Originally Posted by Solara350
who is sitting there minhael ?
My ex haha.
Old 02-22-18, 07:39 AM
TRISTAN3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quickly made these renderings on photoshop
Attached Thumbnails what startup images are people using-lexjap.jpg   what startup images are people using-lexus-welcome-screen.jpg  
Old 07-20-18, 06:49 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

So I loaded a 1600 x 900 custom image based on what I previously read in this thread, but it doesn't fit the entire 10.3" screen? I chose one of them as a screen off image display, but it displays centered and smaller than the screen itself. I confirmed the image was a jpg plus 1600 x 900 pixels.

What is the correct image size that would fill the whole screen, whether used as a startup or screen off image?
Old 07-22-18, 06:27 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by unioncorps
So I loaded a 1600 x 900 custom image based on what I previously read in this thread, but it doesn't fit the entire 10.3" screen? I chose one of them as a screen off image display, but it displays centered and smaller than the screen itself. I confirmed the image was a jpg plus 1600 x 900 pixels.

What is the correct image size that would fill the whole screen, whether used as a startup or screen off image?
Check the display setting in the infotainment unit. I believe there is a setting to Center or Full Screen the image.
Old 07-29-18, 06:25 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Check the display setting in the infotainment unit. I believe there is a setting to Center or Full Screen the image.
Where is this display setting? I was playing around with it today and all I could update from clicking the "Display" option from the main menu was turning off the screen, along with the brightness - nothing about centering or making the image full screen. In the customize image setting option, I can only set an image to startup, screen off or both. Now, I'm able to make my Nav full screen, but I'm unsure about the custom startup/screen off images.

Am I looking in the wrong place for this setting or is my image resolution wrong? My images are jpeg and 1600 x 900 each... they seem to be scaled down size-wise when displayed and centered on the 10.3" screen.
Old 07-29-18, 06:36 PM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

I don't think you can make it full screen or "center" on the entire 12.3" screen. The reason why center is in quotes is that the 12.3" screens are kind of like 2 independent screen. It'll center on the main display towards the driver but not the span of the entire 12.3 display.

Most of these pictures on here are designed for a 7-8" screen.
Old 07-29-18, 06:47 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

^ Hmm... interesting. Good to know that the pics on here are for the older model Lexus's with smaller screens. I also am surprised that there are no 'official' specifications of the customized images, even in the driver's manual.

Do you (or anyone else on here) know the maximum pixel / resolution size that will display on a 2018's screen? Sounds like full screen is not possible...
Old 07-29-18, 08:55 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Where is this display setting? I was playing around with it today and all I could update from clicking the "Display" option from the main menu was turning off the screen, along with the brightness - nothing about centering or making the image full screen. In the customize image setting option, I can only set an image to startup, screen off or both. Now, I'm able to make my Nav full screen, but I'm unsure about the custom startup/screen off images.

Am I looking in the wrong place for this setting or is my image resolution wrong? My images are jpeg and 1600 x 900 each... they seem to be scaled down size-wise when displayed and centered on the 10.3" screen.
Lemme check when I get back to the vehicle...unfortunately that’s going to be end of next week.
On the west coast enjoying that Cali sunshine right now.
I hope I’m not confusing it with my Highlander...it also has the customizable start up/shutdown screens.
Unfortunately my Highlander is with my IS right now too.
Old 07-31-18, 11:17 AM
ZISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RotorPilot
I keep a pic of my daily driver up there
Nice Eurocopter, i mean airbus bird. Amazing machines, my dad works for the company that built those.
Old 08-05-18, 03:39 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Lemme check when I get back to the vehicle...unfortunately that’s going to be end of next week.
On the west coast enjoying that Cali sunshine right now.
I hope I’m not confusing it with my Highlander...it also has the customizable start up/shutdown screens.
Unfortunately my Highlander is with my IS right now too.
Were you able to check?
Old 08-07-18, 09:08 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Were you able to check?
I’ll be back at my car in 2 days and will check. I’m gonna check my Highlander too just to be sure.
Old 08-07-18, 06:15 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Thanks Sansnuke. Has anyone else with a 2017-2018 IS customized their startup and/or screen off images?? What image dimensions fit the screen??
Old 08-10-18, 03:21 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Sansnuke. Has anyone else with a 2017-2018 IS customized their startup and/or screen off images?? What image dimensions fit the screen??
I checked the IS, no option to center that I could find. However I have the stock images, so I'm gonna try load a custom one just to be 100% sure.
Wife's been hogging the Highlander...haven't been able to check it. I'm almost sure it has that option, and it already has a custom startup image.
Old 08-12-18, 11:32 AM
unioncorps
Intermediate

I checked the IS, no option to center that I could find. However I have the stock images, so I'm gonna try load a custom one just to be 100% sure.
Wife's been hogging the Highlander...haven't been able to check it. I'm almost sure it has that option, and it already has a custom startup image.
Thanks for looking into this man. I was able to find this through some digging... at least for the 2018 IS's, 1200x675 seems to be the best size. Seems there's no way to fill the screen using a custom image and the closest you're able to get it is using those dimensions centered on the screen.

Found here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...age-specs.html
Old 08-27-18, 07:07 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Thanks for looking into this man. I was able to find this through some digging... at least for the 2018 IS's, 1200x675 seems to be the best size. Seems there's no way to fill the screen using a custom image and the closest you're able to get it is using those dimensions centered on the screen.

Found here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...age-specs.html
Apologize for bringing this up again, but I didn't realize that the link I posted above was for a GS. Needless to say, my images I had resized to 1200x675 still look scaled/shrunken down and centered on the screen when displayed. So obviously 1200x675 isn't the optimal resolution for our IS's with a 10.3" screen, but seems like it does for the GS with a larger screen. And the sizes and images listed in previous posts within this thread I believe were for earlier models of the 3IS.

I've searched and googled what size image works best for the IS in particular with our 10.3" screen in a 2018 IS, but didn't find anything tangible and no one seems to know... Has anyone set a custom image that fits their screen as much as possible on a 2017 or 2018 IS, whether startup or screen off? I've seen somewhere else that 800x480 works, but I think that's specifically for a 2016 IS or earlier.

Quick Reply: what startup images are people using