking.

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Thanks for the support Machine13. I'm not sure what the issue is but I'm just gonna move on and continue to offer input to folks trying to get good deals, especially here in CA where I'm pretty familiar with the market. I don't consider myself the ultimate expert in vehicle buying/leasing but I have enough experience and knowledge gathered over the years that I can offer help when requested. That's what these discussion forums are for, right?

Thanks again and take care,

Bill G
Old 05-18-15, 04:14 PM
chinoyan
5th Gear

Default Thanks!!!

It's a very good deal at about 12% off msrp - the payment jives within about 10 bucks a month using a money factor of .0007. If interested, have them quote 24 months - payment shouldn't change much.

If this is the car you want, make the deal - you won't do much better.
bgaerttner thanks for the input. I took delivery of the vehicle yesterday. Here are the final number I think I got a pretty good deal.

$38,159 MSRP
$31,700 Sale Price
$500 Rebate
$0 Out of Pocket
12k Lease
Residual $24,421.76
Money Factor .0007
$313 for 36 Months (Taxes Included)
Plus they gave me all weather Mats and all weather trunk mat for free.
They told me that I was getting a super deal because they were very slow this weekend and they need to move units.
Old 05-18-15, 04:27 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chinoyan
bgaerttner thanks for the input. I took delivery of the vehicle yesterday. Here are the final number I think I got a pretty good deal.

$38,159 MSRP
$31,700 Sale Price
$500 Rebate
$0 Out of Pocket
12k Lease
Residual $24,421.76
Money Factor .0007
They told me that I was getting a super deal because they were very slow this weekend and they need to move units.
Wow - that is one super deal - way to go - that's one of the best discounts I've seen!

Congrats and enjoy - great deal on a great car!!!
Old 05-18-15, 04:30 PM
chinoyan
5th Gear

Wow - that is one super deal - way to go - that's one of the best discounts I've seen!

Congrats and enjoy - great deal on a great car!!!

Thank You!!! I guess I picked the right day to pull the trigger! I'm very happy with the deal and even happier with the car!!! Thanks Agin!!!
Old 05-18-15, 04:38 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iDriveIS
I second Machine13.
This is such a great space - let's keep it well-mannered, guys.
The 'door' is available to everyone when not to your liking.
Recommend you touch base with chinoyan to see how he pulled off the deal he just posted. I think it's in your wheelhouse. His numbers show a discount of around 17% - if you could approach that on an f-sport, that would be a smokin deal.
Old 05-18-15, 05:25 PM
iDriveIS
Driver School Candidate

Will do. Thanks, buddy!

Recommend you touch base with chinoyan to see how he pulled off the deal he just posted. I think it's in your wheelhouse. His numbers show a discount of around 17% - if you could approach that on an f-sport, that would be a smokin deal.
Old 05-18-15, 06:58 PM
hellogoodb
Driver School Candidate

I went into the Lexus dealership today and came out with an offer for this car:

New IS350 Non-F Sport
Starfire Pearl Black Interior
Premium Package
Nav
18 inch wheels
Blindspot detector
Backup Camera
Parking Sensors

Msrp was around $46264 I think. The salesman offered me $42700 OTD for the car as it is with nothing else. He said that adding tint and all the protective sticker things will cost an additional $577. I did get the new college graduate discount, so with all that is this a good deal?
Old 05-18-15, 10:27 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hellogoodb
I went into the Lexus dealership today and came out with an offer for this car:

New IS350 Non-F Sport
Starfire Pearl Black Interior
Premium Package
Nav
18 inch wheels
Blindspot detector
Backup Camera
Parking Sensors

Msrp was around $46264 I think. The salesman offered me $42700 OTD for the car as it is with nothing else. He said that adding tint and all the protective sticker things will cost an additional $577. I did get the new college graduate discount, so with all that is this a good deal?
Hopefully some TX folks will chime in, but with what you've provided so far, it doesn't look like that great a deal. You state OTD, but it looks like TTL is not included - most folks include TTL in an OTD quote. TX deals used to be almost as good as CA deals at around 12-15% discount off msrp but your quote is only about 8%. With the college grad rebate, you should be getting a much better deal than this.
Confirm the actual msrp and selling price and we can give you a better idea.
Old 05-19-15, 01:00 AM
iS_sTaTuS
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I'm In the market for a new Is350 awd F-sport. I'm located in the NY/NJ area. I see a lot of CA people posting some great deals. Anyone from the NY/NJ area getting any good deal?
Old 05-19-15, 06:47 AM
hellogoodb
Driver School Candidate

Hopefully some TX folks will chime in, but with what you've provided so far, it doesn't look like that great a deal. You state OTD, but it looks like TTL is not included - most folks include TTL in an OTD quote. TX deals used to be almost as good as CA deals at around 12-15% discount off msrp but your quote is only about 8%. With the college grad rebate, you should be getting a much better deal than this.
Confirm the actual msrp and selling price and we can give you a better idea.
The OTD price did include TTL. What I meant by it came with nothing else is that there are no free car mats or grocery hooks included. I'll try to find the exact MSRP and selling price when I talk to the dealer again later this week.
Old 05-19-15, 07:32 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

MODERATOR EDIT - azmojo, exit this thread. Absolutely no need to insult other members in this conversation.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-19-15 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-19-15, 10:04 AM
socal28
Rookie

Originally Posted by chinoyan

$38,159 MSRP
$31,700 Sale Price
$500 Rebate
$0 Out of Pocket
12k Lease
Residual $24,421.76
Money Factor .0007
Fantastic deal!
Old 05-19-15, 09:30 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hellogoodb
The OTD price did include TTL. What I meant by it came with nothing else is that there are no free car mats or grocery hooks included. I'll try to find the exact MSRP and selling price when I talk to the dealer again later this week.
Just noticed what you said here - if indeed the $42.7k includes TTL, this looks to be a pretty decent deal. When you are able to confirm the msrp & selling price, we'll obviously have a much better idea. If the msrp listed in your original post turns out to be accurate, the discount would have to be pretty good to get you to that OTD (although I'm not up to snuff on your local tax rates).

Keep us posted - you might be putting together a good deal here.
Old 05-20-15, 08:33 AM
brucereddy
Driver School Candidate

Post 2015 IS350 AWD F_Sport

How's this deal?

Monthly: $445 for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year.

State: New York

Down: $0 (But will pay 1st month's payment and Doc and DMV Fees~$700.)
MSRP:$49,464
MF:0.0005
RV:63%
Sales Tax:$1377.96

Features included:
Nav,
BSM,
Rear Lip Spoiler
Wheel locks
All weather floor mats.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?