IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-13, 02:50 PM
enoren
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No need to keep the manual in the trunk. The My Lexus app includes a PDF of the entire manual, so you just need your phone with you.
Old 10-13-13, 03:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by enoren
No need to keep the manual in the trunk. The My Lexus app includes a PDF of the entire manual, so you just need your phone with you.
That's pretty cool. Is that Enform? In Canada we don't have that. I found Enform on Google Apps, I'll see if I can download it and find anything we can use up here.
Old 10-13-13, 04:27 PM
enoren
Pole Position

Not Enform, but My Lexus. Not sure if you can get it in Canada, but here's the U.S. iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-l...644609834?mt=8.
Old 10-25-13, 10:09 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default Snow Flake Symbol Temp below 5C

Nice attention to detail on the display which indicates a snowflake from 4 Celsius or lower (showing 3 Celsius in the pic). I wonder if it gets more dramatic at or below freezing...

In the US, when do you guys see it? Should be around 40F or lower...
Attached Thumbnails Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-temp1.jpg   Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-temp2.jpg  
Old 10-25-13, 12:09 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Nice attention to detail on the display which indicates a snowflake from 4 Celsius or lower (showing 3 Celsius in the pic). I wonder if it gets more dramatic at or below freezing...

The ice warning symbol is standard on all modern cars
At least in the EU. I believe it is required by the standard car regulation for the EU.
Same as the ESP system also is required on any new car manufactored after 2014 and sold in the EU.
Old 10-25-13, 12:11 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Didn't notice this before, but the sunshade actually has a slip where you can attach parking permits, so they are stuck to your sunshade, and all you have to do is fold it down to make the permit visible in the windshield.

However where i live they require all permits to lay visible on the dashboard or lower part of windscreen
Old 10-26-13, 12:12 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
Didn't notice this before, but the sunshade actually has a slip where you can attach parking permits, so they are stuck to your sunshade, and all you have to do is fold it down to make the permit visible in the windshield. However where i live they require all permits to lay visible on the dashboard or lower part of windscreen
Interesting way to look at the function of the sun visor slot. It appears in 2 Gen IS as well. The original purpose of the slot is to hold a paid parking ticket so when you exit the parking lot, your parking ticket is at your finger's tip. In my country, a lot of parking lot ticket is made of hard paper and so it works.

Thanks for the creative way of using the slot. . To me, with some twist, it is possible to put a sticker permit in the sun visor slot instead of putting the sticker in the windshield.
Old 10-30-13, 10:55 AM
cpham4
Driver School Candidate

I noticed the side mirrors don't say "objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

I hated that message on my older cars.. we all know that already!
Old 10-30-13, 01:42 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cpham4
I noticed the side mirrors don't say "objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

Is your car equipped with the BSM? Wonder if the non-BSM vehicles have that mirror message.
Old 10-30-13, 01:56 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

They finally moved the objects further
Old 10-30-13, 04:13 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Good detail and I never even noticed until this post. Well, the non-BSM folks like me have the infamous warning.
Attached Thumbnails Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-mirror.jpg  
Old 10-30-13, 06:09 PM
BoredWork
Driver School Candidate

Haha that's what it means?
All this time when it's cold out I'm wondering what that light was and never cross my mind about temp....by the time I get out from garage to side street the light is gone...now I know from warming up
Old 10-30-13, 07:13 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Originally Posted by moose66
Is your car equipped with the BSM? Wonder if the non-BSM vehicles have that mirror message.
It doesn't matter if you have BSM or not, the warming label is only on the passenger side. So if you've only checked the driver side go look at the other side.
Old 10-31-13, 05:01 AM
antonyw
Driver School Candidate

Nice attention to detail on the display which indicates a snowflake from 4 Celsius or lower (showing 3 Celsius in the pic). I wonder if it gets more dramatic at or below freezing... In the US, when do you guys see it? Should be around 40F or lower...
37F, just saw it on Monday coming over the pass on I5 from Oregon to CA. Some early morning thick fog banks(low clouds) made me really want some fog lights for the first time in my life.
Attached Thumbnails Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-image-3974184942.jpg  
Old 10-31-13, 05:17 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Thanks for confirming.

Quick Reply: Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)