IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 is 350 f sport edition negotiating price

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 12:16 PM
JulieKimD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah most likely I'll be waiting on it. I spoke to the best dealer at Sterling McCall.. He was great but again told me upfront the price is non negotiable right now. Sooooooooo yeah I'll be back maybe in a few months. At least it gives me time to save more money for a bigger down. He did a search of vehicles in the whole south region, including dealers in Texas, Louisiana, etc. The only dealers that had the vehicle on stock was Cali :/
Old 09-26-13, 01:26 PM
Will311
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JulieKimD
Yeah most likely I'll be waiting on it. I spoke to the best dealer at Sterling McCall.. He was great but again told me upfront the price is non negotiable right now. Sooooooooo yeah I'll be back maybe in a few months. At least it gives me time to save more money for a bigger down. He did a search of vehicles in the whole south region, including dealers in Texas, Louisiana, etc. The only dealers that had the vehicle on stock was Cali :/
I'd recommend coming up to Sewell in Dallas. If you do, send me a note and I will let you know who I worked with.
Old 09-26-13, 03:41 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
They'll probably call you with better offer if you left them your contact info. If they do, don't take it unless they get close to your acceptable price. My first offer I got was $500 off MSRP but my final deal was $3500 off MSRP. I had to go to the dealer two times including the first time when I test drove it. Second time I was there for ~1 hours to submit the special order.

They also increased my trade in by $1000 but in my mind it was still unacceptable so I'm going to try and sell on my own. If I can't for any reason then I still have the option to trade my car in for the agreed price when my car comes in.
CarMax. Sold last 2 cars there. Sweet spot between trade-in and retail.
Old 09-26-13, 09:44 PM
Vulaj
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is 250 f-sport out the door

I don't want to jinx it but I am purchasing my lexus is 250 f-sport with rear cam, park assist, blind spot monitoring p for 39,900 out the door with taxes included..do y'all think that's a good deal? I know people are saying wait but my current car is falling apart!!!
Old 09-26-13, 10:08 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Glashub
CarMax. Sold last 2 cars there. Sweet spot between trade-in and retail.
I didn't even try that. Being a car buyer after 12 years I guess there are many things I'm not aware of.

However after posting my car on craigslist my car has sold close to retails in less than 3 days. Very happy but only issue is I didn't expect my car to sell this fast and now I'm left without a car for next 2-3 month!

Going to have to use my wife's car since she doesn't work.
Old 09-27-13, 01:09 PM
JulieKimD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vulaj
I don't want to jinx it but I am purchasing my lexus is 250 f-sport with rear cam, park assist, blind spot monitoring p for 39,900 out the door with taxes included..do y'all think that's a good deal? I know people are saying wait but my current car is falling apart!!!
I don't think that's a bad deal at all.. But I do think depending on the dealer your offer could be a tad bit better. Just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 09-27-13, 01:56 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Vulaj
You cannot get parking assist with F-sport model not sure how it's possible.
Old 09-27-13, 04:01 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by bayarea3is
lol, "rice" is being thrown out pretty loosely around here when in fact we all own a japanese car.
The term rice as used in this thread/forum has nothing to do with the origin of the car.
Old 09-28-13, 12:53 PM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

not trying to thread jack, but thats another topic to debate/argue about

Anyways, good luck with the purchase and its a smart move on your end to wait on it, Julie!
Old 09-28-13, 06:30 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

So just agreed upon a deal with my local dealer. 350 F Sport for $50,750 OTD, with the ML sound and I'm $1,300 upside down on my trade-in (it's a lease that as far as I thought, I was actually $3,000 underwater on, so I was thrilled with the trade-in value they offered). The bummer is that because i'm trading in a lease, I still have to pay full sales tax on the new car.

Going in Monday to sign the papers and pick out my color. It's either Silver/Red or Grey/Grey. I love the red interior, but I much prefer the Grey exterior, so I'll have to look at them both for a while and see which way I lean.
Old 09-28-13, 06:48 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18
So just agreed upon a deal with my local dealer. 350 F Sport for $50,750 OTD, with the ML sound and I'm $1,300 upside down on my trade-in (it's a lease that as far as I thought, I was actually $3,000 underwater on, so I was thrilled with the trade-in value they offered). The bummer is that because i'm trading in a lease, I still have to pay full sales tax on the new car.

Going in Monday to sign the papers and pick out my color. It's either Silver/Red or Grey/Grey. I love the red interior, but I much prefer the Grey exterior, so I'll have to look at them both for a while and see which way I lean.
Wow, you found one with ML audio. Good luck on Monday!
Old 09-28-13, 06:56 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Congrats! Got another month to wait on my white / red to come in. Sucks but I don't want to settle on the color. They just put up a IS billboard I see everyday on the way home from work. ugh.....
Old 09-28-13, 07:00 PM
John510
Lead Lap

It's either Silver/Red or Grey/Grey. I love the red interior, but I much prefer the Grey exterior, so I'll have to look at them both for a while and see which way I lean.
If you love the red interior and grey interior why not get a Grey with red seats?
Old 09-28-13, 07:10 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

Living in Texas now, a lighter interior is probably for the best, so I'm quite ok with a gray interior. In fact, initially I thought I was going to go with White/Gray. So Gray/Gray would be great, honestly.

Also when it comes to color, I'm just not that picky.
Old 09-28-13, 07:14 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Living in Texas now, a lighter interior is probably for the best, so I'm quite ok with a gray interior. In fact, initially I thought I was going to go with White/Gray. So Gray/Gray would be great, honestly.

Also when it comes to color, I'm just not that picky.
For 50k+ I'd be picky. lol

Sounds like you got a good deal. I was offered 2 grand less OTD but that was w/o ML audio. Does the car also have VGRS?

Quick Reply: 2014 is 350 f sport edition negotiating price