IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Pre Ordering Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-13, 12:15 PM
bshaw777
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre Ordering Advice

Hello all, about to pull the trigger on Thursday and preorder a 350 F-Sport!!

Anything I need to be aware of OR beware of? Thanks
Old 07-30-13, 01:39 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you mean you are ordering one that is already due into your region, or special order from the factory? If you are special ordering, just be prepared to wait 3-4 months for it. I am 2 1/2 months into my special order and my dealer does not even know if it has been built yet. Lexus is not great with providing information to their dealers about orders.
If you are ordering one from allocation then you have nothing to worry about as it should only be a few weeks.
Congrats...
Old 07-30-13, 01:57 PM
bshaw777
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
Do you mean you are ordering one that is already due into your region, or special order from the factory? If you are special ordering, just be prepared to wait 3-4 months for it. I am 2 1/2 months into my special order and my dealer does not even know if it has been built yet. Lexus is not great with providing information to their dealers about orders.
If you are ordering one from allocation then you have nothing to worry about as it should only be a few weeks.
Congrats...
Yes, sorry I should have clarified. I am doing a special order. Are all the price negotiations, etc done at the time of special order or when the car arrives. Should I be asking if they can throw in a freebie like tinted windows or something else at this time?
Old 07-30-13, 02:42 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by bshaw777
Yes, sorry I should have clarified. I am doing a special order. Are all the price negotiations, etc done at the time of special order or when the car arrives. Should I be asking if they can throw in a freebie like tinted windows or something else at this time?
You'll be in no position to negotiate when the car comes in, since the dealer already knows you want it and likely has your deposit. You can ask for anything you want.
Old 07-30-13, 02:45 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bshaw777
Do all of your final negotiations prior to the commitment to the order as if the car was there on the lot as you will be signing a contract with the price. I also had to put a sizable non refundable deposit so be prepared for the possibility of that as well.