IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Thoughts of the Remote Touch Interface....Disappointed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-13, 10:35 PM
LEXUS1904
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts of the Remote Touch Interface....Disappointed?

Today marks the first week of ownership of my car, I'm infatuated with everything about my 350 f-sport. But i must say i am disappointed with the Remote Touch Interface. I often find myself frustrated trying to find the right tracks/songs on my iPhone. i've notice if you're playing songs through bluetooth it lags really bad when starting the car. I've also notice that if you connect the iPhone directly into the system via USB it'll help tremendously with the lag and connectivity, by doing this it'll even remember what track you left on. The NAVI portion of the system is ok, i haven't had any issues yet, but i will add that the screen froze on my once while driving. Hopefully Lexus will come out with an updated firmware. Oh yeah and i wish there actual "Back" button next to the mouse IMO. Has anybody else had any issues?
Old 07-08-13, 05:10 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

in general, it is probably the best to connect it via wire, as you charge your phone as well... there was an firmware update for navs before 7/1.
Old 07-08-13, 08:17 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Just dump all your music to a USB stick and leave it in the car. It's very easy to search songs with touch remote and you can even use voice command.
Old 07-08-13, 08:24 AM
mmims2000
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Just dump all your music to a USB stick and leave it in the car. It's very easy to search songs with touch remote and you can even use voice command.
Do you know if it's possible to make/save playlists using a USB stick? I'd prefer not to hassle with plugging in my iPhone everytime I get in and out of the car, and I don't have another iPod with enough memory for all my music. I could just buy one I guess, but if I can get away with just using a USB stick, I'd rather do that.
Old 07-08-13, 09:22 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by mmims2000
Do you know if it's possible to make/save playlists using a USB stick? I'd prefer not to hassle with plugging in my iPhone everytime I get in and out of the car, and I don't have another iPod with enough memory for all my music. I could just buy one I guess, but if I can get away with just using a USB stick, I'd rather do that.
I don't see a way to make a playlist using Lexus system but might be able to create a playlist from iTunes and dump the file in USB. But I need to try it to see if it will work.
Old 07-08-13, 07:08 PM
561Lexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS1904
Today marks the first week of ownership of my car, I'm infatuated with everything about my 350 f-sport. But i must say i am disappointed with the Remote Touch Interface. I often find myself frustrated trying to find the right tracks/songs on my iPhone. i've notice if you're playing songs through bluetooth it lags really bad when starting the car. I've also notice that if you connect the iPhone directly into the system via USB it'll help tremendously with the lag and connectivity, by doing this it'll even remember what track you left on. The NAVI portion of the system is ok, i haven't had any issues yet, but i will add that the screen froze on my once while driving. Hopefully Lexus will come out with an updated firmware. Oh yeah and i wish there actual "Back" button next to the mouse IMO. Has anybody else had any issues?
Yeah... the firmware will definitely be updated soon... remember, this is about the most advanced navigation system Lexus has ever made... and it is sort of unstable at the moment...

Just a trick to note... if the Navi ever freezes or is running very slow, hold the Audio Power Button down for 3 seconds... it will reset the system... you can do this while the car is running or while you are driving... very useful and mine was running slow, i reset and it starts up working great.
Old 07-08-13, 07:57 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the Remote Touch system in my GS and when I went in and set it based on desired sensitivity I have no problem with it. I had an Audi prior and I do think the MMI "dial" is a better solution, but not enough to sway my decision. I use the steering wheel controls as often as possible.