IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-13, 05:19 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
Do you mean rewind part of the song? Or the entire bit. I've been looking for this feature in every modern car... With the mouse controller you would expect to be able to select any part of the song you want to play.

I'm not around my car to test this.
It cache the last 15 min of radio. Only works for AM/FM not Satellite.
Old 12-21-13, 06:07 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
It cache the last 15 min of radio. Only works for AM/FM not Satellite.
The radio in the 3IS has this feature? Pretty cool.
Old 12-21-13, 06:19 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

im glad there was an option to turn off that damn green ECO light that comes on at certain throttle positions
Old 12-21-13, 06:22 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
im glad there was an option to turn off that damn green ECO light that comes on at certain throttle positions
How do you turn "that damn green ECO light" off?
Old 12-21-13, 06:25 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CtSFox
How do you turn "that damn green ECO light" off?
I use that menu when you move the F Sport gauges to the side, its somewhere in there. Im out of town atm so I dont have the exact procedure
Old 12-21-13, 06:32 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
I use that menu when you move the F Sport gauges to the side, its somewhere in there. Im out of town atm so I dont have the exact procedure
That's fine. That points me in the right direction, thanks. I just was being lazy about going out to my car to get the manual!
Old 12-21-13, 06:53 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Default Turning Off Eco Liight

So I got off my butt and got the manual. For those who might be interested, Go to the Multi-information display after moving the meter to the right. Then select settings display, then deactivate ECO driving indicator light.
Old 12-22-13, 03:16 AM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wulfstan
It's just too bad, it's not synced with the manual clock...
Well it does state on that screen that the clock is solely for the nav entertainment system.

Was playing around with it because I noticed it was off by an hour. I had to turn off DST so looks like it will have to be toggled on time changes.

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
Do you mean rewind part of the song? Or the entire bit. I've been looking for this feature in every modern car... With the mouse controller you would expect to be able to select any part of the song you want to play.

I'm not around my car to test this.
As dojoman says, there is a 15 minute buffer for HD Radio so you can rewind up to 15min. The rewind is basic, no pinpointing with the mouse. Still a nice feature that I'm not sure if any other cars have.

I would not doubt it though if it could be cause of the Nav system failures some have been having. I remember when DVRs first came out, the hard drives were failing like crazy. I found I could lengthen their duration by making sure to hit the "Live" button before turning the unit off. I of course am praying to be wrong on this because I'm simply paranoid by all the DVR failures I've seen.
Old 12-22-13, 02:34 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I noticed today (F Sport) that if you have the speedo/tach to the right, you can control the radio stations with the right side steering wheel control (up/down).
Old 12-24-13, 05:16 PM
Base9se
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noticed a snowflake as long as it's <=40F outside
Attached Thumbnails Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-image-3467374450.jpg  
Old 12-24-13, 11:53 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Base9se
Noticed a snowflake as long as it's <=40F outside
What remix of Applause is that
Old 12-25-13, 06:32 AM
Cougar24
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eyeball
What remix of Applause is that
I'm going to go out on a limb and say its this one:

Old 12-25-13, 11:12 AM
Base9se
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cougar24
I'm going to go out on a limb and say its this one: Video Link: http://youtu.be/jBnp9X2bPLg
That's correct!
Old 12-25-13, 12:31 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

3IS air filter (right) is different compared to the 2IS (left). I noticed it the other day when I was transferring the JoeZ intake off the 2IS to the 3IS.

Old 12-25-13, 07:52 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ok so i have a question and observation.
re the setting menu when the speedo is to the right there are 2 driver settings driver 1 and driver 2. when you navigate to these screens you have options for i forget exactly but it has to do with the eco meter and i think the information displayed as for range and fuel economy displays.

first question, does driver 1 and 2 refer to the 2 different positions of the cluster? or 2 different sets of data?
second question, some of the settings allow you to choose "Blank" meaning "do not display" do not display what information?
Third question, i really want to see my average fuel economy displayed as a numerical figure, not try to decipher what the average fuel economy is based on the little arrow on the bar graph.

does anyone know if it is possible to display the average fuel as a number on any of the displays? the only place i can find it is on the navigation screen and would like to have this in the instrument cluster.

also does anyone think the fuel economy screens that are displayed on the instrument cluster have a lot of dead space?
what i mean is one screen has the bar graph, seems like the numerical value could be displayed at the bottom in the same screen or maybe distance to empty might be useful on this screen.

there is 1 screen thats totally blank! what is the reason for this?

NEVERMIND! i figured it out! lol the manual is not very clear and i was over thinking the menus a little.

so while we are on the subject, what did you guys set for each of the 2 displays?
for me display 1 is average fuel economy after reset and the bottom is the bar graph
display 2 is average fuel economy since refuel and the bottom is range
this makes more sense to me, screen 1 shows my actual fuel economy and resets both when i hold the menu button, and the 2nd display means what I've average for the tank and how many miles left to go. so when i refuel this average should match a manual calculation based on gallons to fill it up (used fuel) verses miles driven assuming i reset the trip meter.

however now that i think about it, was there a miles driven since last refuel? i can't remember.. i know there was average speed and elapsed time was there a miles driven since refuel? i think not.

Last edited by Bass Mech; 12-25-13 at 08:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)