Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-15, 12:11 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris442
Just got mine last Sunday.
awesome! Do you mind sharing the deal you got?
Old 12-02-15, 12:27 PM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
awesome! Do you mind sharing the deal you got?
Sure, np. After plenty of research and using some of the tips on this site (such as getting two dealers to work an offer back and forth) I was able to get my 2016 IS 350 F Sport with BSM, Nav, Pre-collision and Dynamic radar cruise ctrl, heated steering wheel, rear spolier and misc dealer pkg for $48,500 out the door.
Old 12-02-15, 12:29 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Sure, np. After plenty of research and using some of the tips on this site (such as getting two dealers to work an offer back and forth) I was able to get my 2016 IS 350 F Sport with BSM, Nav, Pre-collision and Dynamic radar cruise ctrl, heated steering wheel, rear spolier and misc dealer pkg for $48,500 out the door.
With the heated steering wheel was that an AWD?
Old 12-02-15, 12:31 PM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by azmojo
With the heated steering wheel was that an AWD?
Yes, forgot that little bit of detail.
Old 12-02-15, 01:40 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Nice! Is your MSRP about 50k? Is that considered a good deal in your opinion?
Old 12-02-15, 01:52 PM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Nice! Is your MSRP about 50k? Is that considered a good deal in your opinion?
Yes, MSRP was $50,089 if I remember correctly. Invoice was $47 something. Don't have the details in front of me but Edmunds was spot on with the figures. TTL would have put it around $53k so I'm very happy with the deal.

Do you have an offer you are looking at?
Old 12-02-15, 02:21 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Yes, MSRP was $50,089 if I remember correctly. Invoice was $47 something. Don't have the details in front of me but Edmunds was spot on with the figures. TTL would have put it around $53k so I'm very happy with the deal.

Do you have an offer you are looking at?
I'm trying to aim for 48K OTD, but the offer I got is 50k OTD. (Nav w/ ML, BSM, VGRS, rear spoiler, door edge guard)

Any pointers or suggestions on how to go about that?

I really hate being there for hours negotiating. Don't have the time to to do that either...
Old 12-02-15, 02:30 PM
Chris442
Pit Crew

I'm trying to aim for 48K OTD, but the offer I got is 50k OTD. (Nav w/ ML, BSM, VGRS, rear spoiler, door edge guard)

I really hate being there for hours negotiating. Don't have the time to to do that either...
First off do they have the car on the lot? If not then it will be hard to get them under invoice as they have to order it. If they do have it there do you have another Lexus dealer you can go to and see if they can beat the offer you currently have? If not how about test driving the competition (BMW) and then tell the Lexus dealer it is between a Lexus & a BMW. Don't let on that you want the Lexus more. Never let them see you sweat.
Old 12-02-15, 02:34 PM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Also the ML and VGRS adds some additional $$ to the price. Do you know the actual invoice price and other costs such as TTL? Definitely helps you during the deal.
Old 12-02-15, 03:01 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

First off do they have the car on the lot? If not then it will be hard to get them under invoice as they have to order it. If they do have it there do you have another Lexus dealer you can go to and see if they can beat the offer you currently have? If not how about test driving the competition (BMW) and then tell the Lexus dealer it is between a Lexus & a BMW. Don't let on that you want the Lexus more. Never let them see you sweat.
Also the ML and VGRS adds some additional $$ to the price. Do you know the actual invoice price and other costs such as TTL? Definitely helps you during the deal.
Thank you very much for the tips.

I see that PCS costs $100 more than VGRS, which is what your car has. ML will add about $1100 to the cost.

I did a quick "Build Your Lexus" with the options, and it shows $50,158, which is pretty close to what your MSRP is.

It'll most likely be a custom order, since none of the dealerships here have VGRS in the color combination I'm looking for, so I won't know actual MSRP until later.
Old 12-02-15, 03:25 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Keep in mind that sales tax when buying a vehicle in VA is significantly less than we pay in CA so out the door comparisons might be skewed a bit.
Old 12-02-15, 04:46 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Keep in mind that sales tax when buying a vehicle in VA is significantly less than we pay in CA so out the door comparisons might be skewed a bit.
Good point. it's 8% in my area. VA is about 5.3% right?
Old 12-02-15, 05:57 PM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Good point. it's 8% in my area. VA is about 5.3% right?
Car sales tax in VA is 4.1% I believe. Sales tax for a car purchase is different than what you pay when you purchase something at your local store. Plus each dealer has different processing fees and such. The two dealers I was working with had a difference of $200 in their TTL fees. Taxes were the same so that difference was just in tags and processing fees. You should be able to ask the dealer what these are and request a printout of them to help you calculate your costs.

Now that you calculated the MSRP you should also be able to see what the invoice is on the same site and then you can work off of that. The one dealer I was working with actually showed me the invoice details as well. Now I still believe they are making money even if they sell it at invoice but who really knows. Since you are looking to order your car I believe you will have a almost impossible time getting them below invoice. If the car was on the lot then they would have already bought it and would be looking to "sell" it quicker.
Old 12-02-15, 08:27 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tbh, i don't think you're gonna be able to get 48,000 otd in CA for a while. 49-49,500 would be my guess
Old 12-03-15, 10:19 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tea
tbh, i don't think you're gonna be able to get 48,000 otd in CA for a while. 49-49,500 would be my guess
I'm guess it's because the '16 model just came out?
Maybe I should wait a bit longer before going for a buy...

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?