IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-13, 11:49 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhs82
Yes, that is really odd. I believe people in Sweden and Norway have equal demands on their cars. Why not the same equipment then?
Swedish Lexus buyers don't care about the sunroof. I had a 09 2IS Sport with sunroof, which was quite unique. The dealer (biggest Lexus dealer in Sweden) said my car is the only one they sold with a sunroof and "X wheel" as winter wheels.
Old 08-28-13, 11:55 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown

Swedish Lexus buyers don't care about the sunroof. I had a 09 2IS Sport with sunroof, which was quite unique. The dealer (biggest Lexus dealer in Sweden) said my car is the only one they sold with a sunroof and "X wheel" as winter wheels.
I also notice it seems to be the case for Lexus vehicles in Japan. Sunroof is always an individual option to be added on.
Old 08-28-13, 12:08 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
4. Non-ML versions have a questionable grainy matte black plastic in the console.
You must have a non-nav version? Non ML w/nav have a MicroSD card slot cover in the center like this:

Old 08-28-13, 03:02 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
Strange. Tried this. But "warmer" became "playing song mother" when my car tried to understand it
Same with me. Do you have navigation? I don't have it and that could be it.

Originally Posted by offroad200
Danzig?

Make sure expanded voice commands are turned on. It's turned on by default here. It's under setup,voice. Or you may not have that option in Norway.
Same issue with Canada. I think it's a Nav feature. With our loaded RX F-Sport, I believe that works. I'll have to check it out later.
Old 08-28-13, 07:21 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Another interesting discovery...

So I set my tire pressure to my usual 33 PSI since the dealer always over-inflates to 37-38. I then checked the recommend pressure out of curiosity and I expected to see around 32-33. Nope. 36! Highest I've seen with any car I've owned.
Attached Thumbnails Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-tirepressure.jpg  
Old 08-28-13, 08:42 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same with me. Do you have navigation? I don't have it and that could be it.

Same issue with Canada. I think it's a Nav feature. With our loaded RX F-Sport, I believe that works. I'll have to check it out later.

Yes. Navi and ML package in my car.
Guess I'll have to read the manual for navi back to back
Old 08-29-13, 02:36 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. Navi and ML package in my car.
Guess I'll have to read the manual for navi back to back
It's was the same on the 2IS. Some of the US voice commands never worked on my last fully loaded 250. It seems like we have different voice command software.
Old 08-29-13, 04:06 AM
RA040224
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I set my tire pressure to my usual 33 PSI since the dealer always over-inflates to 37-38. I then checked the recommend pressure out of curiosity and I expected to see around 32-33. Nope. 36! Highest I've seen with any car I've owned.
On my last three cars (Ford Focus ST170, Ford Kuga, Lexus IS 300h) the tire pressure has always been 40 PSI on the summer tires. I asked about it, and the answer was that the modern low profile tires are so good that they can be filled almost to the maximum and still retain their shape. You will not get uneven wear. Two different tire dealers and the Lexus dealer agrees
Old 08-29-13, 07:53 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
It's was the same on the 2IS. Some of the US voice commands never worked on my last fully loaded 250. It seems like we have different voice command software.
I read the manual back to back today.
Does not say a word about climate control and voice comand to the climate.
Voice comand works with music, navigation and phone.
Old 08-29-13, 08:35 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

I read the manual back to back today.
Does not say a word about climate control and voice comand to the climate.
Voice comand works with music, navigation and phone.
This was a similar case for 2006 IS with navigation in Canada. Back then, IS equipped with Navi sold in US can use voice command to control the climate but it didn't work with the Canadian software. I find this is one area where Lexus has been lacking. The software offering varies from country to country. I understand some services (say, HD Radio) are specific to countries. But climate control is just a oversight, IMO.
Old 08-29-13, 08:37 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Actually the required pressure for 2IS is similar. For my 06' IS350 with 18" and 17" rims , the front takes 35 PSI and the back takes 37 PSI.

Interesting they make the pressure the same for the front and back this time, despite the staggered wheel setup.
Old 08-29-13, 10:27 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

I find it annoying at night that the arm rest console does not have a light in it when you open it up. Hard to find stuff at night when you open it up.....So i put an led light in there problem solvedd
Old 08-29-13, 03:28 PM
G8rGirl
Driver

Originally Posted by Fsportlex
I find it annoying at night that the arm rest console does not have a light in it when you open it up. Hard to find stuff at night when you open it up.....So i put an led light in there problem solvedd
Hardwired? Can you show a pic? Thanks!
Old 08-29-13, 04:10 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by AndyL
Actually the required pressure for 2IS is similar. For my 06' IS350 with 18" and 17" rims , the front takes 35 PSI and the back takes 37 PSI.
Ah, good to know. I didn't pay attention when I owned my 2IS so I therefore had them underinflated at around 34psi the whole time.
Old 08-29-13, 09:41 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by G8rGirl
Hardwired? Can you show a pic? Thanks!

Will post one up tomorrow for ya

Quick Reply: Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)