IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-13, 08:50 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Terrible...hopefully they don't screw up the new rim when they mount it...
lol yeah if they do that ...im driving the car back to showroom and getting out of the lease and never buying another lexus again....which i really hope not because i love the car
Old 08-20-13, 08:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Doesn't have anything to do with Lexus, its the dealership. Bad dealers are out there for every brand...

I might insist that I stand there and watch them mount the tire on the new rim...
Old 08-21-13, 01:34 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportlex
lol yeah if they do that ...im driving the car back to showroom and getting out of the lease and never buying another lexus again....which i really hope not because i love the car
Get out of that lease an change dealer!! It's a great car, but your dealser realy sucks.
Old 08-21-13, 05:54 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

Doesn't have anything to do with Lexus, its the dealership. Bad dealers are out there for every brand...

I might insist that I stand there and watch them mount the tire on the new rim...

I wish i could stand there and watch them but i cant...im the head trader for my firm and have to be in 8-4pm so thats not an option....if theres a problem when i pick up my car today at 430 i will have my attorney get me out of my lease and go to a different dealership......

I also told them to check my other lug bolts becuase when you tighten them that hard you may stretch the bolts also...

Just frustrating thats all
Old 08-21-13, 06:39 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you have to love how shady some dealers are. I haven't had as bad a luck as you, but mine chipped the rocker panel paint before I'd had my car a week or even 40 miles on it. They said they could re paint the car, I just di some touchup and wet sanded it myself, almost can't tell it's there and it's on the bottom. Sometimes they just make matters worse by trying to skimp on fixing it and only end up paying more for the repair in the end had they just never dicked with it in the first place. But I've found auto dealers to be the same from your Kia to your Lexus. They just have a nicer presentation. The underlying philosophy remains the same.
Old 08-21-13, 07:06 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

yeah im going to tell them tomorrow to cancel my appt with the "rim Doctor" and tell them i want a new wheel you guys are right they should have known how to change their own tire its redic and he had the ***** to tell me the gash was there and so were the scuffs lol pure peasants !!!

you can see the gash and the scuffs on the spoke of the wheel and how they totally took off the color of the rim its crazy how they would just give me my car that way and say nothing
because they don't G A S... that's why they gave you back your car with a ******up wheel. i've dealt with Massapequa and Rockville Centre. it's a shame... the people that they employ there. GET A NEW WHEEL, **** a wheel doctor, and if they use the same company that Rockville Centre uses then your wheel will probably be worse. NEW CAR... NEW WHEEL.
Old 08-21-13, 07:39 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I wish i could stand there and watch them but i cant...im the head trader for my firm and have to be in 8-4pm so thats not an option....if theres a problem when i pick up my car today at 430 i will have my attorney get me out of my lease and go to a different dealership......
You do have to keep perspective though. There's no reason to pay an attorney and get out of your lease, its a wheel and it can easily be replaced. If it were a body panel or something they screwed up that might be different.

The dealer has nothing to do with your lease, they just sold you the car. You can take the car to any Lexus dealership.
Old 08-21-13, 08:25 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

I also told them to check my other lug bolts becuase when you tighten them that hard you may stretch the bolts also...

Just frustrating thats all
Dude its time for you to speak to the owner of Lexus of Massapequa and let him know the issues you've had since Day 1 !?!? The simple fact that they accused you of lying is bad enough but this is ridiculous !! You may want to use their free internet service to log into clublexus and show him this thread and all the great publicity his service department is now getting !!!??

Hope it works out for you !! No customer deserves to be treated this way ...... whether its a $50k vehicle or a $50 dinner !?!?
Old 08-21-13, 08:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Not a bad idea...
Old 08-25-13, 04:42 PM
SGIS14
Driver School Candidate

sad to hear this happen to you, hope the dealer mans up and takes care of their ***k up
Old 08-25-13, 05:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Whatever happened wit this Fsportlex?
Old 08-28-13, 12:31 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Whatever happened wit this Fsportlex?

So i got the car back with the wheel when they fixed it....came out a totally different color didnt even match......upon driving the car home becuase i needed to get home i thought maybe clean the other wheels and they would match not the case lol didnt match...

I notice when im sitting on my stop that my rear tire the one they fixed had only four lug nuts

thats when i got closer and say that who ever put the wheel on the car snapped the lug bolt right off the car.

totally in disbelief i called back the dealer where i bought the car and service and told them im smashing my car thru their dealerships lol cursed them out and spoke to corporate and the manager and the other mananger

went back the next day and they put a brand new wheel, tire, and changed the whole assembly instead of replacing the one lug. Gave me a 50 dollar gas card, and service for 5 years for free

GOT my wheel brand new thank god and i am never going back there again
Old 08-28-13, 12:32 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
Dude its time for you to speak to the owner of Lexus of Massapequa and let him know the issues you've had since Day 1 !?!? The simple fact that they accused you of lying is bad enough but this is ridiculous !! You may want to use their free internet service to log into clublexus and show him this thread and all the great publicity his service department is now getting !!!??

Hope it works out for you !! No customer deserves to be treated this way ...... whether its a $50k vehicle or a $50 dinner !?!?
They are out of control at this place lol they gave me back my car with a lug nut snapped off and a mis matched wheel ...completely pissed off at this point....they ended up apologizing like hell, 50 dollar gas card, service for 5 years, and new rim and hub assembly ....NEVER going back there again,

Felt my car got raped
Old 08-28-13, 01:07 PM
KeyserS
Rookie

Default Forums of this sort are best used for this kind of thing

It is in situations such as this that Internet forums yield their real potential. All of the semi-useful advice on how to do this mod or that maintenance, etc., is helpful, but the sum value of all of that is nothing in comparison to the value that results from the fact that when a dealer screws up and tries to screw you over an accuses you of lying, you have a way here to let the whole world know about. As soon as they see this kind of thing on line, they very quickly begin to behave in the way they would have in the first place, had they been a fully reputable dealership.

Most of us now have an older digital camera lying around somewhere, that we have since replaced with a newer and better camera, and don't use anymore. I think it can be very handy to keep a camera of that sort in the car, assuming that you remember to charge the battery occasionally. This way, when you take the car into have anything done, you can snap a few pictures of the wheels, the scuff plates, the interior, and any other part that the service techs are likely to come in contact with. Then what you do, when you arrive at the service desk, is have the camera with you, and you show the service writer a few of the pictures that you have just taken. You can be reasonably certain that if you do that, the service writer is going to jot down notes and likely even make a quick run into the shop to tell the techs to take extra care with the car.

I have had wheels damaged before and have been through the business of "wheel repair". If ever I were presented with that again, my response would be okay but only if there are willing to agree in writing that if there is any evidence of wheel damage after the repair they will replace the wheel, and if the wheel doesn't match the others, they will replace the wheel, or else repaint (for a painted wheel) all four wheels. I've never had polished wheels, but the issue with polishing is that it is next to impossible to polish anything to match exactly the way it was polished originally, unless perhaps you are talking about a perfect mirror polish, which is rare.
Old 08-29-13, 06:25 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 219 Likes on 153 Posts

Wow. I had my 2010 RX350 and 2011 IS350 AWD at Massapequa for service for 3 years. They always did right by me. One of their techs scuffed the driver's side bolster on the IS that I didn't see until after I got home. I brought it back and they took the car immediately to their upholsterer to replace the panel on the seat cover, no questions asked.

Granted, that was a couple of years ago. Things may have changed. The service department I knew would have sent the wheel immediately to Wheel Fix It when I pointed out the problem. Shame when the places you trust let you down.

Quick Reply: Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(