jameshan
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Old 05-08-19, 03:15 AM
Chados
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E46CT
^Nice. whats your fuel consumption like? Gloss black trim and you'll be set to go. maybe some black lug nuts too. those things stick out. i assume the wheels came black

Guess that was for me? Yes the wheels came black. The fuel consumption is anywhere between 0.4ish - 0,65. I feel this hybrid car is about the same as a diesel at higher speed but more economic at lower speeds. The only complaint I have is that Lexus is a rarity although more common now than before in Europe while in the US its probably as common if not more than say BMW. Spare parts are therefore harder to get. Else from that I think it'd a much more valuable and more more comfortable drive than the Germans.
Old 05-08-19, 07:22 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by Chados
Guess that was for me? Yes the wheels came black. The fuel consumption is anywhere between 0.4ish - 0,65. I feel this hybrid car is about the same as a diesel at higher speed but more economic at lower speeds. The only complaint I have is that Lexus is a rarity although more common now than before in Europe while in the US its probably as common if not more than say BMW. Spare parts are therefore harder to get. Else from that I think it'd a much more valuable and more more comfortable drive than the Germans.
And we don't get the hybrid in North America, so it would definitely be a rarity here. Nice ride you have!
Old 05-08-19, 08:16 AM
Chados
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
And we don't get the hybrid in North America, so it would definitely be a rarity here. Nice ride you have!

Ah that's why he asked maybe, I was thinking it had to do with the wheels. I used to live in the US but I'm Swedish so this was bought in Sweden. The hybrids are extremely quiet, the sport mode will give off a sporty sound at higher speeds which I think you'll get with any new IS regardless if hybrid. You also get a little extra kick I think with the hybrid engine making it accelerate faster (I believe).

I got this car super cheap and it only rolled 10000 miles
Old 05-09-19, 03:23 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

I hope Lexus brings the IS hybrid to the states for the next gen. They need plug-ins too. Super embarrassing and a shame that Lexus offers no plug in hybrids. The BMW plug in 330e is already bringing its second generation in. Second. i think much of BMW's line up is hybrid plug-in-ified

Can go 30 miles or so solely on electric. As does the 530e and 730e. I think the range goes down slightly as the cars get heavier.

an ES300h plug in hybrid would be pretty nice.
Old 05-10-19, 05:34 AM
Chados
Driver School Candidate

I hope Lexus brings the IS hybrid to the states for the next gen. They need plug-ins too. Super embarrassing and a shame that Lexus offers no plug in hybrids. The BMW plug in 330e is already bringing its second generation in. Second. i think much of BMW's line up is hybrid plug-in-ified

Can go 30 miles or so solely on electric. As does the 530e and 730e. I think the range goes down slightly as the cars get heavier.

an ES300h plug in hybrid would be pretty nice.

Yeah I agree, Even Kia has started with it. I'm not a fan of bmw though as I find them much more uncomfortable to drive and way too expensive for their reliability. They are fantastic on the road though which is kinda the thing with BMW. BMW has the highest cost to own our of all cars with Lexus Toyota and scion (all made by Toyota) being the lowest. German cars are much bigger in Europe and I had a Mercedes too, an old one and very reliable and comfy but they don't match up with Lexus when it comes to the new ones. I have many friends that had to repair these brands constantly and I would be very careful buying a new BMW hybrid. Not sure how it is in the US but if the hybrid engine, the Normal engine, gearbox etc breaks you'll have a 10 year warranty as long as you do the service at lexus/Toyota and its fixed for free. You basically have the best warranty on the market
Old 05-10-19, 07:35 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by Chados
Yeah I agree, Even Kia has started with it. I'm not a fan of bmw though as I find them much more uncomfortable to drive and way too expensive for their reliability. They are fantastic on the road though which is kinda the thing with BMW. BMW has the highest cost to own our of all cars with Lexus Toyota and scion (all made by Toyota) being the lowest. German cars are much bigger in Europe and I had a Mercedes too, an old one and very reliable and comfy but they don't match up with Lexus when it comes to the new ones. I have many friends that had to repair these brands constantly and I would be very careful buying a new BMW hybrid. Not sure how it is in the US but if the hybrid engine, the Normal engine, gearbox etc breaks you'll have a 10 year warranty as long as you do the service at lexus/Toyota and its fixed for free. You basically have the best warranty on the market
I am pretty sure "BMW hybrid engines" are just the same engines as in the standard models they're related too. All BMW does is sandwich an electric motor where the torque converter would normally go in a normal automatic 8 speed. So they add a motor and a battery. not much complexity really. I haven't really heard of any "problems" with them. I pondered an E-3 series before.. since the F30 hybrids are dirt cheap to lease. but they only have 12 miles e-range. The G20 hybrid should have a lot more e-range. Could commute for free by simply charging once every two days. And you'd get RWD driving dynamics. you can have the best of both worlds. thats what i like about that kind of setup.
Old 05-10-19, 07:45 AM
Chados
Driver School Candidate

I am pretty sure "BMW hybrid engines" are just the same engines as in the standard models they're related too. All BMW does is sandwich an electric motor where the torque converter would normally go in a normal automatic 8 speed. So they add a motor and a battery. not much complexity really. I haven't really heard of any "problems" with them. I pondered an E-3 series before.. since the F30 hybrids are dirt cheap to lease. but they only have 12 miles e-range. The G20 hybrid should have a lot more e-range. Could commute for free by simply charging once every two days. And you'd get RWD driving dynamics. you can have the best of both worlds. thats what i like about that kind of setup.

You could be correct about the reliability but for the price and the reliability on (previous) cars, a Lexus is a much safer bet. Its cheaper to lease a BMW for a few years than to buy and sell. If you have the money to own a BMW and repair it you'd probably be quite happy, it's just the amount of money and the warranty at least we get on a Lexus in Sweden is miles ahead of BMW. Owning a lexus is cheaper than owning a Kia if you look at statistics, BMW is two times more than a Lexus looking at repair, insurance etc.

BMW is a great brand to drive just not to own.
Old 05-10-19, 08:00 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,370 Posts

I am pretty sure "BMW hybrid engines" are just the same engines as in the standard models they're related too. All BMW does is sandwich an electric motor where the torque converter would normally go in a normal automatic 8 speed. So they add a motor and a battery. not much complexity really.
My personal opinion...this is not a hybrid. They can call it that, and maybe legally it meets the requirement to use that label, but I'm sorry, that's an insult to a real hybrid vehicle. At best it's fancy Start/Stop technology.
When you look at the Prius, CT, ES, Highlander, etc....those are hybrid vehicles, plugin or not.
I would agree it will give you some fuel savings over the regular gasoline equivalent BMW model...but it's still not a hybrid...not a real one at least.
Old 05-13-19, 05:59 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by truu
Photographer: @patrickparong
Looking great, have you done the arks in the rear yet? Any full side shot?
Old 05-13-19, 06:15 AM
lance55
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jameshan
Looking awesome. What rear diffuser is that? Any more pics?
Old 05-13-19, 10:44 PM
truu
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffhokie
Looking great, have you done the arks in the rear yet? Any full side shot?
Nah still riding on stock rears. Just got back from vacation so I'll be continuing it this weekend.
Old 05-14-19, 01:54 AM
jameshan
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by lance55
Looking awesome. What rear diffuser is that? Any more pics?
Thank you. It’s from jcsportline
The following 3 users liked this post by jameshan:
gbgary (05-15-19), jennypenny (06-25-19), lance55 (05-15-19)
Old 05-18-19, 02:22 PM
JGO
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by JGO:
arentz07 (05-23-19), jennypenny (06-25-19)
Old 05-18-19, 04:05 PM
zzwjwl
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new member

picked this up today at a carmax today. 2014 is350 F sport with 35.5k.

The following users liked this post:
lance55 (05-20-19)

Quick Reply: Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!