IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Things you miss from the 2IS...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-13, 08:59 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Things you miss from the 2IS...

Funny how much the excitement BLINDS you (really me) from scoping out features of the vehicle you've grown to love/cant live without.... =(

Off the bat, two things...

1) I need a cubby!! I have to place my iPhone above the shifter/mouse which tends to slide around a bit.... =( And where am I supposed to keep my loose change for trips down to areas where I have to dock my IS at a bay full of parking meters?? I guess it doesn't matter much now that most of them take credit cards...

2) WHERE DO I PUT MY SUNGLASSES!!! I cant believe I didn't notice that cubby near the rear view mirror was no longer there. lord knows the 2015/16 models will make minor changes to the interior (like they always do) and ill be sitting in one my buddies NEWER 3IS and start to think..."I should've waited".

whos with me? =P
Old 07-12-13, 09:03 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Definitely the sunglasses holder and cooled seats.
Old 07-12-13, 09:06 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Richie, had a Genesis with motorized memory seats and steering wheel, rain sensitive wipers, parking beepers front and back, hill assist, tilting rearview mirrors, adaptive cruise control, hill assist, LWDS, air cooled seat, cubby for glasses and iphone, oh man I'm sure there's more. But I don't miss any of it for 2 reasons:

My IS350 Fsport is so much fun and is so well engineered.
I bought it, it's mine -- so I only focus on what it does do .

Best!
Old 07-12-13, 09:57 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put my phone in the cup holder and glasses in the center console. I don't miss my 2is at all. The 3is is a thousand times nicer and looks way cooler.
Old 07-12-13, 10:13 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Default Agreed...

I totally agree with you both...I don't miss the car but I miss some things.

Kind of like when you break up with a girl. You'll never get back with her BUUUUT....she used to hold my sunglasses...and im going to miss that. lol...
Old 07-12-13, 11:20 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait a second, there are no ventilated/cooled seats???

Oh, and does the car have an actual clock? Not that stupid thing in the middle of the dashboard. I mean, I know how to tell time and all, just be nice for a digital one.

My dealer actually called to try and get me with the new lease special in the 250, but I said I heard they are changing the engine, and he is like oh...yeah....
Old 07-12-13, 12:03 PM
Alant514
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
I put my phone in the cup holder and glasses in the center console. I don't miss my 2is at all. The 3is is a thousand times nicer and looks way cooler.
I do the same thing, put my phone in the cupholder
Old 07-12-13, 12:44 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I miss all the mods I had.
Old 07-12-13, 12:47 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Default i want luxury plus f-sport options please!

Originally Posted by LexusSC430
Wait a second, there are no ventilated/cooled seats???

Oh, and does the car have an actual clock? Not that stupid thing in the middle of the dashboard. I mean, I know how to tell time and all, just be nice for a digital one.

My dealer actually called to try and get me with the new lease special in the 250, but I said I heard they are changing the engine, and he is like oh...yeah....
At the moment the ventilated seat is an option on the luxury package which cannot be combined with the f-sport package. Although I have seen luxury items (ventilated seats, memory seats) on the hybrid version and the AWD version. So I'm just assuming its only available on those trims.

it does have an analog again which is a nice touch IMHO. I don't like the "VCR" (hope people still get the reference) digital clock.

and if they follow trends...the new engine will be a turbo-ed four banger...it would be interesting...
Old 07-12-13, 12:56 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Default cup holder = double edge sword...

Originally Posted by Alant514
I do the same thing, put my phone in the cupholder
3IS vs 2IS - the cup holder(s) are in a MUCH better place when you're driving. But if I'm texting/changing songs (spotify), the amount of bend in my elbow to reach the phone if placed in the cup holder is annoying. I want that ash tray back...I removed the ash tray in the 2IS and it was perfect... =/
Old 07-12-13, 01:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by thejaperu
3IS vs 2IS - the cup holder(s) are in a MUCH better place when you're driving. But if I'm texting/changing songs (spotify), the amount of bend in my elbow to reach the phone if placed in the cup holder is annoying. I want that ash tray back...I removed the ash tray in the 2IS and it was perfect... =/
Function over form - get a visor sunglasses clip. I have that in the CT since the sunglass holder is not large enough.
Old 07-12-13, 01:26 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

But 3IS gains so many features it's worth it. Now you can customize anything in vehicle settings. I just changed my car to lock doors automatically when the car is moving over 15mph.

Last edited by dojoman; 07-12-13 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-12-13, 01:44 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
But 3IS gains so many features it's worth it. Now you can customize anything in vehicle settings. I just changed my car to look doors automatically when the car is moving over 15mph.
Hi. How do you do that. I would like that.
Old 07-12-13, 01:48 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Hi. How do you do that. I would like that.
Go to menu, settings, vehicle settings. You can change many things like lighting and door locks. I changed from auto lock when shift to P in default to auto lock when car is moving.
Old 07-12-13, 02:23 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thejaperu
At the moment the ventilated seat is an option on the luxury package which cannot be combined with the f-sport package. Although I have seen luxury items (ventilated seats, memory seats) on the hybrid version and the AWD version. So I'm just assuming its only available on those trims.

it does have an analog again which is a nice touch IMHO. I don't like the "VCR" (hope people still get the reference) digital clock.

and if they follow trends...the new engine will be a turbo-ed four banger...it would be interesting...
I get how the clock looks in the 2IS, however...the clock in the middle of the dash may be nice...but cant they put the time in the nav or the center area by the temp? Isnt safety a concern...so we hear? Isnt it easier to read a digital clock than analog one? and yes, I passed the 3rd grade.

As for the seats, I have rented many cars for work and you can totally tell the difference between regular seats and ventilated seats. Had the pleasure of driving a 300C hemi, heated an cooled steering wheel, cooled cup holders. Not using the touch screen. Sometimes I feel like Lexus copies what Mercedes does or feels pressure to. Actually, I take that back...I never thought they did until now.

This is coming from someone who has only driven Toyota/Lexus cars.

Quick Reply: Things you miss from the 2IS...